Dior Diorskin Forever Undercover Foundation

Dior Diorskin Forever Undercover Foundation
Diorskin Forever Undercover FoundationDiorskin Forever Undercover Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, VINYL , DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Parfum-‧Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum hydroxide, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol‧Fragrance, BHT, Tocopherol ‧Antioxidant, Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Al Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Ultramarines, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/6/2018 8:19:00 AM

I write very few reviews however I was compelled to share how I feel about this foundation. I purchased this from Sephora and liked the claims that it is long wearing, full coverage and weightless. I am an Estee Lauder Double Wear girl but always open minded that there may be something out there to trump this foundation.

I am extremely impressed with this foundation. On first impression the packaging is fuss free, maybe not as glamourous as one would expect from a high end brand. In saying that though it is highly practical and hygienic. The design of the squeeze bottle also allows for more precision when dispensing the product therefore minimising waste.

The foundation needs a good shake, it is quite a thin consistency and spreads eaily over the face. I used an angled dense brush. It is incredibly easy to work with and the coverage is definitely full. With Estee Lauder Double Wear you have to work fast as it sets very quickly. I have always had to apply to the face by sections. This on the other hand took longer to set and definitely allowed more time to buff into the skin nicely.

The finish is mostly matte but not flat looking. The feel on the face is incredibly light weight, amazing really for such a full coverage. It set without the need for powder and gives a soft almost airbrushed appearance to the skin. All other products applied beautifully on top of it. I wore the foundation for at least 10 hours with no visible breakdown in the usual areas like my chin. It is very comfortable to wear. It does have a very similar finish to ELDW but feels weightless in comparison. I will say that is transfers slightly but not so much that the foundation looks patchy in any way.

I am going to put it out there to say this could be my new HG. If you are an ELDW girl you will love this 😍

on 4/26/2018 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I so wanted to like this foundation having listened to the SA as seen reviews on YT. Sadly, yet another fail for me. There's no denying that it controls oil in a way I've never seen before ( 10 hours and no shine!!!) but this is at the expense of how it looks. This product is sadly so ageing and mask like no matter how I apply it. It is so flat matte and even with my Hourglass finishing powder it still looks flat - it is not a flattering foundation and really looks like you're wearing tons of makeup. I have tried applying with fingers, brush and sponge but nothing really makes a difference. Finally it doesn't last - it breaks down on my nose and chin after 6 hours which really defeats the purpose. Try and get a sample as I did before you splurge as this is not cheap. I shall continue my hunt for a long lasting foundation that does what it says on the tin.

on 4/9/2018 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

So far, I'm using this foundation and I don't hate it. (I can easily find faults with most) I'm just a little sad the colour (15) does not match my neck that well. The MA at Sephora saw me and handed the colour to me insisting that it will be a perfect match, because "I was just a little darker than he was". It makes me look incredibly fair but for winter it is okay. I'm curious to see what a different shade would make me feel. The formulation is very light weight, I HATE the smell but it fades. It looks like skin, but I do get oily around my nose area midday. I find it extremely blendable and you can take your time. Great coverage. Currently using this with the Benefit primer.

on 3/30/2018 7:21:00 PM

I'm really surprised to see so many negatives reviews about this foundation, but be aware this is a very matte formula and it isn't for everyone. It's probably going to look cakey and accentuate every fine line if you have dry textured skin, so keep that in mind and don't be afraid to ask for samples at sephora because this isn't a cheap foundation, it's $52.

I have very oily skin, I just turned 30 but my skin still thinks it's a hormonal teenager. I absolutely HAVE to have a full matte foundation or my face is an oil slick in less than 2 hours. I got this as a sample in an online order and liked it so much I went to sephora and bought it the next day. This doesn't offer any actual oil control but it doesn't contribute to my issue. Most importantly it looks radiant and absolutely flawless!!

It goes on medium coverage in my opinion but can be built up to full. Once it dries it's there till you wash it off. It dries quickly but not too quickly, so it gives you a decent amount of time to blend it out. Also, one thing I've noticed is it doesn't oxidize on me. I've been wearing it roughly 8 hours now and it's still going strong and looking great though I did a quick touch up with powder. I typically have to do that regardless of what I use.

This is the foundation I've been looking for all my life. I'm not even joking, I don't think I'll ever go back to my tarte foundation once my bottle is gone. I wish it came in a pump bottle but that's a pretty minor complaint and it's my only one.

