Maybelline Superstay 24HR Full Coverage Foundation

Maybelline Superstay 24HR Full Coverage Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclomethicone, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutane, Paraffin, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Alcohol. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

on 4/18/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I should have listened to our fellow reviewers but i didnt. I wanted to love it, but this foundation emphasizes even slightly dry skin like crazy, even on my combination/oily skin. My skin is tan/olive depending on the season with a strong yellow undertone. I wear a shade 332 in Fit Me, and the Golden 312 is a great match as soon as I apply it, but it oxides for like 30 minutes and once it dries it is 2 shades darker. I tried going up to 310 SunBeige but it is just too pink! I coyldnt find a medium shade that has a yellow undertone in the superstay. Im dissapointed and feel like i wasted my time and money.

on 4/15/2018 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Let's clear one thing: this is not really a dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear. But it is a pretty good foundation, goes on lightly but has a good coverage. Doesn't last all day or 24hrs, but a good alternative to Estee Lauder's DW for every day, when you want to look good without too heavy coverage.

on 4/14/2018 6:57:00 AM

I love this foundation! It’s replaced my Mac studio fix fluid foundation and it’s full coverage and lasts all day! One downside is that it can look cakey and feel thick if you put a lot of product on also it does sink into my smile lines but I just use my Laura mercier setting powder and that sorts it out. I have the shade 36 warm sun which does look a bit orange when I’m not wearing fake tan.

If you have normal skin and are looking for a satin matte foundation, this is a great one. It applies beautifully and the color tones are great. The only thing I don’t like is at the end of the day, it’s a little shiny and worn off in some areas. So if you’re looking for a long wearing foundation this wouldn’t be your go to but if you just want something to look great for a few hours this is good.

I bought this based on the recommendation of Jeffree Star. I do not like his politics and antics, but I respect his opinion regarding products. Estee Lauder Double Wear is my HG, but it is too heavy for everyday and is pricey. I have combo skin. This foundation worked much better than I expected and I'm super impressed with the quality, especially for the price. I used this with Becca backlight primer, and applied with a damp beauty blender. I set it with Laura Mercier powder. I needed a powder touchup after 4 hours of wear but that is normal for me. The pump was a pleasant surprise and I was able to find a good color match. I wear Cool Bone in Double Wear for reference. I will try to update this summer, when my skin is oiler than usual.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: warm nude (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- long wearing
- full coverage
- packaging
- little goes a long way

CONS

- cakey/too drying unless mixed with a hydrating formula
- sets a little quickly
- oxidizes

COMMENTS: I cannot wear this on its own without immediately looking too caked up, heavy, and dry. As a matter of fact, it looks horrible on its own no matter what I do. However, a few drops of MAC’s F&B and I have a formula that I can work with. I get a satin finish vs matte, making it much less heavy looking and dry. The pair makes it for a much more forgiving base that still has longevity.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this product looks AMAZING....when first applied. However after a few hours my skin gets EXTREMELY OILY. I could basically wipe all the foundation off, and then it started doing this extremely weird thing where the foundation started separating on my face??? I’m extremely sad because I wanted to like this product so badly, and it looked amazing when I first applied it + I love that there’s a pump. Btw: my skin type is oily / extremely oily

This is by far one of the worst foundations I have ever used. It lasts not even 3 hours on my face WITH setting powder before getting oily and separating. The coverage is only full after building for a bit. It’s very thick. The only pro I can think of is that it has a pump.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried this foundation for a first impression on my YouTube channel (see video below).
I had high hopes for this foundation, as I saw amazing reviews for oily skin, plus it was pretty affordable, especially as I got this for ‘buy 1 get 1 half price’ in Store.

My skin type: very oily t-zone with combination skin, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne prone with large pores.

I tried this for a typical work day, and wore it for over 8 hours, as I wanted to give it a good test.
When I looked at my skin after 4 hours, I could see that it was breaking apart like crazy on my cheeks, and my skin was starting to look oily. Plus, I noticed that it had oxidised like crazy, and it got to the point where my face looked so dark and orange compared to my neck. When I had applied this, it was almost a perfect match (the shade was perfect, but the shade was more pink toned as it had a neutral undertone and I have a warm undertone).

Pros:
- The colour match was good when it was first applied
- Good Price (£11.99)
- Other makeup products when on very well
- Gave a semi-matte finish

Cons:
- Oxidizes like crazy after about 30 minutes. It darkened by at least 2 shades and went orange.
- Not enough shades
- The only shades available are for pink undertones.
- Made my skin oily after 4 hours
- Became blotchy on the majority of my face
- Doesn’t build up very well
- Felt sticky after applied and took a while to partially dry.

Overall, I would not buy this foundation again, as there were too many cons, and I didn’t really like anything about it other than the price!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: search ‘Chloe Luckin’

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For reference, I am NC50 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Macao in NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. In this foundation I use the color Coconut mixed with Warm Sun.

For a drugstore/low end foundation I am really blown away. The finish of this foundation is absolutely beautiful and the coverage, with just one pump, is an easy full coverage. My skin looks perfectly smooth and even with a healthy natural radiance. I also find this foundation long wearing, lasting upwards of 10 to 12 hours and still looking quite flawless at the end of the day with minimal retouch/blotting (at least in the cold/cool weather). It will be interesting to see how this foundation performs in the heat and humidity of summer weather. I found that the color Coconut was quite orange and a tad dark, so I mix it with Warm Sun to get my perfect shade. I have also noticed that this foundation doesn't oxidize but it does dry down just a tad darker, like Fenty foundation, so keep this in mind when considering your color match.

Perhaps my only complaint is that this foundation transfers and I haven't yet found a way to keep it from doing so. My foundation gets on my coat collar, on tissues when I blow my nose, and if I touch my face a little foundation will transfer. But it's not horrible and because this really is a beautiful foundation, I am willing to experiment with ways to prevent transfer.

There are a couple things to consider when trying this foundation. First, I highly recommend using a light hand when applying this foundation as it is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. If you find this foundation looks cakey or settles in fine lines, I would suggest to try using less product. Second, if you find yourself getting oily, blotting removes the excess sheen leaving you once again looking flawless.

If you haven't tried this foundation I highly recommend that you do. It really is a beautiful, long wearing foundation, and it's affordable.