bareMinerals bareMinerals: The Bare Sensuals READY palette

bareMinerals bareMinerals: The Bare Sensuals READY palette

3.3

on 3/8/2018 4:52:00 PM

There's a reason I keep buying these palettes that Bare Minerals keeps churning out, there must be!!!! I just need to find out what it is!!!! LOL! They always look so beautiful online and even when I swatch them in the store I fall in love....then....I get them home and try to use them for different looks for a few days and inevitably I'm dissapointed. Sigh. I have to agree with the review down below from ziggymamma, every single time I use this, no matter how many different shades I try, my looks end up looking the same or similar.

In a way that can be a good thing, it's why I love Clinique eyeshadow palettes. This palette is easy to use, the colors are easy to blend, easy to wear and easy for everyone to get some kind of good eye look. Unfortunately, while the colors look saturated in the pans and even in swatches, they're very sheer when applied on the lid. Some shades don't look different enough on the lids and you can't tell one from the other. Don't expect any wow factor from this like I did when I saw the purple and plum and berry shades. I was expecting much more drama and got hum drum instead.

Overall while I'm not thrilled with this palette I feel like I will use it more often than some of my other Bare Minerals palettes. It's not a bad palette, it just isn't great either. If you want a pretty easy peasy breezy purple toned palette then this one is for you! Like!

I got these shadows at my local ulta when I went in looking for a new pallet.i took the pallet home and wasn't sure about it at first. My first impression was that the actual shad looked different that it did on the box. So I swatched some colors and realized that the product were really pigmented and creamy. So I used the pallet for my eyes the next day. The colors were extreamly easy to blend and I have been in love with the product ever since.

on 12/11/2017 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

When this was released in Spring 2017, I wanted it so bad! I controlled myself to swatch in store, then I was less excited; the "purples/plums" didn't have the WOW factor I'd been looking for. So I passed on it at that time, thinking it too subtle for me.

Fast forward several months, and my "new love" is the Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's palette--which is quite subtle and yet very beautiful and flattering on me (fair, neutral leaning cool, mostly white hair, gray eyes that can look green/blue/gray). So rethinking this and poking around online, I found the bareMinerals palette had disappeared. But then someone posted that it was BACK at Ulta. I looked, and yep! So I took a deep breath and bought it. I really wanted to make sure I gave this palette every chance to impress me, so I decided to use it exclusively for several days. Now, the quality of the shadows is stellar. But, even though I don't usually limit myself to using a palette on its own, I do think an expensive palette like this, with 14 shades, should be usable on its own, and able to create more than one or two different looks.

This palette failed on that last test; I forced myself to use only this palette for 4 days, and was able to get only two different (and not that different) looks out of it. The peachy-pinky shades don't show up that way, the purple/plum ones are too brown. The overall looks were more golden than plummy. And only one shade out of 14 (Ensemble) was dark enough for a crease deepener or liner, and it is brown, not plum. Most telling was that by the fourth day, I was dreading "having to" use this palette again. That's when I decided it was going back.

Now, keep in mind I have a LOT of eyeshadow, and have dupes for most of these colors. The more unique ones weren't enough to get me to keep it. If you want a more neutral COOL toned palette, this is a good option (though I prefer the Laura Mercier).

Exposed, matte bone
Fortune, matte nude pink
Shazam, shimmer warm soft pink
Cloud Nine, shimmer pale rose gold
Lure, matte medium mauve
Persuasion, shimmer muted rose
Catalyst, matte muted burgundy with sparkles
Hard to Get, shimmer very pale peachy pink
Indulge, satin very pale cool beige
Waltz, satin very pale cool champagne
Hot Spell, semi matte soft mauve
Mystify, satin deep browned plum
Ensemble, matte dark cool brown
Upgrade, shimmer medium dark cool brown

UPDATE 5/31/18: So, I found this at Nordstrom Rack for $20, and decided it was definitely worth that (rather than the full price of $45. As it turned out, Ulta hadn't applied my coupon to the previous purchase, so I was glad I returned, I thought I'd gotten 20% off). The quality of the shadows is there, it's just that the colors aren't as pinky-plum as expected or desired. I do like some of the lighter, more unique colors and am happy to add this to my stash.

TL;DR: Nice high-quality eyeshadow for subtle looks, but NOT plummy-pink as shades look in pan, more brown; very limited number of looks one can achieve. Returned.

Popular Palettes