Lime Crime Hi-Lite Mystical Highlighting Palette - Angels

Lime Crime Hi-Lite Mystical Highlighting Palette - Angels

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

When I first opened the palette I was a bit disappointed, as the three powder shades look flat and dull, but then I tried them on skin and it was love at first swipe; a little goes a long way as the powder is highly pigmented and opalescent, so the shades come to life. There is shimmer in these highlighters, but it is finely milled and doesn't outlive the base. When I look straight-on into a mirror I can't see anything, but when I turn my head the powders catch the light and flash quite intensly. A perfect highlighter - it's not just sitting there as a strip of colour on skin ala Adam Ant, instead managing to be both subtle and eyecatching at the same time. When I apply my morning I'll sometimes use a setting spray, but I found that the highlighter will last until I'm ready to remove my makeup in the evening no matter if I use one or not.

I've removed a lippie because if people are choosing with highlighter palette to buy based on a brief glance at the site photo and/or Lime Crimes descriptions, then they could end up with something they didn't really want. Don't get me wrong - they're all gorgeous shades, but they just apply as different tones from what you may think you are getting. Heaven looks and is called white iridescent, but on my skintone it looks more pink/champagne - it looks more pink compared to the supposedly pink highlighter. Speaking of which; Halo is the pink powder and Lime Crime describe it as being pink/gold/green, but once applied I can only see the greenish gold. Finally we have Celestial, which Lime Crime call Cloud Blue, but I'd say is more lilac...