Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.1

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

After hearing Maybelline mascaras get raved about, I decided to try this one. I think the nude packaging is super pretty and it doesn’t feel too cheap. The way it makes my lashes look is nice, especially on the top lashes, but it does work on the bottom ones too, you’ve just got to be careful not to overdo it. It gives them length and makes me look like they’re naturally long (and mine aren’t), but this particular mascara has a habit of transferring from my lashes to underneath my eyes or leaving small dots of black right near my eyes. In a pinch or rush, this mascara won’t behave as I have to rub at my eyes to get the smudging away and that’s why I won’t be repurchasing. It looks amazing on my lashes but I hate the smudging/transferring issue.

on 10/25/2018 5:42:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used because it MELTS off your lashes if you blowdry your hair after applying. Unless I change my routine, I end up with short straight melted lashes. Going in the bin.

on 8/25/2018 2:11:00 PM

I liked the way that this mascara made my lashes look but the one problem I have with it is that it flaked and rubbed off like crazy after a few hours. By the end of the work day my under eyes were so dark from this having smudged off. I do have oily skin, even around my eyes, so I think that might have something to do with it, but I'm going to pass on this in the future.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Why did Maybelline make this a SCENTED mascara? The coconut fragrance burns my eyes :(

Otherwise I'd say its an average formula. A bit dry but gives subtle everyday volume and lashes feel soft. One coat gives fast feathery looking separated lashes - pretty for a natural everyday look. Doesn't create a curl. Thick traditional brush. Doesn't build well. I like the look of the first coat but two coats looks spidery and clumps lashes in weird directions. I think its because the brush is too thick to separate lashes and the formula dries so fast I can't use a lash comb to fix it. Also I found the brush hard to get to the base of lashes so I got that annoying colour "gap".

on 5/25/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Loved the brush and packaging. So happy it's in a smaller tube. Did notice a slight fragrance but it wasn't overwhelming. Gives lashes a lift and adds volume and boost to the lashes yet easily removes with cleansing oil. But next morning it took hours before I could open my eyes they were that swollen! So not great for sensitive eyes mwa mwa....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara! it doesn't seem to clump on my relatively short stumpy eyelashes. It gives my poor little eyelashes a bit of a boost so they look so much longer then they actually are.

on 4/9/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Another average mascara from Maybelline. It gives decent length and thickness if you can get past the very wey, sticky formula. It goes on pretty clumpy so have your lash comb ready! I'm also not impressed with the fragrance in this mascara; talk about unnecessary! Those who are fragrance sensitive beware! I would not repurchase.

on 3/19/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not bad. Pros no flaking or smudging and easy to remove. I will finish up the tube I purchased a week or so ago however I will not purchase again. I’ll be returning to my HG Full N Soft. This mascara reminds me a bit of it however I get more volume and length with the Full N Soft.

Overall I like it.

It doesn't separate lashes but it doesn't clump them up something fierce like I've had some mascaras. These make my lashes look fanned out, fluffy and full. There's added volume which I want. Teeny tiny bit of added length but I always use a separate mascara for that.

It's a great everyday mascara. If it held a curl and lengthened, it'd be HG status. But for what it is, it's pretty good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it my HG, but for a drugstore product it definitely exceeded my expectations. It does what I was hoping it would do: give me the fluffy lash look without clumping and without having to apply too many coats. The brush is pretty genius. The formula smells like coconuts which is nice I guess? I gather the coconut oil is supposed to be good for my lashes. Time will tell on that one. One application lasted for a good ten hours before they started to flake and irritate my eyes a little bit. That's good performance on a drugstore brand. I would definitely buy again, if I don't find my mascara true love before I run out of this.

I think it's kind of hilarious how the ad copy all says this mascara is addictive though. I find mascara to be a 'pointy stick near the eye' kind of experience that I would only repeat because it makes my eyes look bigger. Not addictive, as a general rule. It's like some ad executive noticed people intensely trying to even out their mascara and thought to himself: 'they're really into it. Must be addictive.' LOL