Sephora Collection Lipstories Lipstick

Sephora Collection Lipstories Lipstick
Lipstories Lipstick

on 10/11/2018 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Packaging is adorable. I bought a collection of these and there was not a color inside that I wanted to try. Finally picked one and I don't get the love for these. Except for the packaging, I think there are way better lipsticks from NYX and Revlon and ones that don't drag on my lips.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this in the shade Labyrinth City, and it is gorgeous. It is kinda of a russet-plum color, so it is perfect for fall on my skin tone. I was hesitant about trying this line given the price and the cardboard packaging, but I added one to a recent Sephora order on a whim. I am glad I did! It feels very nice on the lips, much nicer than an $8 lipstick, and it wears well. The color is somewhat unique; I can't say I'd pick up many more of the shades, since a lot of them seem very dupeable or comparable to things that I already have though. The cardboard cap does feel a little flimsy, but so far I have been able to put it in my bag and not have any problems since it fits securely on the base. I do worry that the cute design might start to wear away or fade over time, but that honestly is not too big of a deal. If Sephora introduced more non-metallic shades in this line I'd definitely be interested in trying more. I would absolutely recommend this lipstick if you're trying to build a lipstick wardrobe and you don't want to spend a ton of money.

on 10/5/2018 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I have voted no to a repurchase on these lipsticks, but it's really only for one color, and possibly the whole metallics. I haven't tried the mattes and satins, aside from swatching in store, and I suspect those perform a lot -- A LOT -- better than the metallics.

The color I picked up was Icebreaker, a deep shimmery blue. I'd liken it to a rich sapphire. It's a beautiful color, and on my hand, I was blown away.

On my lips, it's another story. The color is beautiful, but tricky. I find it really hard to get it opaque, and it usually needs two or three layers to achieve the intensity I want. It's creamy, too, so precision is needed to make sure it's not bleeding or smudgy. It's pretty comfy, and the glitter is slightly noticeable on my lips (but not horribly so), and there's no real scent or flavor here.

All that said, it's still hard to get just a coat of deep blue lipstick going on. It can be done, but it takes work. A matte formula would have been loads better, even at the expense of losing the metallic edge. But, one thing I find interesting with this particular color is that it blends well with others. One day I swiped it off, added a pale sheer nude on top, and I had a curious lavender shade going on. Intrigued, I've kept experimenting. With a sheer red it veers into a magenta or red violet situation (depending on how much you add of each color), and the effect is interesting in other combinations. So, alone, it's not ideal, but to expand a lipstick wardrobe, it creates some cool possibilities.

on 8/27/2018 12:41:00 PM

Sephora really got it right with these and I love them. I've been avoiding liquid lipsticks lately because most of them really show texture on my lips and it makes me self conscious after I've been wearing it for a while.

Every time I place an order or visit a store I end up picking out a new shade because these are only $8. Oui is my current favorite nude, I even bought a back up tube which I rarely ever do. It doesn't dry my lips out, it's full coverage and not streaky and it wears evenly. If I could change anything I would change the longevity. I can wear it for about 2 hours without having to touch up or reapply, which still isn't bad for a cream lipstick.

on 6/7/2018 3:44:00 AM

amazing lipstick line. I have three shades: brunch date (warm peachy-brown), oui (warm pink) and deep water bay (warm red). all these shades compliment my skin tone so well. I love how it doesnt pull or drag my lips as i apply it, and they dont dry out my lips either. Brunch date lasts on me about 4 hrs even after a meal and/ or drinking water. deep water bay leaves a nice stain which lasts me for the whole day (even with drinking and eating). Oui doesnt last as long and I do have to reapply after a meal but the shade is so beautiful, so I dont mind. overall, all three shades are pigmented. there are so many shades to try in warm, cool and neutral tones and the price is great for the amount of product you get. I will continue to buy lipsticks from this line. you should definately check them out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love! I've been feeling "meh" about most lipstick collections lately, mostly because I can't do matte lips and many of the prettiest new colors out there come in a matte formula. However, the Sephora Lipstories collection offers matte, metallic, and satin finishes. I purchased two satin shades: 03 (Oui!) and 36 (Spring Break). They go on sooooo smoothly and feel great on my perpetually dry lips! Very pigmented, no patchiness. And the best part: they are actually long-lasting! I wasn't expecting this, due to their creamy texture.

The only reason I didn't give these lipsticks 5 stars is because there aren't any light pink shades in the collection. Shade 03 is the closest thing to light pink I could find, and it actually reads dark pinky-brown on me. I'm NC20-25, which isn't super pale, but lipsticks always look much darker on my lips than they do on others for some reason.

Next I'm going to check out 06 (Tan Lines), which is a pale nude shade. It's not pink, but hey, it might look good regardless!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The Lipstories colour in Cash Money (dark green shade) was such a huge disappointment! I tried wearing this for 12 hours, and it wore so horribly. At work, I had to reapply it every 15 minutes to make sure I was getting decent coverage. Even if you blot and powder it, it refuses to stain or stay put. When it fades down, it looks patchy, gross, and not flattering.

The lipstick had a weird smell and taste to it, but the packaging was super cute and affordable.

It's not worth the trouble of having to maintain it unless you plan to wear it for like less than an hour. I never return anything, but I returned this....

on 4/17/2018 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the shade “First Class” in a matte finish. For its price, it’s a great lipstick. The pigmentation is great, it is a bit drying but nothing too bad. It definitely transfers easily, but the colour remains as pigmented and bright so I don’t really have a problem with it. The packaging is cute too but I am a little afraid of it becoming grimy or not holding up since its cardboard/paper.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I have it in the color Popsicle Lips which is a cream formula. It goes on smoothly and is not patchy at all. It moisturizes the lips and has great staying power. I love the shade of red; it looks really good with my olive skin tone. The packaging is a bit flimsy as it is made of cardboard, but the product inside is worthy of a high end price tag. For $8 I would highly recommend trying out different colors!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the most successful lipstick launches from the brand we've seen so far. Their liquid lipsticks are great, but Lipstories are even better. I love how you get a great selection of colours and finishes.

Packaging is quite simple, I imagine it would look very bad in a few months, but for the price I think you can't really go wrong.

I have tried Golden Gate, a beautiful berry matte colour. Love it, applies like a dream and has a pleasant scent. You can see, read more about it here, in case you want to have a closer look at the swatches (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/15/Spice-Up-Your-Makeup-Bag-This-Spring). All in all, I would highly recommend them!