Maybelline Superstay 24HR Full Coverage Foundation

Maybelline Superstay 24HR Full Coverage Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclomethicone, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutane, Paraffin, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Alcohol. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

This foundy is Aaaaaaamazing! Full coverage amazing longevity perfect colour match and great price! It's a winner!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This foundation is a very full coverage foundation. It's the heaviest foundation I've ever tried and I love Estee Lauder Doublewear. I use a beauty blender to sheer it out a little so I don't feel like I'm a cake face and also because the formula is dry feeling and can tug if you blend with a brush. It looks fake flawless so if you want natural this is not it. For me, it's too much coverage and too flawless but that may be what you are looking for. It feels heavy and it does rub off if you touch your face. It doesn't settle into lines or pores which is great. I am having a difficult time with the shades. I have 110 porcelain and it's a little too light but the next shade is way too dark. I'm NC15 in MAC, 150 buff in Revlon colorstay, 1N1 in ELDW, and 1.5 in Urban Decay Naked foundation for reference. So I add a lot of bronzer and it works ok. The pump packaging is nice and the bottle is nice. My big issue is this gets super oily on me. My T-zone looks like an oil slick in about an hour after I apply this. If I take the time to powder it mid day it holds up pretty well but I almost never have time to do that/fuss with that. I'm a apply in the morning and don't look back kind of girl. So I think this is getting returned because I have other foundations that still have solid coverage but don't make me look oily. I knocked off major points for this because that is the thing I care about the most in foundations. To be fair, it doesn't actually claim to control oil.
I recommend this if you are dry to normal skin and you want full coverage and don't mind it looking like makeup. You will look like Barbie Doll!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. it's full coverage, mattifying, and with a primer and finishing power it lasts the entire day. Even with the biggest pigmentation, this baby's got me covered.
The pump is easy in use, there's plenty of foundation for your money, the bottle feels expensive and sollid and you don't need much to cover your face.

That said, there are some minor annoyances to it. The shade range is quite broad for a drugstore brand but only a limited collection is offered in most stores. I've been to three shops until I found one where I could swatch most shades from the range and even there, I found it hard to pick one. The light ones were too pink, the ones with a yellow undertone too dark. I thought I had finally found one, but when I left the shore I noticed it was too dark on my skin. Since they're quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, I'd rather buy one foundation from a higher end brand that I don't have to mix than 2 drugstore bottles, given that foundation turns bad in 6 months.
It oxidizes, so make sure you test your foundation before you buy.
Secondly, a primer is necessary or it will crawl into fine lines. However, that's easily fixable.
Thirdly, it's mattifying, but if you've got an oily skin like I do, that will only protect you for 2-3h in summer. So do powder it after.
Oxidisation, the need for a primer and a finishing powder are necessary to make many foundations function properly so don't let that stop you if you're looking for a full coverage drugstore foundation.

on 6/6/2018 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Experience on my 34 year old, very oily, completely neutral-toned skin with some fine lines around eyes and mouth and fairly deep forehead lines.

Read lots of good reviews and found there was a shade somewhat close to suiting me so decided to try it. BIG MISTAKE. It applies nicely and looks good for the first ten minutes but it's all downhill from there. It settled in every tiny line and wrinkle, turned into an oilslick on my forehead, oxidized horrendously, and felt truly awful on the skin, like a thick heavy mask and also weirdly like my skin was crawling with spiders. I couldn't stand the feeling and it looked absolutely ridiculous, so by early afternoon it had been removed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm on my 2nd bottle. I love this foundation. It IS almost $20 CAD however performs exactly like my MAC Prolong Wear for about $25 less. It's amongst one of the only foundations that actually cover my stubborn hyperpigmentation scars w/ out feeling cakey. I also love the lasting power. I get7rl hrs w/ out primer & powders. Only take a mark off as the shades run a little orange.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

As someone with dry skin this was a huge welcome for my face. It’s smooth with medium, buildable coverage that doesn’t leave streaks. It’s in the running for some higher end foundations and under $20 at the drug store plus with sales at CVS it’s a steal. I didn’t have to apply concealer under my eyes which is normally the case. I like the pump design and using a sponge, it glides on easily. Will def buy again!

I love this foundation. It has been very hard for me to find a foundation that I really love. I wanted something full coverage, that doesn’t separate or accentuate fine lines, and doesn’t feel cakey on the skin. This product is that for me! I don’t find it to be completely full coverage, likely because I try to use sparingly to avoid caking, but the coverage is still impressive. I like that it doesn’t feel like I have foundation on and it looks airbrushed on the skin. I will absolutely buy this again.

on 5/18/2018 10:27:00 AM

Seen some pretty good reviews on this so I thought why not? I fail to see how this is a “super stay” foundation. It breaks up on my skin in no time, does not stay matte for long, is definitely not transfer proof. Leaves a weird mask like feeling on my skin, I don’t know how else to describe it. Ive used it with and with out setting spray, finishing powder. Nothing helps or works. I definitely can’t recommend and I won’t be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

If you want a power-player foundation but Kat Von D Lock It & Milani Conceal + Perfect were a tad too thick/cakey for you, you've got to try this one next.

Super Stay is not as traceless as L'Oréal Infallible Pro Matte - I actually like the latter's poreless finish better - but Super Stay has my shade. I go where I'm fed!

Love the pump: tapping it about 75% down dispenses the perfect amount for me.

Application: I find using fingers gives the most natural, blended-out finish - even over a sponge.

NO breakouts from this ever. If anything, it helps my skin be its best. There's a lot to be said for that.

Quick shade comparison:

102: NW5-10
110: NC10 (my shade!)
112: NW15
120: NW25
128: NC35

To get close to my sunless tan shade (NC25), I mix 128 with a bit of 110. Hopefully they'll put out shade 118 like with Fit Me!

on 5/15/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This has to be the best foundation I've tried and I've tried many different ones from high end to drugstore brands. For reference I wear Honey 320 and around NC45 in MAC. This foundation provides full coverage, evens my skin tone, lasts all day and blurs my pores. I have dry/combination skin ( weird I know) and this works well with my skin my type. There's really no cons the only thing is that this foundation oxidizes.I suggest going 1 to 2 shades lighter to get your perfect match.