Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.3

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Why did Maybelline make this a SCENTED mascara? The coconut fragrance burns my eyes :(

Otherwise I'd say its an average formula. A bit dry but gives subtle everyday volume and lashes feel soft. One coat gives fast feathery looking separated lashes - pretty for a natural everyday look. Doesn't create a curl. Thick traditional brush. Doesn't build well. I like the look of the first coat but two coats looks spidery and clumps lashes in weird directions. I think its because the brush is too thick to separate lashes and the formula dries so fast I can't use a lash comb to fix it. Also I found the brush hard to get to the base of lashes so I got that annoying colour "gap".

on 8/8/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara I have had in for a long while. This review is for the waterproof one. In the mint tube not the pink. Very dark. Thick lashes and some length. I use Lancôme cils primer before application and the results are awesome. I look like I’m wearing false pretty type lash. But no just this mascara. I am going back to college soon. Testing out all my new makeup now so I know how everything will be before school. I’m enjoying this. I think it cost $7 and change from Walmart.

on 7/30/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does give length and volume. It does crumble off as the day wears on, especially if you over apply. The brush is awkward to use imo unless you like big brushes. Will not repurchase.

on 5/25/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Loved the brush and packaging. So happy it's in a smaller tube. Did notice a slight fragrance but it wasn't overwhelming. Gives lashes a lift and adds volume and boost to the lashes yet easily removes with cleansing oil. But next morning it took hours before I could open my eyes they were that swollen! So not great for sensitive eyes mwa mwa....

on 3/28/2018 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like it. I usually buy high end mascaras but decided to try some drugstores too. After all, high ends are expensive and in most cases do not do what they promise. This mascara is really good and can compete with Chanel, Dior, Lancome etc.
It gives nice volume, length, does not flake and leaves my lashes soft. I only need to avoid layering too much, as this can make my lashes stick together a bit (nothing serious though).

I will try other drugstores as well. This one gave me sufficient reason to do so.

on 3/19/2018 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hate this mascara from day 1. Maybe I got a bad tube, but if Maybelline was trying to create something similar to Loreals Lash Paradise (wands are similar texture, tubes both pink) they failed. Big time.

This is the first mascara that smudged under my eyes when I blinked, and I only had it applied to my top lashes. The wand bristles are HARD and stiff. The formula is somehow a wet, clumpy mascara, but dries super fast on your lashes, creating clumps on the lashes, and now today, I had flakes on my eyelids! I also had some of my eyelashes come off when I went in to dust some of the flakes off. Its given me spidery lashes if I try to layer it, and then it somehow makes my lashes look more sparse.

I am not a Maybelline mascara fan, and this pretty much confirms it. I have about 5 different CoverGirl mascaras in my drawer and every single one of them knocks it out of the park. I'll stick to my CG mascara and Loreals Lash Paradise as a volume topper. This stuff is going straight in the trash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it my HG, but for a drugstore product it definitely exceeded my expectations. It does what I was hoping it would do: give me the fluffy lash look without clumping and without having to apply too many coats. The brush is pretty genius. The formula smells like coconuts which is nice I guess? I gather the coconut oil is supposed to be good for my lashes. Time will tell on that one. One application lasted for a good ten hours before they started to flake and irritate my eyes a little bit. That's good performance on a drugstore brand. I would definitely buy again, if I don't find my mascara true love before I run out of this.

I think it's kind of hilarious how the ad copy all says this mascara is addictive though. I find mascara to be a 'pointy stick near the eye' kind of experience that I would only repeat because it makes my eyes look bigger. Not addictive, as a general rule. It's like some ad executive noticed people intensely trying to even out their mascara and thought to himself: 'they're really into it. Must be addictive.' LOL

on 2/17/2018 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty average mascara, I've had better, and I've had worse. If you are a fan of more natural looking lashes this is a good choice. It does not add much in terms of length or volume, but it does add some. I think it add more length than both Clinique High Impact, and MUFE Excessive lash, but is less dramatic than L'Oreal Voluminous. This does give lashes a decent amount of extra length, but again nothing over the top. I found that this washes off better than Voluminous, and I did not need to follow with micellar water after washing.