Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.9

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 12/8/2018 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara is a clumpy mess, It didn’t give me much volume or length! It’s quite messy to apply as it feels almost oily! The packaging is cute though!

on 9/24/2018 11:40:00 PM

This mascara makes my lashes longer and helps them stay up throughout the day, thus making me look more awake. Although this product is mostly good, it does get all over the bottom of my eyes and crumbles by about 3. So, it lasts about 9 hours for me but that's not my whole day. My top lashes last way longer than my bottom ones do. The pigment is very true, so it goes on very dark and stays dark the whole day.

on 8/25/2018 2:11:00 PM

I liked the way that this mascara made my lashes look but the one problem I have with it is that it flaked and rubbed off like crazy after a few hours. By the end of the work day my under eyes were so dark from this having smudged off. I do have oily skin, even around my eyes, so I think that might have something to do with it, but I'm going to pass on this in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I really like this mascara. It's definitely an impact mascara. The formula is uber black, rich & thick & creamy. It's a volume mascara but not a lengthening one. The only thing I've got against it, is that it's hard to build up layers & stings a little when it gets in my eyes.

on 4/23/2018 7:47:00 AM

I picked this up because the store did not have my usual Full & Soft mascara. I'm very impressed, it goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look thicker and longer without excessive coats and doesn't flake. This is one of the best drug store mascaras I've tried. Will definitely buy again.

on 3/28/2018 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Love, love, love this drugstore mascara. I've tried them all and this is by far the best!

on 3/9/2018 1:49:00 PM

Over the last few years, I see that drugstore offers fantastic alternatives to high end brands and I’ve decided to not buy high end mascara anymore. This is an excellent drugstore one and among my absolute favourites from Maybelline. It comes in a pretty millenium pink tube and smells lovely. I’m not fond of plastic/rubber brushes and this has a great brush. It’s not a wet formula that gives you three lashes and spider legs. I like it both over lash primer as one coat or two coats without primer. It doesn’t clump with two coats, has good separation, covers all lashes and lengthens very nicely. I get no flakes or smudges and it removes easily with waterproof mascara remover. I like this much better than Chanel Le Volume and Better Than Sex Mascara and anything Benefit.

Overall I like it.

It doesn't separate lashes but it doesn't clump them up something fierce like I've had some mascaras. These make my lashes look fanned out, fluffy and full. There's added volume which I want. Teeny tiny bit of added length but I always use a separate mascara for that.

It's a great everyday mascara. If it held a curl and lengthened, it'd be HG status. But for what it is, it's pretty good.

I love this mascara!!!! It fans out my lashes perfectly with one coat, no clumps! Two coats and it adds just the right amount of drama for me.

My only complaint would be it smudges after a days wear (12 hours +) and if you get it on your skin while applying it is very difficult to remove. I usually wait for the mascara to dry on my skin then flake it off with a clean spoolie but this mascara does not flake easily off the skin.

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)