Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

2.7

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/25/2018 5:42:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used because it MELTS off your lashes if you blowdry your hair after applying. Unless I change my routine, I end up with short straight melted lashes. Going in the bin.

on 9/24/2018 11:40:00 PM

This mascara makes my lashes longer and helps them stay up throughout the day, thus making me look more awake. Although this product is mostly good, it does get all over the bottom of my eyes and crumbles by about 3. So, it lasts about 9 hours for me but that's not my whole day. My top lashes last way longer than my bottom ones do. The pigment is very true, so it goes on very dark and stays dark the whole day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Why did Maybelline make this a SCENTED mascara? The coconut fragrance burns my eyes :(

Otherwise I'd say its an average formula. A bit dry but gives subtle everyday volume and lashes feel soft. One coat gives fast feathery looking separated lashes - pretty for a natural everyday look. Doesn't create a curl. Thick traditional brush. Doesn't build well. I like the look of the first coat but two coats looks spidery and clumps lashes in weird directions. I think its because the brush is too thick to separate lashes and the formula dries so fast I can't use a lash comb to fix it. Also I found the brush hard to get to the base of lashes so I got that annoying colour "gap".

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

on 6/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara should be called 'Total Transformation' instead of Total Temptation. So here's why...you purchase the mascara and use it and totally love your lashes. It does everything that it promises to do and you're thinking you have finally found your holy grail. Then after about 5 weeks - BOOM!! Total Transformation...and not in a good way. Overnight, this mascara's formulation transforms into this thick, gooey, clumpy, sticky, blob of gunk that is the most horrible looking crap you have ever put on your lashes. It clumps, flakes, and pulls down your lashes so much so that any amount of curling prior to applying is useless. Your lashes are on a downward slope and it looks horrible - the only thing to do is to wash it off, throw out the tube, and never purchase it again. It's like the Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde of mascaras. Great for a few weeks and then - omg, what in the world is this crap on my lashes!?! Because of that total transformation I can only give this mascara a rating of 1 lippie, it was great at first but yuck after a few weeks. And I am ALWAYS very careful with my mascara, I keep my thumb on the mascara tube opening while I am applying so that no excess "air" gets into the tube to dry out the formula so this mascara's transformation was NOT because it dried out. No, it's something else and I'm not wasting my money on another tube to find out.
Oh well - still on my quest for a holy grail :)

on 3/29/2018 10:48:00 AM

Out of all the mascaras that have been hyped up, this is on that is not worth it, at all.

Of all the Maybelline Mascaras, this one is just as basic and generic.
It smears so easily after you apply it, the formula is always TOO oily/wet. The coconut water most likely makes it even more disappointing.
The huge applicator doesn’t help either, it gets all over your eyelids.

This isn’t anything special, hence 3 stars.
It’s nice, does the job, after you have to wipe all the mascara off from your eyelid, but nothing too crazy.
Makes your lashes longer....like most mascara lol....

on 3/19/2018 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hate this mascara from day 1. Maybe I got a bad tube, but if Maybelline was trying to create something similar to Loreals Lash Paradise (wands are similar texture, tubes both pink) they failed. Big time.

This is the first mascara that smudged under my eyes when I blinked, and I only had it applied to my top lashes. The wand bristles are HARD and stiff. The formula is somehow a wet, clumpy mascara, but dries super fast on your lashes, creating clumps on the lashes, and now today, I had flakes on my eyelids! I also had some of my eyelashes come off when I went in to dust some of the flakes off. Its given me spidery lashes if I try to layer it, and then it somehow makes my lashes look more sparse.

I am not a Maybelline mascara fan, and this pretty much confirms it. I have about 5 different CoverGirl mascaras in my drawer and every single one of them knocks it out of the park. I'll stick to my CG mascara and Loreals Lash Paradise as a volume topper. This stuff is going straight in the trash.

on 3/9/2018 7:05:00 PM

Fluffy flexible lashes! Nice stretchy formula that you can build upon easily. Wonderful medium brown colour unlike many too dark ‘black/brown’ contenders. My lashes, uncurled, stayed up and at attention for hours with no flakes and no irritation. No clumps, no spider lashes. The brush is super fluffy and could be ratcheted down to accommodate smaller eyes but still, it’s a delightfully plastic and elegant formula. Gives length and volume that lasts! The package gets dirty quick but I don’t mind a bit. Builds quickly with length with no pulling or clumps. Highly recommended!
Edit** dried out so fast! Not as impressed now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it my HG, but for a drugstore product it definitely exceeded my expectations. It does what I was hoping it would do: give me the fluffy lash look without clumping and without having to apply too many coats. The brush is pretty genius. The formula smells like coconuts which is nice I guess? I gather the coconut oil is supposed to be good for my lashes. Time will tell on that one. One application lasted for a good ten hours before they started to flake and irritate my eyes a little bit. That's good performance on a drugstore brand. I would definitely buy again, if I don't find my mascara true love before I run out of this.

I think it's kind of hilarious how the ad copy all says this mascara is addictive though. I find mascara to be a 'pointy stick near the eye' kind of experience that I would only repeat because it makes my eyes look bigger. Not addictive, as a general rule. It's like some ad executive noticed people intensely trying to even out their mascara and thought to himself: 'they're really into it. Must be addictive.' LOL

on 2/24/2018 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am surprised by any low reviews of this mascara, but I understand everyone's lashes are different. I have tiny, thin lashes and have tried a lot of drugstore mascaras, and until now my favorite has been L'oreal Voluminous even though it clumps a lot. I got a free sample of Benefit Roller Lash, and I loved it but prefer not to spend that much for mascara.
Total temptation adds length and fullness to my lashes without the clumps. It goes on so smoothly and is easy to build; even after a couple of coats I don't get any clumps, and my lashes are actually noticeable! I also didn't experience any flaking or smudging, even after a long day's wear.
I have sensitive, watery eyes and it doesn't bother them at all. As far as fragrance goes, I only noticed it slightly as I was applying it, and then it was gone.
My Ulta had it for $9.99 and it was buy one, get one half off.
This one is a winner!!!