Fenty Beauty by Rihanna by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 9/3/2018 10:26:00 AM

For only $44, you get two full-sized Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks in Shawty and Up 2 No Good, and a full-sized Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow and girl they are so awesome! These three can be used for 3 individual looks but what I prefer even more is to use them all for one look: I use the Mattemoiselle in Shawty to line the outside of my lips and fill the center with the Up 2 No Good. Thanks to its smooth texture, the Mademoiselle in Shawty will make your lips look shiny and full and will give the perfect shape to your lips. Adding a nice finish of the Eclipse 2-in-1 Glitter Release Eyeliner will be enough to give you this glossy, natural look! Definitely one of my favorites!
I have written more reviews of this amazing collection on https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/review-of-fenty-beauty-by-rihanna so check it out for other products!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I like it. It’s very creamy and moisturising. The colour is great (Spankd) and I’m asked constantly what it is. I find it bleeds a bit (using a conditioning lip pencil helps with that).

I just don’t LOVE it the way I love the gloss

on 5/15/2018 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably the second most comfortable matte bullet lipstick I own - Maybelline is first. I have this in Spanked, which is a beautiful warm rust/brown shade. While it's matte, it actually feels satin. It's not transfer-proof so you will need to touch up throughout the day. I like the thin shape of the tube as it takes up less space in my makeup bag. There is no scent at all. A huge plus. I do think it's a bit pricey given the size and when I run out, I likely won't repurchase simply b/c of the price point. I can likely find a dupe with Maybelline. That said, it is a great lipstick and if you've had your eye on it, I say go for it.

on 4/15/2018 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Back in the early 2000s MAC had a lipstick called Sepia, and it was THE perfect rust/orange/peach/terra cotta shade, so of course it was discontinued. I've spent YEARS trying to dupe it; I even had 3 Custom Color make it for me at a ridiculous price ( last I knew $50 for 2 tubes.)
I was perusing Sephora one day and happened upon Freckle Fiesta; it's as close to,Sepia as I recall. I'm a natural redhead and this is a perfect nude/ neural for me. Lasting power is great and it's the most comfortable matte lipstick I've ever worn. It's $$ but you have to understand, I've been searching SO LONG for this shade. I wear it with my ABH Subculture palette when I want to use a pop of color on my lids ( dark teal usually.)
Would I buy this again? Hopefully I don't need to hoard a case of it if they suddenly decide to DC the shade. Don't do me like MAC did, Fenty!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this in the shade Freckle Fiesta and it is very nice. I do feel like it is very expensive for the amount of product that you get, but I haven't really finished a lipstick in the past decade so it doesn't bother me that much. The color is gorgeous and unique, even in my collection of warm brown, peach, terra cotta, and orange lipsticks. It feels great on the lips, is not drying, and lasts a fair amount of time. Overall, this is a great product and I would repurchase this shade if I did los it or ran out for sure.

on 3/13/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried freckle fiesta and it’s a beautiful rusty orange with a velvety matte finish. The pigmentation is incredible and I don’t find the shape of the lipstick bullet difficult to use, but I can see why it can be some trouble with the darker shades. This does get dry throughout the day and sinks into lip lines, so this is a creamy, but not a hydrating formula. My main problem with this lipstick is how little product you actually get, so that was the deal breaker for me. The more neon shades tend to be streakier; saw c looked awful on me

on 3/9/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only have one shade (Freckle Fiesta) but I hope to get more eventually.

Price- Yes, they're pricey. I can only speak for this one shade, but it's worth it. It's the exact shade of orange that I've been looking for a long time.

Wear- When I wear it to work (9 hours of wear usually), I have only had to reapply once in the day after eating lunch. It's comfortable, but doesn't slip or bleed on me. It doesn't fade in the middle of my lips either. Also, looks good as blush and lasts all day (11+ hours).

I'd definitely repurchase this shade if I run out.

on 1/31/2018 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample of Griselda, a bold burgundy. The colour is beautiful and goes on super dark and fades down to a bright berry between reapplications. It also kept my lips feeling nice and moisturised throughout the day. The packaging is gorrrrrgeous. It feels creamy but secure on the lips. Not wholly weightless, which I don't mind. The finish is a beautiful velvet, and I love that the product is unscented and tasteless.

The downsides are... it transfers so easily. If anything brushes your lips even slightly it gets everywhere. You pretty much need to use a lip liner as the bullet isn't the best for precision and otherwise things get pretty patchy. If you go outside your lips, you will probably need to bust out the concealer because it can stain. I also feel like it wasn't entirely opaque in one layer which makes me curious if the other colours are super opaque.

It is also super expensive... I got a deluxe sample which weighed in at 1gram. The full size retails for $23C and is only 1.7g of product. A MAC travel sized lipstick retails for $13C and contains 1.8g of product :o

I wouldn't repurchase this colour, but I would maybe consider trying on of the crazy colours like dark blue or green. I probably won't reach too much for this shade again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried and used ten of these (out of 14) and have to say that quality-wise, Mattemoiselle line is very consistent.

Different shades might have slightly different finishes, but there is certainly a colour for everyone here. These lipsticks have no scent or taste, which is great. Plus they don't feel drying on the lips, the formula is pretty weightless. They do transfer, so you might want to carry a bullet with you to reapply or touch up.

I have unedited hand and lip swatches in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/01/30/Have-You-Met-Mattemoiselle) but all in all - this line is really well made. You get less product (for the price) compared to MAC, but if there is a colour you really like in the Fenty line - I say go ahead and try it in store. My personal favorite is Ma'Damn - beautiful, true red with a blue undertone.

on 1/29/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Spanked, a gorgeous warm dusty pink, slightly verging on terracotta. I’m in love! This is by far the most beautiful lip colour I have ever owned. Texture is soft, it takes a while to dry down but it never becomes totally matte-dry, colour pay-off is excellent, it’s not completely transferproof, but all is forgiven because of the colour.