Nature Republic Wild Mascara, Curling

Nature Republic Wild Mascara, Curling

1 review

on 12/5/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this mascara when I was in Korea. I generally want my lashes to be full and long, but not clumped together. I din't know what to expect from this mascara, as it has fibers in it. I suppose I thought that would for sure help to make my shorter, quite sparse lashes to be full. It doesn't really have that effect though...

This is quite a thin formula, with a good amount of fiber - not the clumped together fiber though, but the straight, thin type of fiber. Used by itself, this mascara left my lashes thin and spider-like - not a good look. On top of that, the fibers in this are SO SHARP - like fiber glass! When I got some of them in my eye - holy s***, it hurt bad! The fibers are not only sharp, but also really thin, so when you get some in your eye, you can't even see where it it, which makes it difficult to remove. I would not recommend this to people that can't see well at short distances, as the fibers are thin, and you really need to keep track of where they are on the mascara brush. This mascara also doesn't really curl, despite its name.

Why do I rate this mascara so highly, regardless of the result I got? This works great for me when I combine it with any mascaras that give volume. Basically, I only use this mascara to elongate the tips of my lashes. First, I apply a volumizing mascara, which leaves my lashes full, but, in general, not long. Then I apply the Wild Mascara from the middle of my lashes and out. That way, the fibers don't get into my eyes, but give me elongated, separated lashes. The narrow mascara brush in this makes the application easy for me.

This mascara doesn't smudge or flake on me during the day, and when used as I've described, it's possible to get it off the eyes later without getting the fibers into my eye. The fibers don't migrate into my eyes during the day, and don't clump together. I find it very much easier to use a mascara with fibers in it rather than loose fibers that then have to be coated with mascara, as I find that those types of products result in clumpy lashes on me. I would totally understand if someone else didn't want to try this because of the sharp fibers, but I have figured out a way to use it that works for me.