Deciem Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%

4.7

Got this primarily as it's sold as an antioxidant - especially now that summer and its extended UV exposure times are here. This contains only three ingredients - the organic solvent propanediol, ferulic acid, and resveratrol. That's it! The ferulic acid and resveratrol concentrations are both 3%, not bottom in the list of 90+ ingredients with miniscule actual amounts in the formula. Comes in the Ordinary's brown glass bottle to protect against early degradation by light, with a pipette dropper inside.

This feels like quite a thick, viscous formula, and I have to be careful about using in the morning as it's easy to use too much and give myself a bad case of shiny face. On immediate application, it has a bit of a warm and tingly sensation but it's not painful or irritating - it feels a bit like a sunbeam hitting my face and then quickly subsides. I use this after the niacinamide serum +/- the salicylic acid solution if required, sometimes alone and sometimes mixed in with my moisturiser. I want to stress that although it feels thick and oily, it doesn't clog my pores or worsen acne - if anything, my skin behaves better when using this. Resveratrol has been found to have some anti-inflammatory properties so I suppose that goes some way to explain how my skin really does look better when using this.

As with the rest of the Ordinary's line of serums, this is a very affordable product that won't burn a hole in your pocket. It's cheap to buy, and as I only use 2-3 drops of this when applying, it lasts around 3 months with consistent daily use. Will continue to repurchase in future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been using this for a couple months. I think it's really improved my skin texture and it seems to combat discoloration, but I also started using the O's ALA treatment a couple weeks before this one (and I know for sure that one helps skin texture and overall appearance even more), so I can't say for sure how much improvement is due solely to the resveratrol.

The main thing this stuff helps me with is acne. It DEFINITELY helps keep my skin clear. I looked up resveratrol after I noticed this effect and what do you know?! It's actually already been proven as an effective acne treatment in studies.

This formulation is also perfect for my skin because it doesn't break me out (nearly everything "anti aging" does). All it has is that propandiol stuff, which feels like oil (at first) but is actually some kind of chemical humectant (I just know that it's non clogging and considered safe). Once it dries it's not oily or shiny. Haven't had any problems with it under makeup or spf (which surprised me considering how it felt the first time I used it).

The only thing that sucks about this stuff is it can be irritating (it's usually only used in 1% concentrations in most products from what I've read!). I have sensitive skin and it BURNED all day the first time I used it! Made my skin all red too. I had to cut down to using it only once every other night and only 2 drops at a time but after a while I was able to work my way up to using it every day and night. It can still make my skin a little reddish though, depending on other things I've used. If you have sensitive skin to be cautious.

I wish they sold it in a slightly lower concentration but you can't have everything, I guess. At least it's only about $8.

This is a new product for The ordinary and the most impressive new serum I tried this year . Two strongest antioxidants in one really makes my skin glow. Ferulic acid fights sun-induced damage to the skin by reducing oxidative stress.

I started combining it with Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (5 days a week) , another great product from the Ordinary. I apply the emulsion,wait for 5 minutes and then apply it on the top. My skin loves it , feels very smooth and glows and it seems to help with dryness too .

On the days I do not use retinoids , i use this serum alone in the evenings as it is a bit sticky and does not mix with makeup.I love that it is not oily and seem to absorb well.
I will definetely buy it again,as I love my dewy skin and protection from the aging.

the ingredients:Propanediol, Resveratrol, Ferulic Acid.