2.1

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

I will admit that I purchased this product from a link on Facebook. I was intriqued by the various causes it purportedly supports and the packaging is unique. I did not do my due diligence researching the product. The disappointment is real. The colors are in no way even a close approximation of the swatches found online. They are flat and garish. Coral Reef: Orange, not coral. Wildflower: Bubble gum pink Foxy: pink candy taffy Southern Red: Non-dimensional bright red If the texture were pleasing I would use them with a gloss or second topcoat to neutralize the neon hues...but the texture is gummy and feels sticky and heavy. It's unlikely that it will feather but that doesn't matter at this point. The insult to the injury to my pocketbook is there is essentially no customer service and returns are not accepted. I wrote an honest assessment review on their website and it has never appeared. Beware of a company that posts only 5 star reviews! Live and learn!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0
from

2 years ago

I purchased TICKLED PINK lipstick ny Color the World. In the photos it is very pink and gives total coverage In reality it is lighter and does not give good coverage. Even after 2 app;ications I can see ,y lips through it and the color is very weak on my lips. It is very smooth and moist. I will not buy again. I do love the packaging.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairSilver

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

Don't be fooled by all the hype about this lipstick! Not only did they mis-represent the shade I chose on their web site, their customer service is awful! Someone probably making this lipstick out of their garage, I would guess. They offer NO returns, even for something that I say is 100% their fault. I took one look at the shade I received and knew right away, I would never wear something this Like this. The color they said was 'beige-gold' is actually an awful orangey-shimmer. It would have been nice to receive an apology but not one word from them despite sending an email and a facebook posting (which they surely deleted) At the very least, they could offer to re-write this shade description to 'orange shimmer' and be honest about it. Just most disappointing and wrong!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have huntress and southern red. I wear huntress all the time. It is the perfect nude for me. It is sort of a cream satin finish. It is not too shiny or too matte.I like that these are natural and cruelty free. A portion of profits go to charity as well. I love these. Each color has a differant tu be and charity it represents. Update My mom gave me kisses as it is shows too light on her lips. I like it a lot. It is lighter than huntress. I actually use it as a blush as well.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I saw this advertized on Facebook, and had to try it. I can't believe there are no reviews listed here, on this lipstick. It is a cruelty free, non toxic, vegan lipstick. Each shade, is connected to a charity, such as breast cancer, finding dogs a home, Alzheimers awareness, etc. I love that! The packaging, is an adorable, earth friendly,cardboard. The colors? Spectacular! They are rich, rich colors, with a creamy and long lasting formula, that leaves a color, similar to a lip stain, after the top part wears off.I love the 4 that I bought, but my favorite is called Dragonfruit. It is a fuschia, and normally I stay away from pinks, but this one works for me,like a charm. I love these, so much, I will be buying more, and they have bundle specials. We need to be thinking about what we are putting on our lips, when it comes to safety. I no longer want any of the chemicals that are put in lip products, going on my lips. This is a safer product for us, and the animals too. And I'm all about that!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

2 years ago

As much as I like to look good, doing good makes me feel gorgeous. Indy brand Color My World does all of that and more. All lipsticks are hand poured, vegan, natural, cruelty free and unscented. In addition to all of that a percentage of the sale price is donated to the charity associated with the color. I purchased the following: Huntress: This lipstick's charity is "Give a dog a forever home" and it is contained in a aqua with white scottie dogs printed tube. I'm a dog (and cat) lover but I really love this color, too. I needed a fairly neutral pink lipstick that was neither cotton candy/bubblegum pink or bandaid toned peach pink. Many complain they are on a mission to find their perfect red, for me the challenge was finding my perfect pink. My search is quite possibly over. The finish is satin matte with a substantive balm like texture, but, this is not casual balm feeling. I line my lips and apply a Becca primer so all my lip product experience extended wear. This didn't oxidize, settle into lines or bleed. The color is light/medium and will be perfect for warm weather wear. Southern Red: This lipstick's charity is "Conserve The Rain Forest" and it is contained in a green leaf on white patterned tube. Here I believe I found my favorite red. Ever. This is the same texture as Huntress but what I really love is this layers so beautifully. I initially applied this sheerly for late afternoon shopping but for date night built up the intensity and boy was I impressed. Red can be vampy, trashy, hard and intense. This red is youthful and very neutral. My chemistry seems to oxidize red into very cool blue reds which I don't care for. With this my teeth look white but the coolness is subtle and any yellow warms my face. In the tube this looks like a generic red but depending on your lip tone the color will customize. Usual price is $22 each. I took the black friday deal: 50% off, free shipping. Glad I did as I will surely return. My only gripe is I'm not keen on the low budget/juvenile cardboard tube packaging with individual whimsical prints. But, understanding the company's mission this makes sense. If doing good is part of looking good please patronize this company. The color selection is very impressive, too.

About reviewer (370 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Neutral