Queen Helene Extra Firm Hold Styling Gel

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 12/6/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've started the Curly Girl method and this was one of the products a YouTuber used so I gave it a shot.

I found this at Walmart. Comes in a huge 20 oz. tube for something like $4.00, so it was super cheap.

The gel itself is clear and thick. There is a strong artificial odor that doesn't bother me, but it could irritate others. I love that this is alcohol and silicone free.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I apply a leave-in conditioner to my wet hair, and then this product. I only use about a quarter-sized blob for my hair, which is just past shoulder-length. Smooth on with "praying hands" and then scrunch. Let air-dry to form the "crystal cast" and then "scrunch out the crunch".

The packaging is basic and practical. I like that the tube is clear so you can easily see how much product is left. It stands on the cap, so the gel stays down where you need it to come out of the tube. The only thing I don't like is that you have to be careful or product will come out while you're unsnapping the cap and it may be more than you want to use. Not a big deal, though.

This is strong enough to hold a curl but not heavy enough to weigh down my hair. For the amount you get, the price is rock bottom awesome. I like it and would probably repurchase, if I ever run out.