Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/19/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have THEE lamest lashes .. short, straight, refuse to cold a curl ... basically a nightmare for mascaras. I am constantly searching for a high performance one, and very rarely am I impressed enough to repurchase. Does this impress me? Absolutely! The formula is fantastic! Buildable. Doesn't smudge. It gives my lashes this beautiful feather look. So pretty! Price is right! $9 cdn. Give this a try! It's a good one!

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

on 6/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara should be called 'Total Transformation' instead of Total Temptation. So here's why...you purchase the mascara and use it and totally love your lashes. It does everything that it promises to do and you're thinking you have finally found your holy grail. Then after about 5 weeks - BOOM!! Total Transformation...and not in a good way. Overnight, this mascara's formulation transforms into this thick, gooey, clumpy, sticky, blob of gunk that is the most horrible looking crap you have ever put on your lashes. It clumps, flakes, and pulls down your lashes so much so that any amount of curling prior to applying is useless. Your lashes are on a downward slope and it looks horrible - the only thing to do is to wash it off, throw out the tube, and never purchase it again. It's like the Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde of mascaras. Great for a few weeks and then - omg, what in the world is this crap on my lashes!?! Because of that total transformation I can only give this mascara a rating of 1 lippie, it was great at first but yuck after a few weeks. And I am ALWAYS very careful with my mascara, I keep my thumb on the mascara tube opening while I am applying so that no excess "air" gets into the tube to dry out the formula so this mascara's transformation was NOT because it dried out. No, it's something else and I'm not wasting my money on another tube to find out.
Oh well - still on my quest for a holy grail :)

Overall I like it.

It doesn't separate lashes but it doesn't clump them up something fierce like I've had some mascaras. These make my lashes look fanned out, fluffy and full. There's added volume which I want. Teeny tiny bit of added length but I always use a separate mascara for that.

It's a great everyday mascara. If it held a curl and lengthened, it'd be HG status. But for what it is, it's pretty good.

I do enjoy Maybelline mascaras. My gripe is they tend to discontinue the ones I love. This one was a dud. This makes me rather sad, knowing this type of mascara has replaced other true favorites that were discontinued..(Volum' Express Turbo and Lash Stylist) Just a F.Y.I. a tube of Lash Stylist in waterproof (was my HG) goes for about $80.00 on EBay.
My biggest complaint on this one was it took longer to dry than any other mascara I've ever used. I just hate that feeling of my lashes being wet. Plus it clumped. Not for me, I returned it.

on 1/25/2018 8:36:00 PM

Maybelline's Full 'n Soft has always been my holy grail of mascaras but, I have to say, I'm REALLY liking this mascara as well!!!! I first heard about Maybelline's Total Temptation mascara because a YouTuber was talking about it being scented like vanilla so of course I just HAD to try it! LOL! I don't think it really smells that much like vanilla, but it doesn't smell like a nasty ear infection like a lot of mascaras do so that's a decided plus.

Overall I like the formula too, it's not so wet and heavy but it's not too dry either. It gives me a little more length, volume and drama than my Full 'n Soft so I like to use it when I'm going for a more dramatic look. One downside is that I do have to comb out a couple tiny clumps here and there with my ColourPop spoolie mascara brush, but I don't mind too much since the volume and staying power is worth it.

Overall, getting great looks and vibes with this mascara. LOVE!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy but I'm not thrilled. It's a big brush so it's a bit sloppy to apply, however once applied lashes look pretty and feathery. But then the deal breaker sets in: it's too wet and takes forever to dry, lashes start to go limp and the mascara seems to wilt and disappear. This is one of those mascaras that looks nice for the first few minutes and then looks like you're hardly wearing mascara by the end of the day. Returning it.

on 5/25/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Loved the brush and packaging. So happy it's in a smaller tube. Did notice a slight fragrance but it wasn't overwhelming. Gives lashes a lift and adds volume and boost to the lashes yet easily removes with cleansing oil. But next morning it took hours before I could open my eyes they were that swollen! So not great for sensitive eyes mwa mwa....

on 3/9/2018 1:49:00 PM

Over the last few years, I see that drugstore offers fantastic alternatives to high end brands and I’ve decided to not buy high end mascara anymore. This is an excellent drugstore one and among my absolute favourites from Maybelline. It comes in a pretty millenium pink tube and smells lovely. I’m not fond of plastic/rubber brushes and this has a great brush. It’s not a wet formula that gives you three lashes and spider legs. I like it both over lash primer as one coat or two coats without primer. It doesn’t clump with two coats, has good separation, covers all lashes and lengthens very nicely. I get no flakes or smudges and it removes easily with waterproof mascara remover. I like this much better than Chanel Le Volume and Better Than Sex Mascara and anything Benefit.