L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick

3.4

on 7/22/2018 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'd buy this again if I hit a really good sale or saw a shade I really needed to have. I purchased the Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Dose of Cocoa. This was one of the shades featured in the chocolate scented line although the Pro Matte line does have other shades that aren't scented.

The cocoa shade itself leans somewhat towards being more of a nude skin tone, but it is nice and doesn't lean too warm for those who have neutral to cool skin tones but want a nude lip. The chocolate/cocoa scent is not super strong, pleasant enough and it does fade quickly once applied. For a liquid matte lipstick, the L'Oreal Infallible is not as drying as other drugstore liquid lipsticks (like NYX), but it doesn't seem to have the same staying power as a drugstore NYX. Staying power on the L'Oreal is decent, but it's not going to get you through the whole day and it breaks down more after eating or drinking (particularly hot beverages like coffee). The applicator is a little reminiscent of my HG liquid lipsticks from Smashbox but feels slightly flimsier compared to the Smashbox wand - but L'Oreal Infallible is just $10 while Smashbox is $24.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the color Box o chocolate. Thr color on me is a perfect brownish nude. It is very flattering, but some of the colors can be dark. find swatches online before purchasing. I small plastic frosty container is quite pretty and lightweight. I love the applicator, really makes applying easy. Make sure to clean up any mistakes quickly.

This is very sticky, but becomes matte as it dries down. It can takes 5 minutes to dry. It does have chocolate smell from my childhood, very nostalgic.

I really like this liquid lip and does not feel drying like other liquid lips.

But on me once this dried, my lips started to burn. I will not repurchase, but will return.

This is also very hard to remove.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a gift from my husband and I really wish I loved it but I don’t. My main issue is the shade. He bought me Shake Down, which through the frosted matte tube appears to be a brown-pin. Once the wand is removed from he open tube, the shade looks a good 2 shades darker, and on the lips it looks at least 3-4 shades darker and much more brown toned. It is way too dark for my fair skin and so, I am unlikely to wear it. Such a shame. So, my big complaint is the deceiving packaging (frost-matte, & shade doesn’t appear accurately). This shade would look very lovely on a dark skin tone. I really like the shade for a piece of clothing, but not for lipstick on me.

It applies smoothly and is very pigmented, 1-2 swipes is enough. I wouldn’t say that it is really matte, though the finish is a nice mix between glossy and matte. The doe foot applicator is soft and comfortable but I think a little too large or bouncy to give an easy and exacting application. The pointed tip of the doe foot works for corners of the mouth but is awkward for the cupid’s bow area. The feel is rather light and comfortable but sticky... why is it sticky? It doesn’t seem to feel like it has dried down, even though it doesn’t transfer much (onto a glass, for example). It feels a little bit drying on my lips (but I do usually much prefer a hydrating lip product). When eating something with an oil, it remains on the lips well, just wearing away between the lips. For a long wearing lipstick, I am impressed with the formula but the range of shades disappoints me (as there is not much for a light to medium shade suiting fair yellow/neutral skins), as does the inability to tell the actual shade from the packaging.

packaging is great, love the applicator, i have the shade nudist i was on the hunt for these when they first launched sometime in the summer/fall the formula is smooth on application but after 2 hours or so of wear, my lips were very dry. yes i know its a liquid lipstick and matte, and it’s typical of these products, but i have others that aren’t as drying as these are. side note, i prefer the gloss version of these, the pro matte gloss, and for me that fornula lasts almost as long as this one does

on 12/9/2017 10:55:00 AM

This is my favourite liquid lipstick formula! I have the shades 360 Angora, 364 Milk and Cookies, 362 Plum Bum, 352 Shake Down, and 358 Cowboy. They all perform the same and I highly recommend you check them out.

APPLICATION: The product goes on smooth, even, and opaque in one coat. It is creamy and has a bit of thickness to it, unlike some other liquid lipsticks. It dries within 1-2 minutes, but retains a slight bit of tackiness for the first hour or so.

WEAR: This feels great on the lips. It's not drying, and it seems to provide a slight bit of moisture to the lips. It feels comfortable all throughout the day. There is some wear on the very inner parts of the lips if you eat, but otherwise it does not fade or crack or otherwise come off the lips until you intentionally remove it. It's the best wearing liquid lipstick I've tried.