Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.1

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Why did Maybelline make this a SCENTED mascara? The coconut fragrance burns my eyes :(

Otherwise I'd say its an average formula. A bit dry but gives subtle everyday volume and lashes feel soft. One coat gives fast feathery looking separated lashes - pretty for a natural everyday look. Doesn't create a curl. Thick traditional brush. Doesn't build well. I like the look of the first coat but two coats looks spidery and clumps lashes in weird directions. I think its because the brush is too thick to separate lashes and the formula dries so fast I can't use a lash comb to fix it. Also I found the brush hard to get to the base of lashes so I got that annoying colour "gap".

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i do not like this mascara it is very wet so it weigh my lashes down,it also take a very long time to dry the brush is kind of ok also if u dont like scents in your makeup then this is for you i myself dont mind it its not overpowering and wears away quiet soon after application i would not re purchase. i am still waiting for it to dry down to see if it works any better at first application i was very hopeful but after using it more than once .its a pass for me.

on 8/1/2018 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This mascara is ok. I don’t like the huge wands because it holds too much product so I end up having to scrape it off in the tube. I think it does a nice job with adding volume to lashes but does not separate or provide much length. I’ve experienced flaking and it always ends up getting in my eye. Packaging and name are cute, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/9/2018 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this. At first I was underwhelmed but I think it needed to evaporate a bit. You know how most mascaras are better a week after you get themy? This gives me where eyelashes in 1 coat because of the thick formula. It takes a long time to dry if you accidentally smudge on your skin. I had a spot on my concealed undereye that was not dry when I tried to flick it off. Other mascaras would have been dry but not this one. I did not take a lippy off because this is black as soot and I love this formula. Pretty much never gonna purchase a high end mascara again because there is no need whatsoever. And I normally layer 2 or more mascaras. With this I do 2 coats and am done.

on 4/9/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Another average mascara from Maybelline. It gives decent length and thickness if you can get past the very wey, sticky formula. It goes on pretty clumpy so have your lash comb ready! I'm also not impressed with the fragrance in this mascara; talk about unnecessary! Those who are fragrance sensitive beware! I would not repurchase.

on 3/28/2018 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Love, love, love this drugstore mascara. I've tried them all and this is by far the best!

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)

on 2/12/2018 7:31:00 PM

Why would someone EVER make a mascara with fragrance? Why?! The product itself-wet and messy. The perfumey odor is so off putting that I would never use it again even if it was a good product. This irritated my eyes and the fragrance does not fade. Waste of $9.

on 1/25/2018 8:36:00 PM

Maybelline's Full 'n Soft has always been my holy grail of mascaras but, I have to say, I'm REALLY liking this mascara as well!!!! I first heard about Maybelline's Total Temptation mascara because a YouTuber was talking about it being scented like vanilla so of course I just HAD to try it! LOL! I don't think it really smells that much like vanilla, but it doesn't smell like a nasty ear infection like a lot of mascaras do so that's a decided plus.

Overall I like the formula too, it's not so wet and heavy but it's not too dry either. It gives me a little more length, volume and drama than my Full 'n Soft so I like to use it when I'm going for a more dramatic look. One downside is that I do have to comb out a couple tiny clumps here and there with my ColourPop spoolie mascara brush, but I don't mind too much since the volume and staying power is worth it.

Overall, getting great looks and vibes with this mascara. LOVE!!!!