Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/30/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does give length and volume. It does crumble off as the day wears on, especially if you over apply. The brush is awkward to use imo unless you like big brushes. Will not repurchase.

on 6/8/2018 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically wear Mally mascaras, but I do like a good Maybelline mascara. I am not working right now and don't have excess money to drop on my usual Mally mascara so I thought I would try this. It is a good drug store alternative and I am happy with it. It makes my lasher look longer, darker and thicker. It has no curling properties too it. It can clump if you are heavy handed, but this can be easily fixed. It dries down nicely and isnt heavy or sticky.

My only complaint is this takes forever to take off, even with my oil cleanser. When I wash my face it will fall off to my under eye area. It sticks there and requires a lot of scrubbing to get off. It could be my oil cleanser because it is a cheaper variety or maybe I need an actual eye cleanser. I manage. I like the mascara enough to deal with it.

Overall I really like it. I don't think you can really go wrong with Maybelline mascaras. I've never tried one I didn't like.

on 4/23/2018 7:47:00 AM

I picked this up because the store did not have my usual Full & Soft mascara. I'm very impressed, it goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look thicker and longer without excessive coats and doesn't flake. This is one of the best drug store mascaras I've tried. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this mascara. I like the cute tube, and that the brush is very big. I like the formula, I don't see little black flecks on my eyes or cheeks at the end of the day. I don't notice any intense clumping, but there can be some if I'm not careful, but I notice that with most mascaras when I put too many coats on. I find my mascara goes on more smoothly if I let it warm up before I apply it, i just stick the tube in my cleavage while I'm doing the rest of my makeup and it's all set to go when I need it.

Some people said that it smells like coconut, and there is a scent but I find it pretty subtle. The only downside is that it is harder to remove when I get it on my face, I can't scrape it off as easily, but it comes off fine at night with micellar water.

Edit: I think that this mascara might be irritating my eyes. I recently tried a dermatologist approved mascara and my eyes didn't itch, but when I went back to this mascara they did. Not sure if this is because of Total Temptations, or mascara in general. I'm keeping the rating the same for this reason. Who knows, maybe I just have weird eye balls.

on 3/19/2018 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hate this mascara from day 1. Maybe I got a bad tube, but if Maybelline was trying to create something similar to Loreals Lash Paradise (wands are similar texture, tubes both pink) they failed. Big time.

This is the first mascara that smudged under my eyes when I blinked, and I only had it applied to my top lashes. The wand bristles are HARD and stiff. The formula is somehow a wet, clumpy mascara, but dries super fast on your lashes, creating clumps on the lashes, and now today, I had flakes on my eyelids! I also had some of my eyelashes come off when I went in to dust some of the flakes off. Its given me spidery lashes if I try to layer it, and then it somehow makes my lashes look more sparse.

I am not a Maybelline mascara fan, and this pretty much confirms it. I have about 5 different CoverGirl mascaras in my drawer and every single one of them knocks it out of the park. I'll stick to my CG mascara and Loreals Lash Paradise as a volume topper. This stuff is going straight in the trash.

on 2/17/2018 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty average mascara, I've had better, and I've had worse. If you are a fan of more natural looking lashes this is a good choice. It does not add much in terms of length or volume, but it does add some. I think it add more length than both Clinique High Impact, and MUFE Excessive lash, but is less dramatic than L'Oreal Voluminous. This does give lashes a decent amount of extra length, but again nothing over the top. I found that this washes off better than Voluminous, and I did not need to follow with micellar water after washing.

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 AM

I bought this because I like the old school, bristle brushes but I will not repurchase. I also like a wet formula but this one is not easy to work with. It is thin in consistency and gets over worked very quickly. My lashes are long but thin/sparse. I have to remove some product from the brush or it clumps a lot when initially applied and then it seems to stick my lashes together in spikes no matter how light a swipe I use. I have not been able to get a second coat on without it making more spikes. Overall a fail for my type of lashes. There are other drugstore mascaras at a lower price that work much better.

on 1/19/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have THEE lamest lashes .. short, straight, refuse to cold a curl ... basically a nightmare for mascaras. I am constantly searching for a high performance one, and very rarely am I impressed enough to repurchase. Does this impress me? Absolutely! The formula is fantastic! Buildable. Doesn't smudge. It gives my lashes this beautiful feather look. So pretty! Price is right! $9 cdn. Give this a try! It's a good one!