Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick

on 3/13/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried freckle fiesta and it’s a beautiful rusty orange with a velvety matte finish. The pigmentation is incredible and I don’t find the shape of the lipstick bullet difficult to use, but I can see why it can be some trouble with the darker shades. This does get dry throughout the day and sinks into lip lines, so this is a creamy, but not a hydrating formula. My main problem with this lipstick is how little product you actually get, so that was the deal breaker for me.

on 3/9/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only have one shade (Freckle Fiesta) but I hope to get more eventually.

Price- Yes, they're pricey. I can only speak for this one shade, but it's worth it. It's the exact shade of orange that I've been looking for a long time.

Wear- When I wear it to work (9 hours of wear usually), I have only had to reapply once in the day after eating lunch. It's comfortable, but doesn't slip or bleed on me. It doesn't fade in the middle of my lips either. Also, looks good as blush and lasts all day (11+ hours).

I'd definitely repurchase this shade if I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I own the shades Candy Venom, Shawty, and Griselda. I like the sleek packaging, I just wish there was more product in the tube. They go on very smooth , they do transfer, but the lipstick still stays on my lips for many hours. My lips get dry during the winter, but these don't settle into lip lines like some lipsticks do. Candy Venom isn't as bright pink as the swatches show, it's more of a dark pink. Shawty is a beautiful deep chestnut brown , Griselda looks almost black on my lips, but I do like it. I do think these should be a few dollars cheaper as you do not get much product for the price. The only shade I will repurchase is Shawty.

on 1/31/2018 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample of Griselda, a bold burgundy. The colour is beautiful and goes on super dark and fades down to a bright berry between reapplications. It also kept my lips feeling nice and moisturised throughout the day. The packaging is gorrrrrgeous. It feels creamy but secure on the lips. Not wholly weightless, which I don't mind. The finish is a beautiful velvet, and I love that the product is unscented and tasteless.

The downsides are... it transfers so easily. If anything brushes your lips even slightly it gets everywhere. You pretty much need to use a lip liner as the bullet isn't the best for precision and otherwise things get pretty patchy. If you go outside your lips, you will probably need to bust out the concealer because it can stain. I also feel like it wasn't entirely opaque in one layer which makes me curious if the other colours are super opaque.

It is also super expensive... I got a deluxe sample which weighed in at 1gram. The full size retails for $23C and is only 1.7g of product. A MAC travel sized lipstick retails for $13C and contains 1.8g of product :o

I wouldn't repurchase this colour, but I would maybe consider trying on of the crazy colours like dark blue or green. I probably won't reach too much for this shade again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried and used ten of these (out of 14) and have to say that quality-wise, Mattemoiselle line is very consistent.

Different shades might have slightly different finishes, but there is certainly a colour for everyone here. These lipsticks have no scent or taste, which is great. Plus they don't feel drying on the lips, the formula is pretty weightless. They do transfer, so you might want to carry a bullet with you to reapply or touch up.

I have unedited hand and lip swatches in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/01/30/Have-You-Met-Mattemoiselle) but all in all - this line is really well made. You get less product (for the price) compared to MAC, but if there is a colour you really like in the Fenty line - I say go ahead and try it in store. My personal favorite is Ma'Damn - beautiful, true red with a blue undertone.

on 1/29/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Spanked, a gorgeous warm dusty pink, slightly verging on terracotta. I’m in love! This is by far the most beautiful lip colour I have ever owned. Texture is soft, it takes a while to dry down but it never becomes totally matte-dry, colour pay-off is excellent, it’s not completely transferproof, but all is forgiven because of the colour.

on 1/21/2018 12:01:00 AM

SHADE: When I first saw the release on Instagram I immediately knew I was going to buy Freckle FIesta. I initially thought I had similar lipsticks in my collection, because I love this color family, but swatching them side by side I discovered this shade is actually pretty different to every other lipstick I own. I would describe it as a burnt orange copper, but Fenty Beauty says it's a spicy terracota. it's a great addition to your collection if you like warm lipsticks.

FORMULA: It's very creamy and lightweight, but incredibly long lasting. It actually lasts a meal, which usually never happens with regular lipstick. It starts very creamy and hydrating, but it dries with drinking and eating.

