Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.0

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

After hearing Maybelline mascaras get raved about, I decided to try this one. I think the nude packaging is super pretty and it doesn’t feel too cheap. The way it makes my lashes look is nice, especially on the top lashes, but it does work on the bottom ones too, you’ve just got to be careful not to overdo it. It gives them length and makes me look like they’re naturally long (and mine aren’t), but this particular mascara has a habit of transferring from my lashes to underneath my eyes or leaving small dots of black right near my eyes. In a pinch or rush, this mascara won’t behave as I have to rub at my eyes to get the smudging away and that’s why I won’t be repurchasing. It looks amazing on my lashes but I hate the smudging/transferring issue.

on 8/1/2018 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This mascara is ok. I don’t like the huge wands because it holds too much product so I end up having to scrape it off in the tube. I think it does a nice job with adding volume to lashes but does not separate or provide much length. I’ve experienced flaking and it always ends up getting in my eye. Packaging and name are cute, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara should be called 'Total Transformation' instead of Total Temptation. So here's why...you purchase the mascara and use it and totally love your lashes. It does everything that it promises to do and you're thinking you have finally found your holy grail. Then after about 5 weeks - BOOM!! Total Transformation...and not in a good way. Overnight, this mascara's formulation transforms into this thick, gooey, clumpy, sticky, blob of gunk that is the most horrible looking crap you have ever put on your lashes. It clumps, flakes, and pulls down your lashes so much so that any amount of curling prior to applying is useless. Your lashes are on a downward slope and it looks horrible - the only thing to do is to wash it off, throw out the tube, and never purchase it again. It's like the Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde of mascaras. Great for a few weeks and then - omg, what in the world is this crap on my lashes!?! Because of that total transformation I can only give this mascara a rating of 1 lippie, it was great at first but yuck after a few weeks. And I am ALWAYS very careful with my mascara, I keep my thumb on the mascara tube opening while I am applying so that no excess "air" gets into the tube to dry out the formula so this mascara's transformation was NOT because it dried out. No, it's something else and I'm not wasting my money on another tube to find out.
Oh well - still on my quest for a holy grail :)

on 5/9/2018 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this. At first I was underwhelmed but I think it needed to evaporate a bit. You know how most mascaras are better a week after you get themy? This gives me where eyelashes in 1 coat because of the thick formula. It takes a long time to dry if you accidentally smudge on your skin. I had a spot on my concealed undereye that was not dry when I tried to flick it off. Other mascaras would have been dry but not this one. I did not take a lippy off because this is black as soot and I love this formula. Pretty much never gonna purchase a high end mascara again because there is no need whatsoever. And I normally layer 2 or more mascaras. With this I do 2 coats and am done.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara! I don’t have super long lashes and this mascara substantially lengthens them quite a bit! By far the best I’ve tried. I think the price is cheap for a great product! I agree it’s a bit wet, so I’ll put a few coats and do a few curls in my hair and then add another few coats. Packaging is pretty too! Hope they never discontinue this.