Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

2.4

Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 7/16/2018 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a deluxe size sample from Ulta recently. I liked that it immediately sinks into my skin and doesn't feel greasy. However it doesn't last 72 hours or makes my skin feel hydrated for that long. The name is misleading and I don't like the jar packaging. There are superior options at a much lower price. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and decided to purchase this to keep my face hydrated. It felt odd on my skin and it did not feel moisturized at the end of the day. I still had dry patches. I was hoping for a miracle but it didn’t happen. It has a nice texture and doesn’t go on thick and doesn’t sting. It just didn’t seem to do anything for my skin unfortunately except make it appear a little more glossy after applying. I suggest trying a sample first before making a full purchase like I did to see if this will work for your skin.

on 6/13/2018 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn’t like this at all! The name makes it sound super hydrating but I found that it made my skin feel tight, dry and sticky! Actually it didn’t moisturise my skin whatsoever, I needed to apply another Moisturizer afterward to try and put some moisture back into my skin. I have oily/combo skin which rarely ever feels dry but this product made my skin feel dried out! The product is a lightweight gel and has a nice cool texture. It didn’t irritate my skin or break me out so I guess that’s a plus. The packaging is a heavy glass jar with a metal lid and isn’t really hygienic. I received this as a gift and would not repurchase. I am forcing myself to use the rest of the jar as it is not exactly a cheap product and seeing as it doesn’t irritate my skin or break me out, I don’t mind using it but I absolutely need to apply another moisturiser on top of it every time I use it. I really can’t understand how anyone can love this product or how anyone finds it hydrating!

on 6/12/2018 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this gel doesn't hydrate at all. and my skin looks even more shiny after applying this! very dissapointed. what a waste.

on 6/7/2018 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Best moisturizer I’ve ever tried. Especially for those dry spots at the crease of my nose. My skin gets a surge of moisture after application plus makeup actually applies a bit better. I really like gel moisturizers because they don’t feel greasy. And a little goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Got the tiny little travel jar to try because I am hesitant to spring for a bigger jar. Glad I got the tiny because this variation of moisture surge doesn’t do anything for my super dry skin. It’s more like 72 minutes of hydration. The Intense version works waaay better. Sometimes it also burns a little bit too when I put it on.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have enjoyed using this product. I am 47 and I have normal to oily skin. This product adds the right amount of moisture to my skincare regimen. It has smoothed and brightened my skin. I have no problem wearing it under my foundation. My skin looks dewy all day. I feel that in the long run, it will keep my skin looking more youthful and smooth, based on the results I see daily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Oh dear, I did not like this moisturiser one bit. I have oily but dehydrated skin, prone to clogged pores.
Almost as soon as I put this on, my whole face felt horribly dry and stiff and tight, and just devoid of any moisture. It left a really horrible film - my skin kind of dragged whenever I ran my hand over it, it was a strange feeling. After a few applications I noticed an increase in closed comedones and I started getting some pimples. My skin was also becoming more and more dry and dehydrated.
All I can say is that I’m glad I got the smallest size! I would not recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Clinique has to update their packaging and switch to hygienic tubes or pump dispensers. I did not find this to moisturize for 72 hours. It contains mostly some humectants ( glycerin) and silicones. I think this could be useful for combination to oily skin types. This perfomed like a light weight moisturizer for about 8 -12 hours on my dry skin. Some days it seemed to actually be making my dry skin feel drier.

on 4/14/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had very high hopes for this new addition to the highly prized Moisture Surge range. Sadly it progressively. as i continued to utilize this cream my skin became very congested and dry. I am sure its with all the silicone's in this formula. 72 hours auto replenishing hydrator is just marketing hype. With Trisiloxane, Dimethicone in the top five listed combined with sucrose and caffeine ingredients need one say any more!
Just watch the video

We all know what caffeine does, it is an diuretic ! and bacteria needs Sucrose to survive

I have had to use an 80% lactic acid peel to unclog my congested pores. Clinique really should know better, plus why is this company still packaging some products in jars ? Come on get your act on Clinique !