Dior Diorskin Forever Undercover Foundation

Dior Diorskin Forever Undercover Foundation
Diorskin Forever Undercover Foundation

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, VINYL , DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Parfum-‧Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum hydroxide, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol‧Fragrance, BHT, Tocopherol ‧Antioxidant, Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Al Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Ultramarines, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/16/2018 10:25:00 AM

I have normal skin therefore do not need coverage to hide blemishes or anything. However, when it is cold outside, I just start getting really red, which i kind of hate.. I was looking for a coverage for a really long time and this Dior Forever undercover really has a perfect structure! The other beauty products which i would recommend for the perfect look can be found here https://fashionpotluck.com/lifestyle/products-ive-purchased-from-their-samples! I sometimes combine this product with other foundations, such as the Chanel one! You get the perfect makeup natural look!

Loving this foundation,I’ve been trialing it out for 4 days now and it’s perfect,great coverage which I love and lasts all day long on my combo skin. It’s a little more pricy than my mac sff but these colours are way too yellow or orange on me, so had too bite the bullet and try something else. I’m wearing shade 021 which does pull more yellow on me than my nw20 but does not oxidise and I feel as if i have a skin tone where I can wear both warm and cool,but this is not as yellow as mac ncs.I tried 020 but that was too light and 023 was too peachy. I highly recommend this product I just need too learn too use not as much,as I’m more used too 2 pumps of fix fluid and can’t judge as much with this nosell.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Forever Undercover gives excellent coverage. It lasts for over 12 hours on my skin which is about as good as any foundation coverage I've personally come across. However on the t-zone I do need to touch up with a powder by mid-afternoon or at the very least use some blotting sheets. I can build to full coverage where needed or keep it as sheer as I want and because the pigment is quite concentrated I never have to use much, meaning I can see this lasting a while. Personally I prefer to apply it without a primer as it goes on better for me and you don’t need to use a setting powder, unless you really need that extra longevity.
The number of shades in the range (26) means it caters to most skin tones - whether you have beige, peach or yellow undertones you should be able to find a close match. A couple of my friends (with completely opposite skin tones) have visited the Dior counter and found a good match quite easily.

As it's quite a weightless formula I often feel like I haven't applied anything to my face. However I cannot use it daily due to the silicone content (bane of my life and in so many products nowadays). Nevertheless I highly recommended it, especially if you are fine with silicones, as the vast majority of people are.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/3/2018 12:17:00 AM

I used to wear this great foundation Bobbi Brown longwear even finish foundation.
My shade was porcelain.
Sadly, they discontinued it and replaced it with a skin long wear foundation which runs Into little creases I did not know I had!
So I hunted around and found the Dior Forever undercover foundation.
It is absolutely great!
Goodbye Bobbi Brown, for now, unless you come up with another matte foundation like the old even finish longwear in Porcelain.
Thank God for this wonderful new foundation, thank you Dior!

on 8/22/2018 9:27:00 AM

I would never spend this much money on foundation, and I wish it was cheaper but it's absolutely flawless. I bought the backstage foundation which was already $50, but it was too sheer so I exchanged it for this foundation due to the full but weightless/natural feeling coverage. I had it put on me at Sephora and I just lit up. My redness and uneven skin tone were completely cancelled out. My skin looked moisturized and I even got a compliment on my skin before leaving the store.

After 5 hours working in the humidity and heat, my foundation was still in place on my oily/dry skin. Sure, I looked a little oily, but I didn't use a primer, or even a powder... or setting spray! I wanted to see how it would turn out with no "help". I was so impressed!

If you are like me with oily, uneven, acne prone, dry skin- you'll probably love this!

