Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is the worst product that Maybelline ever had in it’s line of mascara’s.I ran out of my usual Rimmel and I saw a review of total temptation on IG and decided to give it a try. I purchased it from Ebay and I was extremely disappointed. It doesn’t extend your lashes nor does it make them fuller, it clumps and is extremely difficult to remove. I will never purchase it again!

on 10/25/2018 5:42:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used because it MELTS off your lashes if you blowdry your hair after applying. Unless I change my routine, I end up with short straight melted lashes. Going in the bin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Why did Maybelline make this a SCENTED mascara? The coconut fragrance burns my eyes :(

Otherwise I'd say its an average formula. A bit dry but gives subtle everyday volume and lashes feel soft. One coat gives fast feathery looking separated lashes - pretty for a natural everyday look. Doesn't create a curl. Thick traditional brush. Doesn't build well. I like the look of the first coat but two coats looks spidery and clumps lashes in weird directions. I think its because the brush is too thick to separate lashes and the formula dries so fast I can't use a lash comb to fix it. Also I found the brush hard to get to the base of lashes so I got that annoying colour "gap".

on 6/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara should be called 'Total Transformation' instead of Total Temptation. So here's why...you purchase the mascara and use it and totally love your lashes. It does everything that it promises to do and you're thinking you have finally found your holy grail. Then after about 5 weeks - BOOM!! Total Transformation...and not in a good way. Overnight, this mascara's formulation transforms into this thick, gooey, clumpy, sticky, blob of gunk that is the most horrible looking crap you have ever put on your lashes. It clumps, flakes, and pulls down your lashes so much so that any amount of curling prior to applying is useless. Your lashes are on a downward slope and it looks horrible - the only thing to do is to wash it off, throw out the tube, and never purchase it again. It's like the Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde of mascaras. Great for a few weeks and then - omg, what in the world is this crap on my lashes!?! Because of that total transformation I can only give this mascara a rating of 1 lippie, it was great at first but yuck after a few weeks. And I am ALWAYS very careful with my mascara, I keep my thumb on the mascara tube opening while I am applying so that no excess "air" gets into the tube to dry out the formula so this mascara's transformation was NOT because it dried out. No, it's something else and I'm not wasting my money on another tube to find out.
Oh well - still on my quest for a holy grail :)

on 5/3/2018 11:16:00 PM

THIS COMMENT WAS ERASER 2 TIMES FROM MAYBELLINE'S WEBSITE, BE CAREFUL:". Why did you erase my last review?
I wrote this a couple of days ago, with a 1 star rating: "Irritates the eyes I would have love this if it didn't have the coconut scent. Why would you put fragrance on an eye product??? I can't wear it without getting my eyes red and watery. Please take the scent off!" and you responded this: "Hello! We are sorry to hear that you had a sensitivity to this product. We take this very seriously and would like to help! Please give us a call at 800-944-0730 and provide reference #04469692. We look forward to assisting you." First of, you erase my review that was already revised and uploaded. Second, you can see the country I'm writing from, Perú, so you know I can't "call at 800-944-0730" as you suggested for assistance. So you just want to nobody read that it IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR SENSITIVE EYES. Good work Maybelline."

on 3/19/2018 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hate this mascara from day 1. Maybe I got a bad tube, but if Maybelline was trying to create something similar to Loreals Lash Paradise (wands are similar texture, tubes both pink) they failed. Big time.

This is the first mascara that smudged under my eyes when I blinked, and I only had it applied to my top lashes. The wand bristles are HARD and stiff. The formula is somehow a wet, clumpy mascara, but dries super fast on your lashes, creating clumps on the lashes, and now today, I had flakes on my eyelids! I also had some of my eyelashes come off when I went in to dust some of the flakes off. Its given me spidery lashes if I try to layer it, and then it somehow makes my lashes look more sparse.

I am not a Maybelline mascara fan, and this pretty much confirms it. I have about 5 different CoverGirl mascaras in my drawer and every single one of them knocks it out of the park. I'll stick to my CG mascara and Loreals Lash Paradise as a volume topper. This stuff is going straight in the trash.

on 2/12/2018 7:31:00 PM

Why would someone EVER make a mascara with fragrance? Why?! The product itself-wet and messy. The perfumey odor is so off putting that I would never use it again even if it was a good product. This irritated my eyes and the fragrance does not fade. Waste of $9.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

After hearing Maybelline mascaras get raved about, I decided to try this one. I think the nude packaging is super pretty and it doesn’t feel too cheap. The way it makes my lashes look is nice, especially on the top lashes, but it does work on the bottom ones too, you’ve just got to be careful not to overdo it. It gives them length and makes me look like they’re naturally long (and mine aren’t), but this particular mascara has a habit of transferring from my lashes to underneath my eyes or leaving small dots of black right near my eyes. In a pinch or rush, this mascara won’t behave as I have to rub at my eyes to get the smudging away and that’s why I won’t be repurchasing. It looks amazing on my lashes but I hate the smudging/transferring issue.

on 12/8/2018 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara is a clumpy mess, It didn’t give me much volume or length! It’s quite messy to apply as it feels almost oily! The packaging is cute though!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i do not like this mascara it is very wet so it weigh my lashes down,it also take a very long time to dry the brush is kind of ok also if u dont like scents in your makeup then this is for you i myself dont mind it its not overpowering and wears away quiet soon after application i would not re purchase. i am still waiting for it to dry down to see if it works any better at first application i was very hopeful but after using it more than once .its a pass for me.