Dior Crayon Eyeliner

Dior Crayon Eyeliner

3.6

I am a massive fan of Dior products, I use their foundations, blush etc but I was really disappointed with this product. In terms of actual eyeliner - it's very average and it's a good starting eyeliner but it is not the most durable. For its price range it is totally not worth it.

Would not buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

So, the Sephora SA recommended this to me after I asked her what was the longest lasting, waterproof eyeliner pencil she had in the store. I told her I have the oiliest eyelids and skin on the planet and every eyeliner pencil smudges off in no time. Have tried MUF, Urban Decay, Stila, Lancome, the list goes on and on. Depending on how much time I have, I use three types of eyeliner applications in the morning - the liquid eyeliners (Lancome's Artliner is #1 hands down), the eyeliner brush with gel pots (MAC fluidline tops this list), and the pencil method but I find that an eyeliner pencil is the fastest to apply and I'm always in a rush in the morning to get to work on time!
Was hoping, praying, believing this one would work but I kid you not, it was smudged within 10 minutes after applying it. It's going back. $29 plus tax for raccoon eyes?! This is after coating w/UD primer potion and I even dabbed some Hourglass mineral veil primer under my eyes and on my eyelids. And this is not applying it to my waterline - this is just lining it under my lower lash line. Disappointing is an understatement.
The hunt continues...

on 8/13/2011 3:23:00 AM

This is my review for Dior's Crayon Eyeliner, Waterproof edition in Black:

I'm sad to say the eyeliner is decent and equivalent in water performance to a drugstore eyeliner. Meaning, raccoon eyes-ready and not water-effective. Why do they keep tricking people into thinking its waterproof when it doesnt serve its most important labelling purpose?

Eyes: Violet

Eh....I expected more out of Dior but I'm not happy with this eyeliner at all. You have to press down so hard just get the eyeliner on your lid. Even then, it doesn't really look dark or pigmented. On top of that, it feels more waxy and doesn't stay on too long. Back to the drawing board in finding a better eyeliner.

on 10/10/2008 10:20:00 AM

okayyy.. this eyeliner the black is kinda like..
not black? i dont know how that works. its kinda a bluey grey-y dark colour.. but definitely not black
and the staying power isnt that good either. like slipping and sliding all over my eyelids ? not cool.
i expect waaaay better from dior
grumph. :(
the only good thing would be the sharpener that comes with it :D

I really like the eyeliner. It is very smooth and lasts a really long time. I also like that it comes with a sharpener too. I will repurchase again.

Lurvee this eyeliner!!! I've repurchased it 3 times now. The texture is creamy and smooth so it's easy to apply. This eyeliner comes with a smudger and a sharpener so that's just awesome! The price in M'sia is about 15 USD, so that's not expensive considering the incredible result it gives.

on 1/31/2007 2:46:00 PM

The waterproof eyeliner lasts forever, but it's not soft and doesn't risks easily. I don't know if the non WP version is softer. Good for those who doesn't have firm hands.

Update: it's blurring a little in my upper lid.

on 3/26/2006 9:09:00 PM

Finally, an ultra smooth, highly pigmented and longlasting eyeliner! Dior crayon eyeliner is the best because it draws on nice and smooth without tugging and provides such great definition. I rated the price as dirt cheap because when you factor in all the positives of this product it works out to be such good value! I also love how you get such a long stick with a smudger on the end and a little pencil sharpener in the pack as well. Would repurchase!

on 12/13/2005 4:11:00 PM

I am a eyeliner/smudger girl! I love this for its smudger and it is a better quality product than my Origins eyeliner overall.