I gave it a 4 due to the packaging because I have a feeling I'll be struggling to get product out in a couple of months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This foundation is honestly worth the money. It literally airbrushes your skin, you'll see what I mean when you apply it and wait a little bit, it's insane.
Does it control oil and keep you matte all day? No, unfortunately, and it seems to lose it's airbrush effect as the oils come onto your skin as well which is really sad. I felt so flawless for about 3 hours and then turned into a mess but then again, that happens regardless of what foundation I use anyway.
I actually ended up getting a shade a few numbers higher than I usually am and at first I had thought I made a mistake but it looks so good, the darker shades tend to be more warm toned though (45 and above), even if it says neutral on it, especially if your used to true olive or neutral shades like what NARS makes.

I'm going to try powder under foundation or whatever I can to keep my skin matte cause I honestly think this is worth it. Plus the packaging is so cute, so I don't want to return this.

I would recommend this but only if someone doesn't want to try the marc jacobs for a matte foundation.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used.

Before I start, it's important to note that I'm not a huge spender when it comes to foundations; I've never found the perfect high end product that I just love and is worth the price.

However, this foundation is just amazing. It's the perfect match for my skin tone, it's got really good coverage and feels fairly light on my face, and it's nicely blendable. Stays all day (although I often use a setting spray too- Nyx), and looks fairly natural.

The only downside of this foundation is obviously the price, but that said I did find myself using less on each application because of the coverage. Overall, I do also think this foundation is worth it, especially since it comes in 40ml instead of the normal 30ml for other foundations.

In conclusion, I absolutely love it!

on 5/6/2018 8:19:00 AM

I write very few reviews however I was compelled to share how I feel about this foundation. I purchased this from Sephora and liked the claims that it is long wearing, full coverage and weightless. I am an Estee Lauder Double Wear girl but always open minded that there may be something out there to trump this foundation.

I am extremely impressed with this foundation. On first impression the packaging is fuss free, maybe not as glamourous as one would expect from a high end brand. In saying that though it is highly practical and hygienic. The design of the squeeze bottle also allows for more precision when dispensing the product therefore minimising waste.

The foundation needs a good shake, it is quite a thin consistency and spreads eaily over the face. I used an angled dense brush. It is incredibly easy to work with and the coverage is definitely full. With Estee Lauder Double Wear you have to work fast as it sets very quickly. I have always had to apply to the face by sections. This on the other hand took longer to set and definitely allowed more time to buff into the skin nicely.

The finish is mostly matte but not flat looking. The feel on the face is incredibly light weight, amazing really for such a full coverage. It set without the need for powder and gives a soft almost airbrushed appearance to the skin. All other products applied beautifully on top of it. I wore the foundation for at least 10 hours with no visible breakdown in the usual areas like my chin. It is very comfortable to wear. It does have a very similar finish to ELDW but feels weightless in comparison. I will say that is transfers slightly but not so much that the foundation looks patchy in any way.

I am going to put it out there to say this could be my new HG. If you are an ELDW girl you will love this 😍

on 4/26/2018 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I so wanted to like this foundation having listened to the SA as seen reviews on YT. Sadly, yet another fail for me. There's no denying that it controls oil in a way I've never seen before ( 10 hours and no shine!!!) but this is at the expense of how it looks. This product is sadly so ageing and mask like no matter how I apply it. It is so flat matte and even with my Hourglass finishing powder it still looks flat - it is not a flattering foundation and really looks like you're wearing tons of makeup. I have tried applying with fingers, brush and sponge but nothing really makes a difference. Finally it doesn't last - it breaks down on my nose and chin after 6 hours which really defeats the purpose. Try and get a sample as I did before you splurge as this is not cheap. I shall continue my hunt for a long lasting foundation that does what it says on the tin.

on 4/9/2018 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

So far, I'm using this foundation and I don't hate it. (I can easily find faults with most) I'm just a little sad the colour (15) does not match my neck that well. The MA at Sephora saw me and handed the colour to me insisting that it will be a perfect match, because "I was just a little darker than he was". It makes me look incredibly fair but for winter it is okay. I'm curious to see what a different shade would make me feel. The formulation is very light weight, I HATE the smell but it fades. It looks like skin, but I do get oily around my nose area midday. I find it extremely blendable and you can take your time. Great coverage. Currently using this with the Benefit primer.