Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Hair Mask

Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Hair Mask

4.8

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Stearic Acid, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Tapioca Starch, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is the bomb.com! I have really dry and fine wavy hair which is very brittle. After using this, my hair falls in really beautiful curls. It feels soft - not in the sense that silicone stuff makes it feel but actually moisturised. I will try out more products from this brand as I haven't found anything nearly as good as this i a long time.

on 5/29/2018 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Started the Curly Girl Method with a few tweaks because my hair is more wavy but I want to encourage the curl. Sticking with products that are sulfate and silicone free is not that difficult, as there are a lot of brands to choose from even in stores like Walmart, CVS and Target. That being said, Maui Moisture has been my favorite brand of all of them. The packaging is always cute, the price is reasonable, the scents are divine, and the products work.

This is a fairly thick cream. I use it once a week as a mask after using a clarifying shampoo. Slather it on, tuck my hair (shoulder-length) up into a plastic cap, heat up my conditioning cap and wear it for 30-60 minutes. Rinse out and my hair is soft and happy but not weighed down. Easy-peasy.

I may venture into trying other hair masks, but this one is great and should last me a long time, as I only use about 2 tablespoons each week. Unless you're sensitive to fragrance, I would highly recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Maui Moisture has become pretty much my favourite hair care line recently, which is saying something because in the last few years I have used only salon brands for the most part. On the occasional time when I have tried to save money by getting a drugstore product, I usually end up disappointed, so I was skeptical about this brand at first. But what sold me was the fact that they use aloe juice as the first ingredient rather than water. I'm so glad I tried these products!!
I have fine, thin, fragile hair that has been bleached to hell recently. I used to use volumizing products because my hair is flat and limp, but since I have incurred so much damage (and find that volume products can be drying), I've been focusing on nursing my hair back to life with nourishing products and Olaplex.
That's where this mask came in. I went through an entire tub very quickly as I was using it with every wash, along with the Coconut Milk shampoo. It makes my hair incredibly soft and shiny. And, interestingly, my hair actually has more body and life to it than when I was using volume products - probably because this stuff is actually improving the health of my hair.
I ran out of this tub and bought the Agave version the other day, which I think I prefer. There's a tiny bit of this left at the bottom of the tub, and I've been using it as a leave-in conditioner. Again, amazed that my hair isn't being weighed down flat with this, but I think it's maybe because my hair is so damaged and desperate for moisture.

on 3/1/2018 9:39:00 AM

My hair is chemically-treated (bleached and toned) and short (bob). I've been on the hunt for a deep conditioner for a while and i am NOT convinced that price = quality. I've bought several high-end masks that did not deliver. I've used Maui shampoos and i liked them so i came here and saw that this mask got good reviews so i bought it.
I washed my hair and applied the mask, waited for 15min and then got into the shower. I did not used heat to style my hair. The results? After only 1 use, my hair is noticeably softer and wavier. I don't know how to describe it but the texture has changed, it looks healthier. Bleached hair tends to be straighter and lifeless. This mask has brought back some life into my hair which is a very very good sign!
I will use it twice a week like i did and update my review but the first use is very encouraging. For under 10$, i would say that it is excellent.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Smells amazing and is thick enough to stay on my hair before rinsing. My hair air dried so soft and shiny. I also like that it provides just the right amount of weight to keep the frizz down. Works even better with heat. Will repurchase

on 12/10/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Super hydrating, heavy moisturizing leave in conditioning treatment. I use about about the size of a tablespoon for my hair which is very thick, wavy/curly and quite long, but I still avoid getting this close to the roots otherwise my hair would take another 24 hours to dry if left natural. Because my hair does not require washing for at least 4-5 days this isn’t that heavy for me but it might be for those with fine hair or prone to oiliness. If you fall into the latter category this might be best used as a conditioning mask that is rinsed out afterward. I love the scent of this product and am happy with it. So glad there is a brand that doesn’t use sulphates, silicones, or alcohol in their products - all which are something I avoid for my hair. My only wish is that it was even more hydrating as I still have to use an oil but that’s the curse of the curl I guess...