Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.7

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took a shot with this and it paid off. Formerly very happy with Falsies Big Eyes with the upper and lower brushes but it's not on the market any more and I don't like the flat brush on the new version. This does what Full n' Soft promises to do but much better - soft, unclumpy lashes but with presence which is a bit more length and volume. I love the brush which manages to get a nice coat on with one pass, lashes stay soft and easy to comb through. It also picks up all the little lashes which larger brushes can't do. This is a Three Bears product - it's just right. I would say this is very close to Dior Show with a great price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara! it doesn't seem to clump on my relatively short stumpy eyelashes. It gives my poor little eyelashes a bit of a boost so they look so much longer then they actually are.

on 3/28/2018 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Love, love, love this drugstore mascara. I've tried them all and this is by far the best!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it my HG, but for a drugstore product it definitely exceeded my expectations. It does what I was hoping it would do: give me the fluffy lash look without clumping and without having to apply too many coats. The brush is pretty genius. The formula smells like coconuts which is nice I guess? I gather the coconut oil is supposed to be good for my lashes. Time will tell on that one. One application lasted for a good ten hours before they started to flake and irritate my eyes a little bit. That's good performance on a drugstore brand. I would definitely buy again, if I don't find my mascara true love before I run out of this.

I think it's kind of hilarious how the ad copy all says this mascara is addictive though. I find mascara to be a 'pointy stick near the eye' kind of experience that I would only repeat because it makes my eyes look bigger. Not addictive, as a general rule. It's like some ad executive noticed people intensely trying to even out their mascara and thought to himself: 'they're really into it. Must be addictive.' LOL

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)

on 2/14/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update: I've been using this mascara regularly for the last two weeks and I had to change my review and bump it up 3 lippies. I found that patience and curling my lashes one eye at a time makes all the difference. This is definitely a keeper for me! It's a volumizing mascara, so if you're looking for length, try Lash Sensational instead. I really like the brush and the formula itself works well on me. It has coconut oil in it, which I like because of the scent and it conditions my lashes. It's nice and pigmented, doesn't clump easily and doesn't flake or smudge. It's definitely a keeper.

I do enjoy Maybelline mascaras. My gripe is they tend to discontinue the ones I love. This one was a dud. This makes me rather sad, knowing this type of mascara has replaced other true favorites that were discontinued..(Volum' Express Turbo and Lash Stylist) Just a F.Y.I. a tube of Lash Stylist in waterproof (was my HG) goes for about $80.00 on EBay.
My biggest complaint on this one was it took longer to dry than any other mascara I've ever used. I just hate that feeling of my lashes being wet. Plus it clumped. Not for me, I returned it.

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 AM

I bought this because I like the old school, bristle brushes but I will not repurchase. I also like a wet formula but this one is not easy to work with. It is thin in consistency and gets over worked very quickly. My lashes are long but thin/sparse. I have to remove some product from the brush or it clumps a lot when initially applied and then it seems to stick my lashes together in spikes no matter how light a swipe I use. I have not been able to get a second coat on without it making more spikes. Overall a fail for my type of lashes. There are other drugstore mascaras at a lower price that work much better.

on 1/22/2018 4:50:00 PM

i have had this less than a week and already the mascara is clumping on the brush and getting difficult to work with. will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy but I'm not thrilled. It's a big brush so it's a bit sloppy to apply, however once applied lashes look pretty and feathery. But then the deal breaker sets in: it's too wet and takes forever to dry, lashes start to go limp and the mascara seems to wilt and disappear. This is one of those mascaras that looks nice for the first few minutes and then looks like you're hardly wearing mascara by the end of the day. Returning it.