NARS Cosmetics Smooth & Protect Primer SPF 50

NARS Cosmetics  Smooth & Protect Primer SPF 50

4.6

This is the very first primer that I have absolutely loved. A girl at Sephora recommended it to me to go with my NARS timed moisturizer. I felt so supple and lovely. I’ve tried all kinds of primers. When they claimed to smooth pores they only dried out my skin. I used Too Faced Hangover primer and it did absolutely nothing. Becca’s evermatte poreless is too drying. Elf’s primer felt like liquid plastic. And others have been sticky. I have combination skin with it being more reactionary when dried. This primer was like a fluffy, moisturizing, melt into your skin drink that leave a slightly velvety surface perfect for prep. And spf 50! That’s handy

on 5/11/2018 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is an excellent primer for oily skin. Helps my foundation smooth out and last longer. Prevents it from separating later in the day also. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will say I love this has 50 SPF. This is main reason that i purchased this product and have it 3 lippies. I applied and this has strong sunscreen formula and it burns my face when applied.

if you have sensitive skin, this might not work for you. bummer...

This thing makes my all foundations work perfect and stay on my face all day. My T zone is not oily with it and there’s no separation around my nose. Previously I applied different primers on different parts of my face, now I need only this one

on 12/15/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm pretty surprised there isn't already a review for this product... it's new but not THAT new (I bought it eight months ago).

Anyway, I've avoided primers in the past because 1) I was skeptical about how much of a difference they make, 2) I don't like adding an extra layer to my routine and 3) most of them seem to be chock-full of the type of silicones that tend to wreck my skin. But a NARS SA applied this on my face when I asked for something to help smooth out my uneven skin texture, and the effect was so nice I bought it on the spot, half expecting to go home and find the product doesn't work the same under my own inexpert ministrations.

But it works. I always had a trouble with foundations catching on flakes, no matter how well and assiduously I moisturized, but this dramatically reduces how much dry patches stand out, and how much foundation they collect. It's also allowed me to actually use undereye concealer: my under-eye issue is less discoloration and more bagginess that often casts shadows depending on the light, so using any kind of concealer makes the skin in the area seem rougher and draws attention to the bagginess. But with this primer layered underneath, the finish of concealer is more unobtrusive, so I can finally do something about discoloration too.

It also seems to help the makeup last, which was never the case with any other primer I've tried (however, I've not tried primers exhaustively, so no need to chuck out the one you have if it's working for you). And best and most importantly of all, it doesn't cause breakouts, or that itchy-and-tight feeling I often get with most primers that portends a breakout if I DON'T. WASH THIS OFF. NOW. Actually I think it acts as a barrier to help protect my skin from dirt and dust and other bad things in the air, since I find my skin actually feels healthier and less tired when I remove my makeup at the end of the day after using this.

All in all, I find it worth the purchase and now I find myself reaching for it regularly, not just when I have a special occasion.