Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

2.9

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is the worst product that Maybelline ever had in it’s line of mascara’s.I ran out of my usual Rimmel and I saw a review of total temptation on IG and decided to give it a try. I purchased it from Ebay and I was extremely disappointed. It doesn’t extend your lashes nor does it make them fuller, it clumps and is extremely difficult to remove. I will never purchase it again!

on 10/25/2018 5:42:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used because it MELTS off your lashes if you blowdry your hair after applying. Unless I change my routine, I end up with short straight melted lashes. Going in the bin.

on 8/9/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: OMG the review lower only applies for the first 2 weeks when it's super wet but after it dries just a bit it's THE BOMB. Great effortless volume, keeps a curl and feels very soft and light on the lashes and comes off easily with water and face wash. I love it so much!!

I kinda like this mascara for 2 things. It doesn't clump, it separates alright and it's incredibly soft, flexible and comfortable on the lashes, I don't even feel it. What I don't like is that I have to build it up too much time to get the desired volume. Best way to do that is to let the first layer dry and then build up another layer, if you try putting on multiple layers while it's still wet it simply will not stick. Also I don't like that it's not particularly lengthening. It's alright but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this mascara. It gives me much thicker, darker eyelashes and the coconut oil seems wonderful for conditioning lashes. I've actually noticed my lashes look naturally slightly thicker when I first started using it. It is excellent for making eyes really stand out. I personally really like the colour and shape of the packaging. However, you have to be careful when applying because it can easily get messy.

on 2/17/2018 6:20:00 AM

This is a pretty good drugstore mascara. It's very black, the lashes stood out and it provided length. A coworker commented "what kind of mascara do you have on?" And this is from someone who doesn't normally do this. I then went in the restroom and took a good look again and thought "wow, they do look good!" The formula seems different from other Maybelline mascaras - so give it a try and see if you like it!

on 1/31/2018 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this! I love big fluffy mascara brushes. This was an exception. It made my lashes look like stubby clumped up twigs ): The packaging is pretty, and it does smell nice, but I definitley won't be repurchasing. You can barely get one coat without it clumping up on you. It takes sooo long to dry and it's messy as well. I usually love maybelline mascaras but this was by far the worst one I've tried.

on 1/22/2018 4:50:00 PM

i have had this less than a week and already the mascara is clumping on the brush and getting difficult to work with. will not repurchase.

I don't like this mascara, I did at first a little. I thought it was going to be better. The formula is very thin and extremely dry, so it doesn't coat lashes well. The ideal formula is thick and wet for it to really coat lashes. It doesn't stick to lashes well because it's do dry, and because it's thin you get a very small amount of product on the wand.
Its good for a super natural look, you need MANY layers to get dramatic or just visible lashes ( if you don't naturally have thick lashes.) I personally don't want to have to use layer after layer of mascara, it's not convenient, time consuming, and starts to look cakey. I prefer Loreal lash paradise because I only need one coat with it.
I find it weird that this product is flammable, most mascaras aren't. It does leave lashes nice and soft though. It's so dry already so it dries out so bad after a week you can hardly get any out.