Deciem The Ordinary - Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane

Im new to actives because I have very dry, sensitive and reactive skin but this did not irritate my skin at all. I know that retinoids are a long term thing so I don't see any significant results (been using for a month now) but I'll keep using it since my skin seems to like it.

Not the best product in my opinion, also i love the ordinary and it is really cheap. I think it works to some degree, but is very oily and does not absorb well. I have used couple times a week and it seeems to brighten my skin, but causes some irritation.
I really wanted to like it, but i am gone back to Granactive Retinoid 2% emulsion five times a week, which absorbs much better and irritates my skin less.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've never had luck with retinoids, and unfortunately, this one from The Ordinary is no exception. Although it is not irritating and I don't get any redness from it at all, my skin looks a little dehydrated the next morning, even if I top it with a good moisturizer. I tried it for 3 months before writing this review, so I gave it a good shot. I used it once a week, twice a week, more often, then backed down again, but the results are always the same. It's the only thing I've tried from The Ordinary so far that I didn't like. I get better results from the Vitamin C, glycolic acid, and the alpha lipoic acid.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've enjoyed The Ordinary's Advanced Retinoid 2% Emulsion for quite some time now. When I saw that they were coming out with this new Granactiv 5% Retinoid in Squalane, I was intrigued as I was hoping to up the strength of my nightly retinoid anyway. I have to say, I adore this formulation even more than the emulsion!! I have seen terrific results using this nightly for a few months and I look forward to seeing improved results using it long term. This treatment utilizes a new formulation of the retinoid (Granactiv) suspended in the light, plant derived, deep penetrating facial oil, Squalane. I don't need to use a night time moisturizer with this product. The Squalane is just beautiful and sinks into my skin after about an hour or so. I don't need to use a ton of this product to cover my face...in fact, when I overdo it, my face stays oily and it never really fully absorbs which can be messy for pillow cases and husbands and what not. lol! When applied sparingly, the oil sinks in with a velvet finish. The retinoid is highly effective at clarifying the skin, reducing the appearance of pores, plumping the skin, smoothing fine lines and even controlling my mild, hormonal acne. Together, the squalane and granactiv retinoid complement one another just perfectly. I have combo/dry leaning skin so this is kismet for me. Oily skinned folk might not like the feel of this one but the results, for me, make this a complete winner in my book. I can't sing the praises of this one enough. HIGHLY recommend!