Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara

3.6

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 5/9/2018 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this. At first I was underwhelmed but I think it needed to evaporate a bit. You know how most mascaras are better a week after you get themy? This gives me where eyelashes in 1 coat because of the thick formula. It takes a long time to dry if you accidentally smudge on your skin. I had a spot on my concealed undereye that was not dry when I tried to flick it off. Other mascaras would have been dry but not this one. I did not take a lippy off because this is black as soot and I love this formula. Pretty much never gonna purchase a high end mascara again because there is no need whatsoever. And I normally layer 2 or more mascaras. With this I do 2 coats and am done.

on 5/3/2018 11:16:00 PM

THIS COMMENT WAS ERASER 2 TIMES FROM MAYBELLINE'S WEBSITE, BE CAREFUL:". Why did you erase my last review?
I wrote this a couple of days ago, with a 1 star rating: "Irritates the eyes I would have love this if it didn't have the coconut scent. Why would you put fragrance on an eye product??? I can't wear it without getting my eyes red and watery. Please take the scent off!" and you responded this: "Hello! We are sorry to hear that you had a sensitivity to this product. We take this very seriously and would like to help! Please give us a call at 800-944-0730 and provide reference #04469692. We look forward to assisting you." First of, you erase my review that was already revised and uploaded. Second, you can see the country I'm writing from, Perú, so you know I can't "call at 800-944-0730" as you suggested for assistance. So you just want to nobody read that it IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR SENSITIVE EYES. Good work Maybelline."

I love this mascara! I love the wand, it doesn't flake, and it's easy to remove. The only bummer is that my tube seemed to try out fast but I will definitely repurchase. I love how full and fluffy this mascara makes my lashes look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara! it doesn't seem to clump on my relatively short stumpy eyelashes. It gives my poor little eyelashes a bit of a boost so they look so much longer then they actually are.

on 4/23/2018 7:47:00 AM

I picked this up because the store did not have my usual Full & Soft mascara. I'm very impressed, it goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look thicker and longer without excessive coats and doesn't flake. This is one of the best drug store mascaras I've tried. Will definitely buy again.

on 4/9/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Another average mascara from Maybelline. It gives decent length and thickness if you can get past the very wey, sticky formula. It goes on pretty clumpy so have your lash comb ready! I'm also not impressed with the fragrance in this mascara; talk about unnecessary! Those who are fragrance sensitive beware! I would not repurchase.

on 3/29/2018 10:48:00 AM

Out of all the mascaras that have been hyped up, this is on that is not worth it, at all.

Of all the Maybelline Mascaras, this one is just as basic and generic.
It smears so easily after you apply it, the formula is always TOO oily/wet. The coconut water most likely makes it even more disappointing.
The huge applicator doesn’t help either, it gets all over your eyelids.

This isn’t anything special, hence 3 stars.
It’s nice, does the job, after you have to wipe all the mascara off from your eyelid, but nothing too crazy.
Makes your lashes longer....like most mascara lol....

on 3/28/2018 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Love, love, love this drugstore mascara. I've tried them all and this is by far the best!

on 3/28/2018 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like it. I usually buy high end mascaras but decided to try some drugstores too. After all, high ends are expensive and in most cases do not do what they promise. This mascara is really good and can compete with Chanel, Dior, Lancome etc.
It gives nice volume, length, does not flake and leaves my lashes soft. I only need to avoid layering too much, as this can make my lashes stick together a bit (nothing serious though).

I will try other drugstores as well. This one gave me sufficient reason to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this mascara. I like the cute tube, and that the brush is very big. I like the formula, I don't see little black flecks on my eyes or cheeks at the end of the day. I don't notice any intense clumping, but there can be some if I'm not careful, but I notice that with most mascaras when I put too many coats on. I find my mascara goes on more smoothly if I let it warm up before I apply it, i just stick the tube in my cleavage while I'm doing the rest of my makeup and it's all set to go when I need it.

Some people said that it smells like coconut, and there is a scent but I find it pretty subtle. The only downside is that it is harder to remove when I get it on my face, I can't scrape it off as easily, but it comes off fine at night with micellar water.

Edit: I think that this mascara might be irritating my eyes. I recently tried a dermatologist approved mascara and my eyes didn't itch, but when I went back to this mascara they did. Not sure if this is because of Total Temptations, or mascara in general. I'm keeping the rating the same for this reason. Who knows, maybe I just have weird eye balls.