Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick

Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick
Velour Extreme Matte LipstickVelour Extreme Matte Lipstick

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I haven't tried new Laura Mercier lip products in what seems like ages now, so was pretty curious about her new Velour Extreme line.

I am a classic lipstick girl, love a good matte. These are perfect for me for a plethora of reasons, but a few things worth mentioning are: great pigmentantion, extremely easy application (no lip pencil needed), amazing colour selection and great wear. These do transfer, but you can always touch up/reapply on the go, they are so user-friendly!

I have a few lines on my lips and these never settle into them. Perfect! Don't feel drying, look amazing. Great product! I have unedited, raw hand and lip swatches in a separate review here for those of you interested in this new line (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/06/28/Laura-Mercier-Velour-Extreme-Matte-Lipstick-Review) hope it helps!

I bought this in Queen, and I loved the formula so much that I got it in Vibe a few days later. Its a little expensive, but it looks amazing, wears well, and it feels great. I love the look of a matte lip, but I hate how dry most products are. This is the most comfortable matte I’ve ever encountered.

on 4/24/2018 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was really reluctant when ordering this product, because I haven’t had the best experiences with matte lipsticks. BUT it is unreal how matte, pigmented, and smooth it is. I am convinced that this is one of the best mattes I’ve ever used!

on 12/31/2017 2:17:00 PM

The Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick is a lipstick that feels light as air on the lips and isn't the least bit drying on the lips. For those of you who have avoided matte lipsticks because of how drying most of them can be- give this one a try. I like that this is moderately-pigmented and it also has no flavor or taste to it. This isn't too much of a one swipe lipstick but it does build easily and lasts quite a while. I purchased Fierce and it was a true dark brown. Definitely a formula I can appreciate and use regularly. My detailed review and swatches can be seen here: