Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/14/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update: I've been using this mascara regularly for the last two weeks and I had to change my review and bump it up 3 lippies. I found that patience and curling my lashes one eye at a time makes all the difference. This is definitely a keeper for me! It's a volumizing mascara, so if you're looking for length, try Lash Sensational instead. I really like the brush and the formula itself works well on me. It has coconut oil in it, which I like because of the scent and it conditions my lashes. It's nice and pigmented, doesn't clump easily and doesn't flake or smudge. It's definitely a keeper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy but I'm not thrilled. It's a big brush so it's a bit sloppy to apply, however once applied lashes look pretty and feathery. But then the deal breaker sets in: it's too wet and takes forever to dry, lashes start to go limp and the mascara seems to wilt and disappear. This is one of those mascaras that looks nice for the first few minutes and then looks like you're hardly wearing mascara by the end of the day. Returning it.

on 1/3/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I hate to be the first to review a mascara; opinions are so varied, depending on your needs/preferences. I have long, pretty full lashes, so I’m after a dark, feathery look with NO CLUMPS. I like Maybelline Full ‘n’ Soft, Prestige My Biggest Lashes and the L’Oréal tubing one.

I was attracted to this because it was new and had a traditional bristle brush (no love here for rubber, spiky brushes.) According to the website, this is supposed to have a tempting fragrance; I hadn’t noticed that. I’m glad that I haden’t read the copy on this- the idea of a scented mascara would have irritated me.

This is a good, not great mascara.

Good because: It’s quite black, did not leave under eye circles and lengthened nicely. Not tons of volume, but for me, volume = clumps.

Not great because: Some clumping-I had to use a metal lash comb. Also, I think Full ‘n’ Soft is already a better product, and this one is redundant. I don’t dislike it, but wouldn’t seek it out again. I’m curious to see what others think-

Video Reviews & Tutorials