CHANEL Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eye Shadow

CHANEL Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eye Shadow

on 1/22/2019 6:47:00 PM

I have this in Undertone 802. Its a natural champagne peachy goldy bronzey caramel sheen. This is so hard to describe because its a little bit of everything, but at the same time, a very simple beautiful color. I am C1 nc20 beige20 and this is half a shade darker than my skintone. I used to be a Mac Groundwork paintpot lover, unfortunately it is too ashy in certain lighting and still creases on me. (Groundwork is darker taupey milk tea and a satin-matte finish.) I wanted an easy everyday one eyeshadow look that i can slap on and call it a day/not worry about my oily eyelids. I am a lash extension and false lashes wearer and i am terrible at applying eyeshadow. I just wanted something thatll be pretty on the lids especially when i look down. My history with eyeshadow has been a battle, i have all types of brushes and have tried many palettes lol i suck. Most the time i look like i have a black eye. I blame it on my asian almond eye with the tiny crease/ semi monolids?

Chanel Undertone reminds me a bit of Mac Woodwinked eyeshadow without the rusty orange, this is a lot more wearable on me. Its warm light bronzey with a sheen that makes it look like you have more than one eyeshadow on. Its super buttery to the touch and really easy to blend. It isnt a wet formula, id say its still on the drier side but very blendable and isnt patchy or weird at all. Once it sets its completely dried and it wont budge. I use a brush like the Mac 242 flat synthetic shader to pack a light wash all over my lids or i can just use my fingers on days where i dont have time.

I am loving the natural bronzed look all year round. Id pair this cream shadow with Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer to add warmth to the face and then Chanel Alezane blush on the apples of my cheeks and across my nose for a sunkissed rosey glow. Pop on some lashes and finish off with my favorite 432 Cecile Rouge Coco and thats my everyday look. I can change my lipstick to a vampy red and it can turn it into an evening look. Bronzey makeup is very versatile and give you a natural healthy glow if the products arent muddy or orange!

Fantastic for mature, textured eyelids and for those who like fuss-free, one shadow makeup looks (my mom loves these!) You can apply it with finger or applicator and then blend out with a fluffier brush- voila, done. The colors are pretty basic and neutral- as usual with Chanel though.
They’re easy to apply and blend, don’t accentuate uneven texture or dryness, and are long lasting.
Warning: they dry out. When they do though, I add a drop of Inglot’s Duraline, and the problem is gone.
They’re expensive- you can find good cream shadows for less, but with Chanel, you pay for both quality and the brand. I’ve tried Mac Paint Pots, and while I think they’re very good, they emphasize uneven eyelid texture.

on 4/3/2018 10:52:00 PM

I decided to try this after seeing it on a youtube video. I normally do not wear eyeshadow but wanted to use this as a liner/accent around my eyes as I saw in the video. The price is appalling for a single shade of an eyeshadow, but I was willing to pay if it had a nice effect. I purchased it at Nordstrom, and the saleswoman applied some to my eyes from the tester as well. The color is very beautiful. However, I was at the mall for a few more hours and when I got home and looked in the mirror I was not happy! The shadow had migrated around my eyes in an unflattering way, and my lids were very creased and cakey looking. I never opened the box I purchased, and I plan to return this next time I go to the mall.

on 12/20/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this in Memory and Pourpre Profound. Both are very wearable colors and work well with my NC20 skin. The cream is dry, not moussey (Tom Ford). It reminds me of he Maybelline color tattoo pots. The formula applies nicely as it stay where you put it but still blends out before it sets and lasts all day. I’m always fearful that these pots dry out before I even make a dent but we will see. Beautiful colors and formula. I highly recommend.

on 12/14/2017 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Being a fan of cream eye shadow I purchased the color 810 Pourpre Profond. The color looks interesting in the jar and is a plum color on the lid. The brush included works very well with the cream. I would have to fault it on the score of Longwear as it does fad on me somewhat but I am not using a primer with it. The colors are not overly full of glitter but give a nice finish. I like it enough to try a couple of other colors.