Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 8/9/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: OMG the review lower only applies for the first 2 weeks when it's super wet but after it dries just a bit it's THE BOMB. Great effortless volume, keeps a curl and feels very soft and light on the lashes and comes off easily with water and face wash. I love it so much!!

I kinda like this mascara for 2 things. It doesn't clump, it separates alright and it's incredibly soft, flexible and comfortable on the lashes, I don't even feel it. What I don't like is that I have to build it up too much time to get the desired volume. Best way to do that is to let the first layer dry and then build up another layer, if you try putting on multiple layers while it's still wet it simply will not stick. Also I don't like that it's not particularly lengthening. It's alright but I won't be repurchasing.

on 8/8/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara I have had in for a long while. This review is for the waterproof one. In the mint tube not the pink. Very dark. Thick lashes and some length. I use Lancôme cils primer before application and the results are awesome. I look like I’m wearing false pretty type lash. But no just this mascara. I am going back to college soon. Testing out all my new makeup now so I know how everything will be before school. I’m enjoying this. I think it cost $7 and change from Walmart.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

on 5/9/2018 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this. At first I was underwhelmed but I think it needed to evaporate a bit. You know how most mascaras are better a week after you get themy? This gives me where eyelashes in 1 coat because of the thick formula. It takes a long time to dry if you accidentally smudge on your skin. I had a spot on my concealed undereye that was not dry when I tried to flick it off. Other mascaras would have been dry but not this one. I did not take a lippy off because this is black as soot and I love this formula. Pretty much never gonna purchase a high end mascara again because there is no need whatsoever. And I normally layer 2 or more mascaras. With this I do 2 coats and am done.

I love this mascara! I love the wand, it doesn't flake, and it's easy to remove. The only bummer is that my tube seemed to try out fast but I will definitely repurchase. I love how full and fluffy this mascara makes my lashes look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara! it doesn't seem to clump on my relatively short stumpy eyelashes. It gives my poor little eyelashes a bit of a boost so they look so much longer then they actually are.

on 4/23/2018 7:47:00 AM

I picked this up because the store did not have my usual Full & Soft mascara. I'm very impressed, it goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look thicker and longer without excessive coats and doesn't flake. This is one of the best drug store mascaras I've tried. Will definitely buy again.

on 3/28/2018 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Love, love, love this drugstore mascara. I've tried them all and this is by far the best!

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)

on 2/24/2018 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am surprised by any low reviews of this mascara, but I understand everyone's lashes are different. I have tiny, thin lashes and have tried a lot of drugstore mascaras, and until now my favorite has been L'oreal Voluminous even though it clumps a lot. I got a free sample of Benefit Roller Lash, and I loved it but prefer not to spend that much for mascara.
Total temptation adds length and fullness to my lashes without the clumps. It goes on so smoothly and is easy to build; even after a couple of coats I don't get any clumps, and my lashes are actually noticeable! I also didn't experience any flaking or smudging, even after a long day's wear.
I have sensitive, watery eyes and it doesn't bother them at all. As far as fragrance goes, I only noticed it slightly as I was applying it, and then it was gone.
My Ulta had it for $9.99 and it was buy one, get one half off.
This one is a winner!!!