Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.1

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 12/8/2018 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara is a clumpy mess, It didn’t give me much volume or length! It’s quite messy to apply as it feels almost oily! The packaging is cute though!

on 8/25/2018 2:11:00 PM

I liked the way that this mascara made my lashes look but the one problem I have with it is that it flaked and rubbed off like crazy after a few hours. By the end of the work day my under eyes were so dark from this having smudged off. I do have oily skin, even around my eyes, so I think that might have something to do with it, but I'm going to pass on this in the future.

on 8/9/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: OMG the review lower only applies for the first 2 weeks when it's super wet but after it dries just a bit it's THE BOMB. Great effortless volume, keeps a curl and feels very soft and light on the lashes and comes off easily with water and face wash. I love it so much!!

I kinda like this mascara for 2 things. It doesn't clump, it separates alright and it's incredibly soft, flexible and comfortable on the lashes, I don't even feel it. What I don't like is that I have to build it up too much time to get the desired volume. Best way to do that is to let the first layer dry and then build up another layer, if you try putting on multiple layers while it's still wet it simply will not stick. Also I don't like that it's not particularly lengthening. It's alright but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the better options for drugstore mascara forsureeeee! It’s nice, creamy, smells good, allows you to layer multiple coats and did not flake on me. Makes your lashes look pretty. Nice job maybelline!

on 5/3/2018 11:16:00 PM

THIS COMMENT WAS ERASER 2 TIMES FROM MAYBELLINE'S WEBSITE, BE CAREFUL:". Why did you erase my last review?
I wrote this a couple of days ago, with a 1 star rating: "Irritates the eyes I would have love this if it didn't have the coconut scent. Why would you put fragrance on an eye product??? I can't wear it without getting my eyes red and watery. Please take the scent off!" and you responded this: "Hello! We are sorry to hear that you had a sensitivity to this product. We take this very seriously and would like to help! Please give us a call at 800-944-0730 and provide reference #04469692. We look forward to assisting you." First of, you erase my review that was already revised and uploaded. Second, you can see the country I'm writing from, Perú, so you know I can't "call at 800-944-0730" as you suggested for assistance. So you just want to nobody read that it IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR SENSITIVE EYES. Good work Maybelline."

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this mascara. I like the cute tube, and that the brush is very big. I like the formula, I don't see little black flecks on my eyes or cheeks at the end of the day. I don't notice any intense clumping, but there can be some if I'm not careful, but I notice that with most mascaras when I put too many coats on. I find my mascara goes on more smoothly if I let it warm up before I apply it, i just stick the tube in my cleavage while I'm doing the rest of my makeup and it's all set to go when I need it.

Some people said that it smells like coconut, and there is a scent but I find it pretty subtle. The only downside is that it is harder to remove when I get it on my face, I can't scrape it off as easily, but it comes off fine at night with micellar water.

Edit: I think that this mascara might be irritating my eyes. I recently tried a dermatologist approved mascara and my eyes didn't itch, but when I went back to this mascara they did. Not sure if this is because of Total Temptations, or mascara in general. I'm keeping the rating the same for this reason. Who knows, maybe I just have weird eye balls.

I love this mascara!!!! It fans out my lashes perfectly with one coat, no clumps! Two coats and it adds just the right amount of drama for me.

My only complaint would be it smudges after a days wear (12 hours +) and if you get it on your skin while applying it is very difficult to remove. I usually wait for the mascara to dry on my skin then flake it off with a clean spoolie but this mascara does not flake easily off the skin.

I don't like this mascara, I did at first a little. I thought it was going to be better. The formula is very thin and extremely dry, so it doesn't coat lashes well. The ideal formula is thick and wet for it to really coat lashes. It doesn't stick to lashes well because it's do dry, and because it's thin you get a very small amount of product on the wand.
Its good for a super natural look, you need MANY layers to get dramatic or just visible lashes ( if you don't naturally have thick lashes.) I personally don't want to have to use layer after layer of mascara, it's not convenient, time consuming, and starts to look cakey. I prefer Loreal lash paradise because I only need one coat with it.
I find it weird that this product is flammable, most mascaras aren't. It does leave lashes nice and soft though. It's so dry already so it dries out so bad after a week you can hardly get any out.