Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 6/8/2018 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically wear Mally mascaras, but I do like a good Maybelline mascara. I am not working right now and don't have excess money to drop on my usual Mally mascara so I thought I would try this. It is a good drug store alternative and I am happy with it. It makes my lasher look longer, darker and thicker. It has no curling properties too it. It can clump if you are heavy handed, but this can be easily fixed. It dries down nicely and isnt heavy or sticky.

My only complaint is this takes forever to take off, even with my oil cleanser. When I wash my face it will fall off to my under eye area. It sticks there and requires a lot of scrubbing to get off. It could be my oil cleanser because it is a cheaper variety or maybe I need an actual eye cleanser. I manage. I like the mascara enough to deal with it.

Overall I really like it. I don't think you can really go wrong with Maybelline mascaras. I've never tried one I didn't like.

I love this mascara! I love the wand, it doesn't flake, and it's easy to remove. The only bummer is that my tube seemed to try out fast but I will definitely repurchase. I love how full and fluffy this mascara makes my lashes look.

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)

I do enjoy Maybelline mascaras. My gripe is they tend to discontinue the ones I love. This one was a dud. This makes me rather sad, knowing this type of mascara has replaced other true favorites that were discontinued..(Volum' Express Turbo and Lash Stylist) Just a F.Y.I. a tube of Lash Stylist in waterproof (was my HG) goes for about $80.00 on EBay.
My biggest complaint on this one was it took longer to dry than any other mascara I've ever used. I just hate that feeling of my lashes being wet. Plus it clumped. Not for me, I returned it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy but I'm not thrilled. It's a big brush so it's a bit sloppy to apply, however once applied lashes look pretty and feathery. But then the deal breaker sets in: it's too wet and takes forever to dry, lashes start to go limp and the mascara seems to wilt and disappear. This is one of those mascaras that looks nice for the first few minutes and then looks like you're hardly wearing mascara by the end of the day. Returning it.

on 1/5/2018 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So recently mascara has been a real impulse purchase for me. I am enjoying Full and Soft, a mascara new to me which I really appreciate, but find oddly hard to remove from my lashes. As I had hoped, the effect here is the same, creating a natural yet dramatic fringe effect which I like for daily use, but Total Temptation, for me is much easier to remove with jojoba oil as I am not comfortable using soapy water by my eyes to remove makeup.

Although it may not be a mascara for those looking for a single swipe experience, I did enjoy cleaning the brush from a tremendous amount of overflow product and then quickly combing through my lashes with quick multiple strokes to create more - more lashes, volume and length for daily needs without giving me spidery lashes - for me when the product clumps to each lash in a way that makes them look clumpy - almost hairy like hairy spider legs - an issue I get if I abuse the build-ability of say, some L'oreal mascaras.

It is worth noting that I did have minimal smearing and flaking, something I may just need to get used to as I add so much beauty oil to my face in the winter to make my dry, fragile eczema - prone skin less sensitive and irritated feeling. Lashes should ideally be clean and free of oils for the mascara to apply properly but oil from my face will migrate to the lashes creating minor problems I can't seem to escape, even if it is left over from the night before. It helps to add a tubing mascara on top the Total Temptation, sticking everything together to lessen fall-out. I have also come to the conclusion that if I insist on a chunky-clump free look I will simply wait until dry and brush minor clumps away with a clean spoolie. I do in fact think that brushing through dry lashes really allows one to create the sunburst pattern most disable to lashes.

All in all, I think that Total Temptation will give my consistently good experiences, something that I have issues with the L'oreal mascara that I have tried with some great and some not so good mascara days. The tube feels nice in my hand and the brush is fine, not too big to get close to my eyes. I did notice a vanilla smell that I don't hate but can do without as scents can often equal chemicals and in general a scented mascara seems kind of desperate that I did not expect much when I noticed the scented aspect to this product.

All in all I am happy to use and keep. I do wish they did not scent it, but I will continue to wear this mascara. I will update if anything changes as this mascara is new and I don't know how it will age, only time will tell.

I don't like this mascara, I did at first a little. I thought it was going to be better. The formula is very thin and extremely dry, so it doesn't coat lashes well. The ideal formula is thick and wet for it to really coat lashes. It doesn't stick to lashes well because it's do dry, and because it's thin you get a very small amount of product on the wand.
Its good for a super natural look, you need MANY layers to get dramatic or just visible lashes ( if you don't naturally have thick lashes.) I personally don't want to have to use layer after layer of mascara, it's not convenient, time consuming, and starts to look cakey. I prefer Loreal lash paradise because I only need one coat with it.
I find it weird that this product is flammable, most mascaras aren't. It does leave lashes nice and soft though. It's so dry already so it dries out so bad after a week you can hardly get any out.

on 1/3/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I hate to be the first to review a mascara; opinions are so varied, depending on your needs/preferences. I have long, pretty full lashes, so I’m after a dark, feathery look with NO CLUMPS. I like Maybelline Full ‘n’ Soft, Prestige My Biggest Lashes and the L’Oréal tubing one.

I was attracted to this because it was new and had a traditional bristle brush (no love here for rubber, spiky brushes.) According to the website, this is supposed to have a tempting fragrance; I hadn’t noticed that. I’m glad that I haden’t read the copy on this- the idea of a scented mascara would have irritated me.

This is a good, not great mascara.

Good because: It’s quite black, did not leave under eye circles and lengthened nicely. Not tons of volume, but for me, volume = clumps.

Not great because: Some clumping-I had to use a metal lash comb. Also, I think Full ‘n’ Soft is already a better product, and this one is redundant. I don’t dislike it, but wouldn’t seek it out again. I’m curious to see what others think-