Origins Original Skin Pore Perfecting Cooling Primer with Willowherb

Origins Original Skin Pore Perfecting Cooling Primer with Willowherb
Original Skin Pore Perfecting Cooling Primer with Willowherb

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This primer did a great job of filling in my pores and keeping me matte, and the cooling effect is fun (especially in the summer) but really just a gimmick.

The packaging is the only complaint I have about this. It never dispensed the mousse-like texture evenly. It always just sputtered out of the opening of the bottle.

on 4/13/2018 7:44:00 AM

Been using this a week now my usual primer is Hour Glass mineral veil which I love, but since I’ve ordered this I have been using nothing else. I love the cooling feeling on the skin and it really blurs my pores but the reason I keep using this is the change I’ve seen in my skin after 2 days use when I washed my makeup off on day 2 and since my skin is looking better by the day, I don’t have bad skin few pores around my T zone and the odd blemish, but the texture changed tiny pores on the rest of my skin were gone, my pores on my T zone were tiny and and my fine lines seemed plumped, my skin looked like I had a filter, this is the only new thing I used so can only be this primer. Only downside is that my makeup has been separating slightly on my forehead so wouldn’t use when I need a good 9 hours I would use my hour glass.

on 2/24/2018 3:46:00 PM

I love the cold of the product and it’s a great primer. It’s comes out of the can spotty. It’s expensive. Not much in the can! Lasts a couple weeks. It’s just such a bad value!! If this were even twice the size I would purchase it again. 32 bucks and it’s gone in a week or two?? Come on origins. You can do better.

on 1/2/2018 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

1.8 ounces for $32.00

This is hands down the best primer I have ever used… my new favorite!!!

I wasn’t anticipating the degree of cooling it has. It comes out like an aerosol and it's really cold but feels wonderful. It feels hydrating and smooth once applied and it is so much better for your skin than heavy slick silicone primers. You can also wear it alone like a BB cream or tinted moisturizer on those “I don’t feel like foundation” days.

It has citrus essential oils in it and it is very refreshing and cooling on my skin. It really does minimize my pores and fine lines. I’ve used a beauty blender, a brush and just my fingers to apply foundation over it and I will say if the beauty blender is too wet sometimes it doesn’t work as well as a brush, it tended to want to disturb the primer... so I dry the beauty blender a little more by giving it a good squeeze in a towel then it works perfectly. It looks really nice when applied with an Artis brush or an Artis dupe like the Lagure brush. I have not tried foundation over it with a stipple brush.

My pores and fine lines, look much better when I use this, not invisible, but very close.

Cons: I would prefer a pump over an aerosol can but I supposed that is not possible with the cooling effect for the product. A little pricey but no more than other high end primers.

Description from the Origins website:
Best For Renewal & Radiance

Active ingredient Willowherb
Recommended for Dry, Normal or Oily skin

WHAT IT IS:
The glow-to step between skincare & makeup. This cooling, airy mousse primer leaves skin looking fresh, pore-fected & softly glowing. Smooth on after moisturizer & before makeup.

WHAT IT IS FORMULATED TO DO:
Deliver ice-cold moisture, visibly minimize pores, prime & perfect.

WHAT IT IS FORMULATED WITHOUT:
*except cruelty free Honey & Beeswax

From the moment you twist off the cap and enjoy your first smell of an Origins product, you'll experience nature in one of its most potent and luxurious forms. The mission of Origins is to create problem-solving skin care that's powered by nature and proven by science. Their high-performance natural products, using potent plants, organic ingredients, and 100-percent natural essential oils, is studied by an international team of over 100 scientists for efficacy, safety, and impact on skin. The other cornerstone of the brand is their commitment to protecting the planet. Earth-friendly practices, such as facilities powered by renewable energy and post-consumer recycled cartons, affirm their long-standing promise to use the planet's resources responsibly.
Ingredients:
-Willowherb

Water, Dimethyl Ether, Dimethicone, Silica, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil*, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil*, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil*, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Citral, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract, Cistus Incanus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Caffeine, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Arginine, Salicylic Acid, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sucrose**, Phospholipids, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica Silylate, Galactoarabinan, Tromethamine, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Glucosamine Hcl, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492). *Essential Oil. **Organic Brown Sugar.