PACKAGING: It's very slick and it looks nice. It doesn't feel expensive, but it doesn't look cheap either so I don't have a problem with it. The bullet is very practical and, as I have small lips, it helps with application. The only con with it is that it comes with less product than a regular lipstick (about half, to be specific). As I rarely finish up a lipstick this isn't a problem, but it might be something to consider.

on 1/9/2018 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To begin, I only have one small version of this lipstick. I redeemed 100 Sephora points and in turn received Griselda, a vampy shade described as a bold burgundy.

I thought -- or hoped, for the sake of my wallet -- the Fenty line would be all hype so I avoided it, but when I could try this for points, I thought why not.

I'm liking this more than I'd expected.

First off, the formula glides on nicely, but it is hard to apply precisely, and it can look caked if I overapply. At first try it was a bit messy because the color is so deep on my light complexion, but I smoothed out the edges with a Q-tip and then it had the blotted look I love, but with still a ton of color. This little guy is pigmented, too. For a pale girl it's a way to go vampy or goth, but for darker-skinned ladies it'll look fabulous, too. It really is a matte formula, but doesn't feel drying or irritating on me, with no fragrance. (Yes!) t's very comfortable, in fact, and is the kind of formula I prefer in mattes. If I were spending my own $18 on this, however, I'd choose a red, nude, or dusty pink instead. Wear time seems decent, too. I don't think it's the longest lasting formula through lunch or whatever, but through sips of coffee it doesn't transfer to my cup much, and it remains looking velvety without feeling drying.

The packaging is cute, too. I can't think of a single lipstick that comes in a little eight-sided tube, which makes it easier to find by touch alone.

My one gripe is the $18 price tag. I'd prefer this at something like $14, but I have a feeling that down the line I'll be picking up Spanked, MaDamn, and possibly a couple others. But it looks like it has about the same amount of product as Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, so it's reasonable. (I always wish that one was a couple bucks cheaper, too.)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

In this month of January 2018, this Fenty lipstick is one of the options for redeeming 100 of your Sephora frequent customer points. The color is Griselda. This pretty, deep-wine color is perfect for my chocolate skin.

Here's why this is one of the best gifts ever for the 100 frequent customer points. First, this is a large sample. It'll take me a while to use this up since I'm a lipstick aficionado with many other choices in the rotation. Frankly, I wish that all of my lipstick bullets came in this size. Less space would be taken up in my purse. The second reason why I love this gift is because it turned me on to a great matte formula! And since I'm a lipstick fan, I've used a lot of different stuff.

In my mind, there are two types of matte lip products. The first one has serious staying power and allows you to go many hours without re-application. My MAC Retro Matte falls into this category. However this type of matte lipstick leaves my lips looking parched like a desert after an hour or so. My lips are naturally dry. So I absolutely must put a balm on under the lip color. And when the desert-dry look shows up anyway, I put a little bit of clear gloss over the color.

The second type of matte lipstick is actually my favorite. And the Fenty Mattemoiselle lipstick falls into this category. Sometimes "creamy matte" is used to describe this type of product. NYX calls their line "velvet matte." These lipsticks never get to that bone-dry look. And while it's true that I have to re-apply the product after I eat, I'm fine with that. My lips just need one coat of balm under the color and I'm fine.

I was surprised at how long the Fenty product lasted. I drank a whole cup of Starbucks tea. The color looked even better. It was just a little toned down as if my lips were naturally that pretty color. I definitely had to re-apply after I ate. But once again, I'm fine with that.

I love the rose gold coloring of the packaging. This makes it easy to find the lipstick in my purse. And the octagonal shape of the case is way cool.

It's only a matter of time before I break my no-lipstick-purchasing period and buy the navy Clapback color. It's gorgeous and better than my other blue lipsticks. 😅

on 1/5/2018 4:13:00 AM

I really disagree with the other reviewer. Beautiful, sleek packaging. Smooth matte formula. The colours are super unique but also very wearable. They wear off nicely and sort of set in place. Defs not transfer proof but wears very well. I can agree that the article ackaging feels slightly cheap but I feel like it's fair for the price point.