3.2

$10.49 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

12 days ago

I wanted to love this since it’s the same as the full and soft. But I just can’t because it smudges. It does everything else a mascara should do except it also smudges! I’ve tried all sorts of powders under my eyes and nothing works.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

a month ago

I most consistently use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, but occasionally try different brands/formulas, and this was a recent try. It is perfectly fine and does what one would want mascara to do: darkens lashes, adds volume and slight curl. It is also easy to remove with micellar water. What I dislike is the brush, which I find too fat to hold and makes for a less precise application. It also does very little in terms of lengthening and the product dried out rather quickly so overall it is not something I would buy again.

About reviewer (359 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

2 months ago

Generally, I like this mascara. It gives volume but with a softer, natural look, which I like for everyday. My issue is that I wear glasses and this mascara smudges on my glasses.. I've tried the waterproof version and it doesn't do that. Overall, I like the product but just difficult to wear on an everyday basis to work.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

2 months ago

If I could give this 2.5 stars, I would. It's not awful, but really is NOT great either. I got this mascara as part of a Target beauty box and had high hopes for it, as I like a volumizing formula and Maybelline has a good track record. This gives some volume, but is so prone to clumping that it clumps even when you've wiped down the brush! (How does that even happen?!) Also, it seems like it takes a while to set and tends to transfer easily all over. The brush applies excess to your lids when you're trying to get at the lash root. It's just a very messy mascara even though once it's on, it stays on until you wash it off. (I am oily and a lot of formulas give me Panda eyes: looking at you, Essence Lash Princess!) The rich black color is good, but what is up with the fragrance? Who puts fragrance in mascara?!! It has a noticeable scent not unlike Maybelline lipsticks. With all the impressive drugstore options out there, you can do better.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 months ago

Received this mascara free with purchase. I've been branching out trying new options and so far, few compare to Thrive's Liquid Lash but about this mascara... I've been using for months before I realized it makes my eyes red every time I wear it. I don't wear mascara daily, only on the weekends really so it took a bit to connect the dots. The brush also picks up a lot of product so I end up cleaning it off on the tube quite a bit and it still tends to clump on my lashes. I have to clean up under my lids with a qtip, and on my lids as well. It's pretty messy though it dries quickly. I don't like waterproof mascara so I only tried the regular option.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 months ago

My high-end mascara was irritating my eyes, and I decided to grab a new mascara while I was at the drugstore buying allergy eye drops. I picked this up in kind of a hurry, and nearly returned it after reading the reviews. But I like this! It gives a more natural long-and-thick look, but that’s what I want. It also survived a hot and humid day with virtually no smearing or flaking. And it doesn’t irritate my eyes. Maybe I simply got a good tube, but I’ll buy it again.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

6 months ago

It's an ok mascara but I wouldn't repurchase as has more of a natural look

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

6 months ago

I figured I’d try this mascara since it had a brown shade, and actual brown (not black brown) mascaras are hard to find at the drugstore. I’m not a fan but it’s okay, I’d even go as far as to say it’s growing on me. The color (I bought ‘deep cocoa’) is what I’d consider a standard brown mascara shade. The wand is tapered with a slightly pointy end, which means it tends to get a buildup of product at the tip, even after I wipe off the excess it still tends to apply thicker on the inner lashes which isn’t preferable. The formula is wetter than I’m used to, so I find it’s alright for when I want a more dramatic look as it kind of sticks my lashes together a bit more than drier formulas tend to. Since I do prefer a fluffier and more natural look most days I don’t plan on buying this again. But since I don’t like spending money on makeup I’m still using it but just brushing through it with a clean l’oreal voluminous brush afterwards. Now that I’m getting the hang of applying it it’s not bad, and I think it has the potential to improve as it dries out a bit lol. Additionally, the tube is unnecessarily huge. It’s cute, I like how the plastic feels, and I like how when you close it the darker edge of the tube always lines up perfectly, I find it very satisfying. But why is it so big? I like to store my mascaras and liners in a cup and this jerk doesn’t fit, it sucks to travel with too with how much space it takes up. It came in a box and I expected it to be smaller!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

1.0
from

7 months ago

Urgh, I rarely give negative reviews but this stuff is horrible. I've bought $3 Daiso mascaras that are ten times better than this! The formula is totally clumpy and very wet. The end of the brush that touches your eyelashes is so flimsy and the bristles sparse that it's almost impossible to get any mascara on your actual eyelashes. I persisted for a week before rinsing the brush and using it to tame my eyebrows instead. Will most definitely not repurchase this one. Thankfully it wasn't too expensive.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

7 months ago

For quite some time this used to be my favorite drugstore mascara. Even today, it still is so much better than some of the high-end "volumizing" formulas out there. This mascara felt quite creamy and fresh for a very long time; it did a beautiful job at defining and making my lashes look fuller/blacker. It would work even better on someone, who's got naturally nice lashes. But personally speaking - I did find a better alternative over time. I do talk about some of the bestselling volumizing mascaras in a separate review here, for those of you interested (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/07/27/Battle-Of-The-Mascaras-Best-Worst-July-2019) Hope it helps!

About reviewer (553 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral