wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette - Rose in the Air

wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette - Rose in the Air
Color Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette - Rose in the AirColor Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette - Rose in the AirColor Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette - Rose in the AirColor Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette - Rose in the Air

4.3

on 6/11/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Believe the hype. The formulation of these shadows is buttery and rich, and the colors are pigmented as all get out. Someone else said they had an issue with its staying power but that wasn’t the case for me. Outstanding quality at an absurdly low price point.

This palette is a must have!!! It's absolutely perfect in every way! The colors are opaque and blend out beautifully. You also can't go wrong with the price either, it's $5! I did a tutorial with this palette down below if you're interested in seeing how it performs.

on 5/24/2018 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this so much, I can't put it down! I mean to switch my palettes daily but man, I like the looks I get with this one.

The only con I have for this palette at this price point is that the shimmers don't look opaque and foiled. But they are still pretty and usable.

This palette is nicely pigmented, blends well, and the colors are awesome on my NC 42 skintone. The packaging is sturdier than what I have had in the past from wet n wild (and drugstore in general) and the layout of the pans is SO pleasing.

This shadows don't irritate my eyes. And last all day on me on top of my milani eye primer. The thing that most shines here are the medium to deep mattes. They are great. Some of the shadows are more creamy and others more dry, though they all lean slightly dry, but they perform very well on the eyes.

I would totally reccomend. I might just grab all of them honestly. I already have the comfort zone one and that one is great too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just picked this up. I figured it would be a good travel option, I could take it and leave my ABH Modern Renaissance at home. I LOVE the transition shades so so much and the other mattes are such a close dupe to the AHS palette, even the powdery texture. But, the ABH lasts all day, the Wet n Wild does not. This will not be going with me to Italy in the summer, nope, because if I can't get this to last in springtime Canada, these will never last in Italian summer. If longevity doesn't matter, your skin is dry or you don't have a problem with shadows lasting, this is a really excellent dupe. I love that it has so many matte shades, I literally do not use shimmers at all, never. So, the fewer the better. This could also be considered a dupe for the Urban Decay Heat palette.

I LOVE this palette. I just got it and have not been able to put it down. The colors are pigmented (the fushia/purple one needs to be layered a little to get the best payoff) and they blend really nicely together. It seems to be a great dupe for the ABH, from what ive seen online. Definitely worth the $5 and I will be buying a couple back ups i for when i run out!

on 3/17/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am gobsmacked when I read negative reviews for this palette because I am relatively picky when it comes to eyeshadow and think that the formula for these shadows is WONDERFUL--super soft and silky, apply as smooth as a cream shadow, pigmented, and easy to work with. I wear this over either a Milani or WetnWild primer and it lasts from 7 a.m. to when I take it off around 9 p.m. I am NC20 and do think this palette would be most flattering for warm-toned skin.

I have never tried or owned an ABH eye shadow and can't say how this compares to Modern Renaissance but I can definitely say that I prefer this e/s formula to my Urban Decay, Nars, and MAC eyeshadows. I think I have a preference for extra soft shadows because I also remember being obsessed with Benefit's now-discontinued singles and creaseless creams and finding nothing similar.

I use the weird corpse-like light mauvey pink as an all over-color over my primer. I love the orange-toned transition shade and use it in my crease, though I could probably use it as an all-over lid color. I have to say that the light orange, dark orange, and purple red in the top right are the softest and silkiest of the shadows. The light orange is my favorite color as an all-over lid color, and I use the lightest shade as a matte brow highlight. I admit my eyeshadow application is weird in that I both dislike the blended/smokey look and the cut crease look and do a bit of a super subtle/boring cut crease with no liner and no wing. All the formulas are wonderful and last all day.

I love the shape of the pans in the palette, though I admit the closed palette is relatively ugly and cheap looking. For $5 I think this is an incredible palette that out-performs much pricier eye shadows. If you're interested in the colors and prefer a softer and silkier eye shadow formula definitely give it a try.

on 2/26/2018 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't own the other palette this is being compared to. I do own a palette this is very similar and better, I'll get back to that in a minute. For $5.00 ten eyeshadows is a great price and Wet n Wild putting at least two matte crease/transition shade in their new palettes another plus.
The transition colors a neutral and a warm apply well end and blend well they are the stars of the show. There is kick up but no big deal. There is a matte terra-cotta, a rust and muted cranberry and when worn together they can get muddy fast.
Second application I used the cool transition color, the matte rust and the dark brown. That looked better the dark brown needs extra blending.
I used the matte pale lilac on the lid, no pigment. Topped it with the shimmer gold, again this is not pigmented, when wet it improves. I put the cranberry hue on the outer v, blended and it disappeared. Applied more with my finger that was better. This color has to be built up which for a matte means a powdery look.
I also got hard pan on this hue with the second use.
The deal breaker was the fading at about four hours of wear,.( I own on old WnW 6 pan "Vanity" palette that lasts all day.)

Now the other palette I own that is almost a dupe is the ELF mad for matte 2/summer breeze palette. Most of the matte colors I duped with better opacity, blendability, and wear.
The colors that are not in the Elf palette are the gold and brown shimmer and the pastel matte lilac but, those colors don't perform well from Wet n Wild. Summer breeze has a cranberry it's not as red as the the WnW however, it does have a purple and a black. The color selection is just better for $5.00 more it's worth it.
Rose in the Air was a let down for me.

on 12/10/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of Wet n Wild's new palettes, Rose In the Air. If it looks similar to something else you've seen, well it is. It has less colors than the Modern Renaissance palette but the ones it does have are almost exact dupes... so if you have wanted that palette, or have it but would like an affordable alternative, then this one at 4.99 is a steal compared to 43.00 for the ABH Modern Renaissance palette..

They are very pigmented,long lasting, blend like a dream and the colors are very pretty. Packaging of course is typical of all other Wet n Wild palettes, nothing fancy, bare bones, nothing changed, but the price is still 4.99. Fancier packaging, you know the price is going to go up and I think lots of drugstore items are getting up there in price.

Transition colors are marked in case girls can't figure it out. It's nice that the palette's two transition shades are a bit bigger than the others so you won't hit pan on them before the brighter colors.. This palette sold out almost immediately but are back in stock on the website now. I believe they will begin to show up at Ulta and drugstores near the end of December.

Also check out the other new palette, Not A Basic Peach. 5 of the Wet n Wild colors in that palette are VERY similar to the limited edition $48.00 Natasha Denona Aeris palette, I don't have the Aeris palette so I can't swatch and compare but they sure look similar to me.

Popular Palettes