Paula's Choice Rehydrating Moisture Mask

Paula's Choice Rehydrating Moisture Mask

3.3

Not tested on animals

This mask frustrates me so much!!
It makes my skin feel and look great. Provides good hydration without fragrance or being heavy. The BIG annoyance to me is that it pills up in really weird stringy pieces all over my face!! I've tried various methods to apply this mask and every flippin' time, it does the exact same thing. Unfortunately due to this, I have to rinse it off which obviously means I'm not reaping all of the benefits. I'm baffled as why this mask does this?! I really hope the brand takes customers comments into consideration and removes whatever ingredient is making it pill. From previous reviews it seems a common problem. I'll maybe have better luck with the Skin Recovery mask.

on 1/20/2019 6:48:00 PM

This is a product that I initially gave a 2 lippie rating back in March of 2018. I've come to like the product very much as a hydrating moisturizer when my skin gets irritated from prescription Retin-A. It's hydrating and non-irritating for when my skin peels when I've overdone my Retin-A. I still dislike the fact that it pills terribly but when I just put on a good layer of it without rubbing it in, it works really well. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 because of the pilling. I have purchased a second tube.

My original review from March 2018:
Like many, I've been using and loving PC's skin care for many, many years....since she first introduced it. This might be one of the first products from them that's going in the garbage because returning it from Canada just doesn't make sense. I find it doesn't do that much as a mask so I thought I would leave it on as the last step in my evening routine. The problem is, that on my skin, this pills terribly. I understand that as a mask you should apply a thicker layer and not touch it but I can barely get it on before it starts coming off in large rolling bits. Terrible. It might not play well with the rest of my PC products or it could be my skin chemistry. Usually when this happens with a face product I use it up on my hands and arms but not matter how thin a layer I put on it pills off. Even on my clean arm skin with no products underneath and I'm not even trying to rub it in. I would far rather stick to a slightly thicker layer of the Resist Intensive Repair Cream for Dry to Very Dry Skin which also contains more beneficial products. I feel like this mask was a response to consumer demand because of the recent "trend" towards the addition of masks to a skin routine which I fell for, but I've learned that for me, it really isn't necessary.

on 4/18/2018 5:09:00 AM

I think this works as a nice, unscented night cream. Personally, I don't see the point of rinse-off moisture masks and would simply leave it on overnight. I purchased a sample packet of this and got 3 uses out of it for my face and neck.

on 4/6/2018 6:29:00 AM

It did nothing, but it didn't make me break out either. On my skin, this pills. Surprise, surprise as I was looking forward to practising the facial massage I just learned, I had mask bits all over. But it pills without massage as well. You need to put in on and not touch it after. It absorbed quickly, no sticky mess. I experimented with/without additional HA-serum/moisturiser. I slept in it several times as it's recommended. No effect to be seen in the morning what so ever. Now I use it on my hands, seems to work better there (maybe).

on 2/27/2018 2:20:00 PM

This is an excellent mask that I use as a night cream, maybe 3 times a week,although you could use it more or less.I see no need to rinse it off, it just seems wasteful to me.Full of beneficial ingredients and no alcohol or fragrance, a must for me.When you rinse this off in the morning , you can feel it's still there, even though it absorbs well,it has been hydrating the skin throughout the night.I used to use the radiance renewal mask which is also excellent.(see my review)That one has niacinimide .The radiance renewal is so much more expensive though.If you are missing the niacinimide, you could add a few drops of the PC niacinimide booster to the hydrating mask,or as a cheaper option use The Ordinary niacinimide.I don't really see the point in paying the extra for the radiance renewal anymore, as here's an excellent mask a LOT cheaper.This is certainly one I will be buying a lot in the future.It just has that oomph that ordinary moisturisers just don't have.I would say that most skin types could use this as although rich and hydrating ,it is not at all greasy and absorbs well.Vey happy with this.

on 1/26/2018 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’ve tried this mask, and it is a big fail for me, which is surprising considering I typically like Paula’s Choice products (even those I can’t use due to irritation I tend to like). The first time I used the mask, I didn’t find my skin to be moisturized, so I thought that maybe I didn’t use a thick enough layer. I applied a very generous layer the second time, and, nope, nothing. The mask didn’t harm my skin; it’s just it did nothing to my skin. The reviewer belower me uses the mask to “seal in” her toner and other skin products, but I don’t need that. PC’s Radiance Renewal Mask does that PLUS makes my skin look glowing from niacinamide and other brightening ingredients. I just need to find an intensely moisturizing mask now.

on 12/4/2017 11:33:00 PM

The new Paula's Choice Skincare Rehydrating Moisture Mask is becoming a new favorite mask to use both overnight and as a rinse off pep-me-up. I love using this at the end of my skincare routine before bed. After I apply my toner, serums, retinol treatments, then I layer this on top of all those to help seal in all the beneficial ingredients and help my skin maintain it's moisture throughout the night. This has numerous emollients, oils, and other moisturizing ingredients but none of the fragrance. Definitely a winner for dry skin. If you have more oily skin perhaps using this during the winter or if your skin gets dry from other face treatments (like retinol) will help during those dry times. My More detailed review can be seen here: