Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.6

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

After hearing Maybelline mascaras get raved about, I decided to try this one. I think the nude packaging is super pretty and it doesn’t feel too cheap. The way it makes my lashes look is nice, especially on the top lashes, but it does work on the bottom ones too, you’ve just got to be careful not to overdo it. It gives them length and makes me look like they’re naturally long (and mine aren’t), but this particular mascara has a habit of transferring from my lashes to underneath my eyes or leaving small dots of black right near my eyes. In a pinch or rush, this mascara won’t behave as I have to rub at my eyes to get the smudging away and that’s why I won’t be repurchasing. It looks amazing on my lashes but I hate the smudging/transferring issue.

on 12/8/2018 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara is a clumpy mess, It didn’t give me much volume or length! It’s quite messy to apply as it feels almost oily! The packaging is cute though!

on 8/9/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: OMG the review lower only applies for the first 2 weeks when it's super wet but after it dries just a bit it's THE BOMB. Great effortless volume, keeps a curl and feels very soft and light on the lashes and comes off easily with water and face wash. I love it so much!!

I kinda like this mascara for 2 things. It doesn't clump, it separates alright and it's incredibly soft, flexible and comfortable on the lashes, I don't even feel it. What I don't like is that I have to build it up too much time to get the desired volume. Best way to do that is to let the first layer dry and then build up another layer, if you try putting on multiple layers while it's still wet it simply will not stick. Also I don't like that it's not particularly lengthening. It's alright but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I really like this mascara. It's definitely an impact mascara. The formula is uber black, rich & thick & creamy. It's a volume mascara but not a lengthening one. The only thing I've got against it, is that it's hard to build up layers & stings a little when it gets in my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

on 6/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara should be called 'Total Transformation' instead of Total Temptation. So here's why...you purchase the mascara and use it and totally love your lashes. It does everything that it promises to do and you're thinking you have finally found your holy grail. Then after about 5 weeks - BOOM!! Total Transformation...and not in a good way. Overnight, this mascara's formulation transforms into this thick, gooey, clumpy, sticky, blob of gunk that is the most horrible looking crap you have ever put on your lashes. It clumps, flakes, and pulls down your lashes so much so that any amount of curling prior to applying is useless. Your lashes are on a downward slope and it looks horrible - the only thing to do is to wash it off, throw out the tube, and never purchase it again. It's like the Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde of mascaras. Great for a few weeks and then - omg, what in the world is this crap on my lashes!?! Because of that total transformation I can only give this mascara a rating of 1 lippie, it was great at first but yuck after a few weeks. And I am ALWAYS very careful with my mascara, I keep my thumb on the mascara tube opening while I am applying so that no excess "air" gets into the tube to dry out the formula so this mascara's transformation was NOT because it dried out. No, it's something else and I'm not wasting my money on another tube to find out.
Oh well - still on my quest for a holy grail :)

on 5/25/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Loved the brush and packaging. So happy it's in a smaller tube. Did notice a slight fragrance but it wasn't overwhelming. Gives lashes a lift and adds volume and boost to the lashes yet easily removes with cleansing oil. But next morning it took hours before I could open my eyes they were that swollen! So not great for sensitive eyes mwa mwa....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara! it doesn't seem to clump on my relatively short stumpy eyelashes. It gives my poor little eyelashes a bit of a boost so they look so much longer then they actually are.

on 3/9/2018 7:05:00 PM

Fluffy flexible lashes! Nice stretchy formula that you can build upon easily. Wonderful medium brown colour unlike many too dark ‘black/brown’ contenders. My lashes, uncurled, stayed up and at attention for hours with no flakes and no irritation. No clumps, no spider lashes. The brush is super fluffy and could be ratcheted down to accommodate smaller eyes but still, it’s a delightfully plastic and elegant formula. Gives length and volume that lasts! The package gets dirty quick but I don’t mind a bit. Builds quickly with length with no pulling or clumps. Highly recommended!
Edit** dried out so fast! Not as impressed now.

on 3/9/2018 1:49:00 PM

Over the last few years, I see that drugstore offers fantastic alternatives to high end brands and I’ve decided to not buy high end mascara anymore. This is an excellent drugstore one and among my absolute favourites from Maybelline. It comes in a pretty millenium pink tube and smells lovely. I’m not fond of plastic/rubber brushes and this has a great brush. It’s not a wet formula that gives you three lashes and spider legs. I like it both over lash primer as one coat or two coats without primer. It doesn’t clump with two coats, has good separation, covers all lashes and lengthens very nicely. I get no flakes or smudges and it removes easily with waterproof mascara remover. I like this much better than Chanel Le Volume and Better Than Sex Mascara and anything Benefit.