Sephora Lipstories Lipstick

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The Lipstories colour in Cash Money (dark green shade) was such a huge disappointment! I tried wearing this for 12 hours, and it wore so horribly. At work, I had to reapply it every 15 minutes to make sure I was getting decent coverage. Even if you blot and powder it, it refuses to stain or stay put. When it fades down, it looks patchy, gross, and not flattering.

The lipstick had a weird smell and taste to it, but the packaging was super cute and affordable.

It's not worth the trouble of having to maintain it unless you plan to wear it for like less than an hour. I never return anything, but I returned this....

on 4/17/2018 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the shade “First Class” in a matte finish. For its price, it’s a great lipstick. The pigmentation is great, it is a bit drying but nothing too bad. It definitely transfers easily, but the colour remains as pigmented and bright so I don’t really have a problem with it. The packaging is cute too but I am a little afraid of it becoming grimy or not holding up since its cardboard/paper.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I have it in the color Popsicle Lips which is a cream formula. It goes on smoothly and is not patchy at all. It moisturizes the lips and has great staying power. I love the shade of red; it looks really good with my olive skin tone. The packaging is a bit flimsy as it is made of cardboard, but the product inside is worthy of a high end price tag. For $8 I would highly recommend trying out different colors!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the most successful lipstick launches from the brand we've seen so far. Their liquid lipsticks are great, but Lipstories are even better. I love how you get a great selection of colours and finishes.

Packaging is quite simple, I imagine it would look very bad in a few months, but for the price I think you can't really go wrong.

I have tried Golden Gate, a beautiful berry matte colour. Love it, applies like a dream and has a pleasant scent. You can see, read more about it here, in case you want to have a closer look at the swatches (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/15/Spice-Up-Your-Makeup-Bag-This-Spring). All in all, I would highly recommend them!

on 2/9/2018 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think these are quite charming and versatile for the price ($10 Canadian), and the formula itself holds its own against higher end brands (Mac, Dior, Bite Beauty, Marc Jacobs). They're made in Italy--perhaps they share facilities with a higher make but don't quote me. Anyhow, I bought my mother First Class (a vibrant tangerine-red) and I own Matinee (a muted browned plum-red), but my favorite amongst the lot is A Little Magic, a glorious true red in a matte formula that veers towards more of a satin finish; it applies very smoothly but holds up wonderfully, especially with a little pencil here and there after application to "hold" the colour inside the lipline. I infinitely prefer it to my Besame Victory Red, which has a similar color effect but veers towards smeary and gritty. Packaging is intriguing (photo-printed cardboard) but the inside plastic tube is cheap and not terribly secure--the bullet of my first lipstick came unstuck within the week. No biggie--I popped out and bought a new one and use the other with a brush. Would gladly try other shades in the line although some (there's a hideous frosty pink in the mix) are a bit of a stretch. Nonetheless, these are a fun addition to the Sephora house brand.

on 12/20/2017 11:24:00 AM

I love the price ($8) of the Sephora Collection's new #Lipstories Lipstick. This is even more affordable than many drugstore brands. I also love the range of colors and finishes. There is a color and finish for everyone. These are pretty buildable and there is a little more slip to it so you will definitely want to use a primer to prevent this from bleeding out into fine lines.

My one real complaint, which I've noticed more and more isn't a huge issue with most other people, is that this does have a slight floral perfume-y taste to it. Many tastes in lipsticks don't bother me- vanilla, peppermint, or no taste at all- I can handle. The floral taste really bothers me because it interferes with the taste of coffee and everything else. In terms of performance, price, and colors I would definitely buy this lipstick again, but if I found a comparable color from another brand without the taste then I wouldn't buy this one again. My more detailed review with swatches can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials