MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil - Ruby

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A month or so back, as my MAC Select "anniversary" gift, I selected one of these in the shade Pleasant (review is under Lipsticks, though on MAC's site, these are grouped with the lip glosses). When I visited MAC a week or two later, the SA said I was entitled to a free Patentpolish. I explained to her that I'd already received one for free but she said my "account" showed I was still entitled to one. I did try to explain again that I'd received one and didn't want to get something for free that I wasn't entitled to but she sort of insisted. So this time, I chose the shade "Ruby". It's a very nice gloss - not quite as pigmented or noticeable as Pleasant but still a really nice shade and a nice gloss to wear. What I really like about these is that they are so quick and easy to apply "on the fly" - I don't even need a mirror and can swipe them on whenever I need them. In some ways, they remind me of the Hourglass Girl Lip Stylos although they cost a fraction of the price. The Lip Stylos are somewhat more pigmented but wear time is similar and those puppies are pricey (and I have been trying to avoid Hourglass because of their rip-off Holiday pricing over the past years). I don't know that I'd pay full price for these MAC glosses either, ($24 in Canada) but I really do like them.