Ciate Pretty, Fun and Fearless: Volume II

Ciate Pretty, Fun and Fearless: Volume II

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Pretty, Fun and Fearless: Volume II eyeshadow palette is new for the holiday 2017 season and is sold as part of the 'Beauty Haul: Volume II' set [also includes a full-size black Fierce Flicks liquid eyeliner, and deluxe samples of their black Wonderland mascara and Liquid Velvet liquid lipstick in nude shade Sydney]. The palette contains twenty eyeshadow shades, in a mix of matte and shimmer finishes. The shades of the products have been curated by beauty vlogger Chloe Morello.

In the first edition of the Pretty, Fun and Fearless palette most [11 out of 15] of the shadows were selected from Ciate's three permanent palettes [the Pretty palette, the Fun palette and the Fearless palette], but this year all of the shades are new, plus we are getting more product this time [last year's palette contains fifteen shades]. In the palette you get; Topless [matte off-white], Halo [shimmer champagne], Coco [matte peach], Nini [matte taupe], Gold [shimmer gold], Baby [shimmer lilac], Violet [matte berry], Jelly Bean [shimmer medium pink], Renegade [shimmer orchid], Morello Cherry [shimmer medium purple], Pony [matte lavender], Platinum [shimmer white-silver], Ellie [shimmer gunmetal], Mecha [matte charcoal], Beauty [matte black], Rose Gold [shimmer rose gold], Copper [shimmer copper], Marron [matte deep brown], Soul [shimmer medium green], Chartreuse [shimmer chartreuse].

I can tell that a lot of thought went into the colour selections for this palette; the shades are wearable, can be worn on all skin tones and they actually compliment each other - this is one of the few palettes I own where I can say that I'll use every single colour regularly. I really enjoy this palette and will use it regularly as the powders are so easy to work with, can be worn all year round and either dressed up or toned down to fit any occasion. The pigmentation of the products in this palette is good, and everything wears well on my drier skin - there is some kick-up when I dip my brushes into the pans, but that is something that never really bothers me as long as the powders apply and performs well, which these do.

My only niggle is that a couple of the shades are too similar to each other or/and shadows in the original palette once applied, so maybe a few more poppy shades instead of neutrals could have been included - after all this palette is meant to compliment the first Pretty, Fun and Fearless one, and that palette has plenty of more 'sensible' options in. I watch a few smaller beauty channels on YouTube, but I'd actually never heard of Chloe Morello before discovering the Beauty Haul set last year, so having a certain name on the palette doesn't sway my opinion of it one way or the other;