on 3/21/2018 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a bad foundation, but nothing to write home about... It' less heavy compared to double wear but this is bad for your skin. You can smell the alcohol when applying- this can't be right. It's very long lasting which is a huge bonus but it makes you look older (very dry finish on my not dry skin)... It got into lines I didn't knew I had. Very fragranced item also. Who wants this in a foundation. Sad, cause I love the color... Do not advice this at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Picked up Diorskin Forever Undercover somewhat impulsively after trying/talking myself out of Chanel Ultrawear—lesson: if you try something and like it, don’t confuse yourself with reviews—and blindly ordering/returning Armani Power Fabric. In the end, I got a comfortable foundation with good coverage, workable texture, a natural finish that works with my semi-dry winter skin, and a better value than predicted. It’s also quite resilient (though I couldn’t know that at the time and I don’t have “the gift”). Coverage: High-medium. It’s not the fullest coverage foundation I’ve seen, like Jouer or YouTube-style Shape Tape-ing your entire face (original Shape Tape, not Shape Tape made for Shape Tape-ing your entire face). One layer covers redness and discoloration, though distinct marks—active spots, dark circles, dark freckles/sun spots—may require layering or color correction (my dark circles yield to no foundation). Texture & Finish: Moderately lightweight, quick-drying, layerable, demi-matte, long-wearing. It’s not as light as a serum or some other recent long-wear foundations, but it’s lighter than a cream-form or oil-based foundation. I find its weight comparable to a BB, though its texture feels a touch more plastic and less skincare-like. It does set quicker than many foundations, but this seems to be the exchange for longer wear, just as a matte finish often accompanies fuller coverage; Forever Undercover strikes the right balance with both, being neither so quick-drying as to be unworkable, nor so matte as to appear lifeless. I have the best luck working in small sections and using my fingers instead of a brush. For skin that leans dry/dehydrated, but doesn’t suffer from severe textural issues, this is the sort of foundation that’s a godsend because it sets without powdering, which can make a dewier foundation look tired and dry. Color selection is somewhat limited (especially for deeper shades) and I do feel the product may run slightly dark. For reference, I am 015 Tender Beige in this product (“Very Light” Neutral Undertone”) and 2.5 Warm Sand (Light to Medium Beige Neutral undertones) in Bobbi Brown Skin SPF 15, 5.0 Medium Neutral in Luminous Silk (but not Power Blahhhfrick!), 30 Beige in Chanel Ultrawear, between 26 Bisque Medium (light beige) and 34 Beige Medium (medium beige) in Marc Jacobs.

on 2/19/2018 11:11:00 AM

Beautiful foundation, looks like skin, very lightweight, doesn't cling to dry patches, and the plastic bottle is ideal for travelling. It also contains 40ml - a bit more than the usual 30ml.

on 2/9/2018 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'd buy it again It is a safe bet if you want medium to full coverage without looking Cakey, glides on nicely. Colour range is good I have Asian skin tone. Packaging nice light and neat not a heavy bottle can carry on holiday. Long lasting not as thick as Kat Von D etc hence I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the Diorskin Forever foundation that was the predecessor to this one but cannot purchase it here - all that is left of this product is the very dark shades and I have tried 3 different retailers to get it without luck. So I waited for the "new and improved" (?) version to arrive in store so I could get colour matched and get a sample. The shade 14, which was perfect in the old foundation, is waaaay too dark and the only other colour that was even close was 010, the lightest shade, so I don't know what people with paler skin than mine (and there are plenty) are supposed to do.

This new version is more watery and I find it harder to work with to get a nice, "perfect skin" application - it's just harder to blend and I have to work fairly fast. And while it is light, it doesn't feel all that nice on the skin, though it might feel nicer come summer-time. And the bottle, while more practical, doesn't look nearly so luxe as the original pump bottle (this is a "shade and squeeze" plastic one that seems to offer some protection from the light, which is all very good but it really doesn't look like a luxury product).

I am SO disappointed that the foundation I really love is no longer available. Since Sephora still has a tiny display bottle from which they pump out their samples, I wonder if I can get a few more little pots of the "old" formula, since they no longer have the actual product to sell. I'll keep working with my little samples of this new formula though - it seems a bit better each time I use it and Shade 14 actually looks okay once applied so I'm hoping this does work out for me, in which case, I will certainly purchase.

on 2/1/2018 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i know that this foundation is not for my skin type. however a free sample in shade 30 got into my stash so i put it on as an experiment/learning opportunity.

im around N25 and shade 30 is not right. it is supposed to be for light-medium depth with a neutral undertone but it is too dark and orange-y. if i wanted to pursue this foundation i would have to sample a bunch of shades and im not convinced there is one that is suitable.

the formula is thin (water based) and quite pigmented. the water dries very fast leaving the powdery layer of pigment on the skin. so therefore, a very matte (dry) finish.

thin formulas are not compatible with my usual clarisonic so i used a dense flat topped kabuki. medium coverage easily buildable to full coverage with 2nd layer. but you have to work fast! absolutely no need for concealer on cheeks/nose/blemishes.

i used a moisturizing primer yet this fndtn was still much too dry for me. it does not settle into lines and pores at all (because i have basically brushed pure pigment all over my face) but so matte that cracks were really bad. like embarrassingly-bad...cannot-wear-in-public bad. (im age 54 and have lots of wrinkles). there is absolutely no need to powder this fndtn but i did try to fill the cracks a bit with chanel and that helped a little i think.

i wore it for 8 hours and on my normal skin type it is resilient. it showed no wear at all. was transfer proof on me and looks promising for oily and very oily skin types. feels very light weight on the face and it accepted other makeup well. (i did not test bronzer because i was already oompa-loompah).

however by this time my face was feeling itchy and i was really wanting the foundation off (besides the fact that the shade and finish looked horrible on me). i recommend double cleansing with this one.

if i were to try this fndtn again, i would treat it as a pigment and add it to my moisturizing primer, or to liquid illuminator.