Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

2.5

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 5/3/2018 11:16:00 PM

THIS COMMENT WAS ERASER 2 TIMES FROM MAYBELLINE'S WEBSITE, BE CAREFUL:". Why did you erase my last review?
I wrote this a couple of days ago, with a 1 star rating: "Irritates the eyes I would have love this if it didn't have the coconut scent. Why would you put fragrance on an eye product??? I can't wear it without getting my eyes red and watery. Please take the scent off!" and you responded this: "Hello! We are sorry to hear that you had a sensitivity to this product. We take this very seriously and would like to help! Please give us a call at 800-944-0730 and provide reference #04469692. We look forward to assisting you." First of, you erase my review that was already revised and uploaded. Second, you can see the country I'm writing from, PerĂº, so you know I can't "call at 800-944-0730" as you suggested for assistance. So you just want to nobody read that it IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR SENSITIVE EYES. Good work Maybelline."

on 1/5/2018 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So recently mascara has been a real impulse purchase for me. I am enjoying Full and Soft, a mascara new to me which I really appreciate, but find oddly hard to remove from my lashes. As I had hoped, the effect here is the same, creating a natural yet dramatic fringe effect which I like for daily use, but Total Temptation, for me is much easier to remove with jojoba oil as I am not comfortable using soapy water by my eyes to remove makeup.

Although it may not be a mascara for those looking for a single swipe experience, I did enjoy cleaning the brush from a tremendous amount of overflow product and then quickly combing through my lashes with quick multiple strokes to create more - more lashes, volume and length for daily needs without giving me spidery lashes - for me when the product clumps to each lash in a way that makes them look clumpy - almost hairy like hairy spider legs - an issue I get if I abuse the build-ability of say, some L'oreal mascaras.

It is worth noting that I did have minimal smearing and flaking, something I may just need to get used to as I add so much beauty oil to my face in the winter to make my dry, fragile eczema - prone skin less sensitive and irritated feeling. Lashes should ideally be clean and free of oils for the mascara to apply properly but oil from my face will migrate to the lashes creating minor problems I can't seem to escape, even if it is left over from the night before. It helps to add a tubing mascara on top the Total Temptation, sticking everything together to lessen fall-out. I have also come to the conclusion that if I insist on a chunky-clump free look I will simply wait until dry and brush minor clumps away with a clean spoolie. I do in fact think that brushing through dry lashes really allows one to create the sunburst pattern most disable to lashes.

All in all, I think that Total Temptation will give my consistently good experiences, something that I have issues with the L'oreal mascara that I have tried with some great and some not so good mascara days. The tube feels nice in my hand and the brush is fine, not too big to get close to my eyes. I did notice a vanilla smell that I don't hate but can do without as scents can often equal chemicals and in general a scented mascara seems kind of desperate that I did not expect much when I noticed the scented aspect to this product.

All in all I am happy to use and keep. I do wish they did not scent it, but I will continue to wear this mascara. I will update if anything changes as this mascara is new and I don't know how it will age, only time will tell.

Video Reviews & Tutorials