4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Matte isn't my favorite finish, mostly because it can be really difficult to wear... Between being too dry, extremely unflattering, looking grotesque after an hour.... it's just not a pop it on and forget about it type of finish / look BUT these mattes are extremely nice! I didn't have any of those issues. I always prep my lips with ChapStick and this did not dry my lips out. It didn't ball up or wear oddly. It was fairly long wearing but it didn't stain. It was just kind of the perfect matte look, I also like the Nyx soft mattes but obviously these were better. Matte but not flat, not super sticky or dry, and the tube is pretty and the bullet is slim, you don't get all that much product and the price reflects that. I have the shade Thicc, I'm extremely pale with a neutral leaning cool skin tone and it basically looks brown on me but like the prettiest and most flattering brown... which is something I've never worn but I absolutely love this. Planning to get several more because of my good experience with the first!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

7 months ago

I have thicc. I love it on my lips in all ways. Color wise, i got it to replace her uncuffed stunna, which I wore for 9 straight months til the well ran dry and for someone who owns like 5,000 lip products in every shade formula and finish imaginable (which is only a slight exaggeration) that’s saying A LOT about how much I love that color. I HATED that container tho. It looked sexy but was messy and not purse friendly and leaked which is the ONLY thing preventing me from buying like every other shade I’ve not tried :( That was fall->winter->spring when I was an nw20-30, and now I’m faux tanned on up to nc40/43, and I still love the color on me (Even though I’m loving orangey shades I’ve always shamelessly worn but can get away with much better tanned). I have very pigmented mauve lips in relation to my light skin, and on me thicc is slightly darker than a MLBB. Cool toned mauve. But not purple-ish at all. Super wearable with all looks. Like I can do a warm or cool face accent, neutral or heavy eye in any hue with it since it just amps up my natural lip color. Formula wise, it is sooooo moisturizing for matte! In Mac lipstick land comparison, it’s more moisturizing than a powder kiss (I’m just throwing more mattes out here), but almost as pigmented as a retro matte (bullet not liquid). Though unlike a mac RM, I have to build it to major opacity in a few swipes. It lasts very decent.. since it’s moisturizing obvi it’s not glue like a ruby woo (I’m talking formula now not color obvi). This shade I have, thicc, pairs PERFECTLY with mac “whirl” lip liner! I posted a pic of my smiling mug wearing that particular combo. Hope this helps. I am certainly amenable to augmenting my reedonk lip collection with more mattemoiselles. I see on Sephora some shades are quite popular and the names are.... interesting. Oh.., the stamp on top before you use it is a very nice touch. Very pretty and PRACTICAL bullet so thank you riri for that one ;)

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0
from

a year ago

I got the colour thicc which I like, yet the formula is a little too dry to what I’m used to and in the winter I need pigmentation and hydration. However I do like how the product itself is easy enough for me to use it to line my lips as well as fill them in. The packing is tiny for the price I pay. Not good value at all I can find colors like that everywhere with a better matte formula and more product.

About reviewer (150 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

overall: 6/10 I do like this lipstick a lot, but I can't get past the cheap packaging and how little product there is for the price. The tube is a thin plastic, which feels like it would break easily. The lipstick itself is very good quality. It's matte, but doesn't have that heavy thick feeling some matte lipsticks do (think MAC Retro Matte or the old formula of Kat Von D Studded Kiss). Even when my lips are dry, I don't feel any discomfort with it on. I have the shade Spanked, which is a warm rosy nude. It is very long-wearing, even more so if you top it with a gloss. I think I would purchase more of these, just because the formula is what I like.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

For only $44, you get two full-sized Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks in Shawty and Up 2 No Good, and a full-sized Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow and girl they are so awesome! These three can be used for 3 individual looks but what I prefer even more is to use them all for one look: I use the Mattemoiselle in Shawty to line the outside of my lips and fill the center with the Up 2 No Good. Thanks to its smooth texture, the Mademoiselle in Shawty will make your lips look shiny and full and will give the perfect shape to your lips. Adding a nice finish of the Eclipse 2-in-1 Glitter Release Eyeliner will be enough to give you this glossy, natural look! Definitely one of my favorites! I have written more reviews of this amazing collection on https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/review-of-fenty-beauty-by-rihanna so check it out for other products!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I like it. It’s very creamy and moisturising. The colour is great (Spankd) and I’m asked constantly what it is. I find it bleeds a bit (using a conditioning lip pencil helps with that). I just don’t LOVE it the way I love the gloss

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairSilver, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is probably the second most comfortable matte bullet lipstick I own - Maybelline is first. I have this in Spanked, which is a beautiful warm rust/brown shade. While it's matte, it actually feels satin. It's not transfer-proof so you will need to touch up throughout the day. I like the thin shape of the tube as it takes up less space in my makeup bag. There is no scent at all. A huge plus. I do think it's a bit pricey given the size and when I run out, I likely won't repurchase simply b/c of the price point. I can likely find a dupe with Maybelline. That said, it is a great lipstick and if you've had your eye on it, I say go for it.

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

Back in the early 2000s MAC had a lipstick called Sepia, and it was THE perfect rust/orange/peach/terra cotta shade, so of course it was discontinued. I've spent YEARS trying to dupe it; I even had 3 Custom Color make it for me at a ridiculous price ( last I knew $50 for 2 tubes.) I was perusing Sephora one day and happened upon Freckle Fiesta; it's as close to,Sepia as I recall. I'm a natural redhead and this is a perfect nude/ neural for me. Lasting power is great and it's the most comfortable matte lipstick I've ever worn. It's $$ but you have to understand, I've been searching SO LONG for this shade. I wear it with my ABH Subculture palette when I want to use a pop of color on my lids ( dark teal usually.) Would I buy this again? Hopefully I don't need to hoard a case of it if they suddenly decide to DC the shade. Don't do me like MAC did, Fenty!

About reviewer (663 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have this in the shade Freckle Fiesta and it is very nice. I do feel like it is very expensive for the amount of product that you get, but I haven't really finished a lipstick in the past decade so it doesn't bother me that much. The color is gorgeous and unique, even in my collection of warm brown, peach, terra cotta, and orange lipsticks. It feels great on the lips, is not drying, and lasts a fair amount of time. Overall, this is a great product and I would repurchase this shade if I did los it or ran out for sure.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I tried freckle fiesta and it’s a beautiful rusty orange with a velvety matte finish. The pigmentation is incredible and I don’t find the shape of the lipstick bullet difficult to use, but I can see why it can be some trouble with the darker shades. This does get dry throughout the day and sinks into lip lines, so this is a creamy, but not a hydrating formula. My main problem with this lipstick is how little product you actually get, so that was the deal breaker for me. The more neon shades tend to be streakier; saw c looked awful on me

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age19-24