Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.6

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 9/24/2018 11:40:00 PM

This mascara makes my lashes longer and helps them stay up throughout the day, thus making me look more awake. Although this product is mostly good, it does get all over the bottom of my eyes and crumbles by about 3. So, it lasts about 9 hours for me but that's not my whole day. My top lashes last way longer than my bottom ones do. The pigment is very true, so it goes on very dark and stays dark the whole day.

on 8/9/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: OMG the review lower only applies for the first 2 weeks when it's super wet but after it dries just a bit it's THE BOMB. Great effortless volume, keeps a curl and feels very soft and light on the lashes and comes off easily with water and face wash. I love it so much!!

I kinda like this mascara for 2 things. It doesn't clump, it separates alright and it's incredibly soft, flexible and comfortable on the lashes, I don't even feel it. What I don't like is that I have to build it up too much time to get the desired volume. Best way to do that is to let the first layer dry and then build up another layer, if you try putting on multiple layers while it's still wet it simply will not stick. Also I don't like that it's not particularly lengthening. It's alright but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the better options for drugstore mascara forsureeeee! It’s nice, creamy, smells good, allows you to layer multiple coats and did not flake on me. Makes your lashes look pretty. Nice job maybelline!

on 8/2/2018 3:23:00 PM

Panda town. Not significantly easy to remove either to make up for the smudging.

on 7/30/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does give length and volume. It does crumble off as the day wears on, especially if you over apply. The brush is awkward to use imo unless you like big brushes. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

on 6/8/2018 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically wear Mally mascaras, but I do like a good Maybelline mascara. I am not working right now and don't have excess money to drop on my usual Mally mascara so I thought I would try this. It is a good drug store alternative and I am happy with it. It makes my lasher look longer, darker and thicker. It has no curling properties too it. It can clump if you are heavy handed, but this can be easily fixed. It dries down nicely and isnt heavy or sticky.

My only complaint is this takes forever to take off, even with my oil cleanser. When I wash my face it will fall off to my under eye area. It sticks there and requires a lot of scrubbing to get off. It could be my oil cleanser because it is a cheaper variety or maybe I need an actual eye cleanser. I manage. I like the mascara enough to deal with it.

Overall I really like it. I don't think you can really go wrong with Maybelline mascaras. I've never tried one I didn't like.

on 6/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara should be called 'Total Transformation' instead of Total Temptation. So here's why...you purchase the mascara and use it and totally love your lashes. It does everything that it promises to do and you're thinking you have finally found your holy grail. Then after about 5 weeks - BOOM!! Total Transformation...and not in a good way. Overnight, this mascara's formulation transforms into this thick, gooey, clumpy, sticky, blob of gunk that is the most horrible looking crap you have ever put on your lashes. It clumps, flakes, and pulls down your lashes so much so that any amount of curling prior to applying is useless. Your lashes are on a downward slope and it looks horrible - the only thing to do is to wash it off, throw out the tube, and never purchase it again. It's like the Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde of mascaras. Great for a few weeks and then - omg, what in the world is this crap on my lashes!?! Because of that total transformation I can only give this mascara a rating of 1 lippie, it was great at first but yuck after a few weeks. And I am ALWAYS very careful with my mascara, I keep my thumb on the mascara tube opening while I am applying so that no excess "air" gets into the tube to dry out the formula so this mascara's transformation was NOT because it dried out. No, it's something else and I'm not wasting my money on another tube to find out.
Oh well - still on my quest for a holy grail :)

I love this mascara! I love the wand, it doesn't flake, and it's easy to remove. The only bummer is that my tube seemed to try out fast but I will definitely repurchase. I love how full and fluffy this mascara makes my lashes look.

on 3/29/2018 10:48:00 AM

Out of all the mascaras that have been hyped up, this is on that is not worth it, at all.

Of all the Maybelline Mascaras, this one is just as basic and generic.
It smears so easily after you apply it, the formula is always TOO oily/wet. The coconut water most likely makes it even more disappointing.
The huge applicator doesn’t help either, it gets all over your eyelids.

This isn’t anything special, hence 3 stars.
It’s nice, does the job, after you have to wipe all the mascara off from your eyelid, but nothing too crazy.
Makes your lashes longer....like most mascara lol....