2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I am very surprised by the negative reviews here. I bought the neutrals bundle about four months ago, and now own 8 of these lipsticks. They feel better than any lipstick I've tried, and I own over 50 lipsticks. They are creamy with a wonderful finish. My favorite right now is Cashmere, which is a perfect MLBB for me. GNO is the only red I can wear, since other lipsticks feather around my mouth. I can't speak to their customer service, as I've never had to use it. But as far as cost, they are not expensive. There are always sales. RIght now, with the sale going on, each lipstick is $13.00. Maybe I've been lucky, but I like every color I have. In addition to the Neutrals bundle, I have Flawless and Independent, which work as pinkish MLBB for me.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry

a year ago

The lipsticks look nothing like the picture on their website. Stupid me for trying to buy lipsticks online. Now I have four lipsticks from Color the World that I absolutely hate and looks terrible on me.

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

The lipsticks themselves are pretty, but lighter in person. They don't last at all. Put them on, have some tea, and all the color is completely gone (even with their primer). BUT--worse than that is the company itself. They have no phone number and do not respond to email. After many emails I finally posted on their Facebook page. The result? They disabled my ability to post on their site, including comments or anything. If you get a broken lipstick, you're out of luck. And, of course, they deleted my comments (not before many others posted under my remarks with the same complaints). I called Paypal today, and thankfully they have taken over now. Moral of the story: Get away from this company as soon as you can. If you want to waste money, you can find something more fun than this company.

SkinNormal, Medium

a year ago

The color is nothing like what was shown on the facebook ad. It has almost no coverage. Now I am stuck with an expensive lipstick I can't use. I have vowed once again to never buy anything on facebook. Strangely enough the ad is no longer appearing on my posts so I can't warn my friends. Hmmm, coincidence?

SkinOther, Fair

HairSilver

a year ago

Color does not look anything like on website. Did not realize no return or exchange. Will NEVER buy again. Shame on them. And BTW I buy tons of lipsticks. Could have been profitable for them!

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I wish I had found this website with the reviews for Color The World lipsticks. It would have saved my $45.00. The website is deceptive. The lipsticks appear much darker than they are on the website. All the lipsticks I ordered I can't even see them when I put them on. Total waste of money!

SkinDry, Fair

HairGrey

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Packaging is cute.Lipstick was moisturizing, Any company that #1-doesn't show all reviews negative or positive is hiding something.I purchased 3 lipsticks .I wrote two negative reviews on color swatches.They didn't post any of them.Every review they show is only positive. #2-Lipstick doesn't last.These are more of a lip stain.Very flat looking . #3-They have swatches of lips that they show you for color choices.NONE of them look like the actual colors.They all have an orange undertone.Wildflower is a very light pink/coral.Sunset is a medium pink /coral and flirt is a red/coral.They offer no phone number,no returns and no help on choosing a color.All the garbage they tell you about cool and warm is garbage.I think their only base color is orange. Save your money if you are truly looking for a lipstick.If you are looking for a stain maybe wait for a sale and try one of these.I would not repurchase.

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I wish I had know about your site before I fell for the hype on the Color the World site as seen on Facebook. I thought I'd give it a try....moisturizing, stays on all day and doesn't bleed. Well, it's drying, doesn't last and I've never had any lipstick bleed ever! until I tried this one! I sent an e-mail to the company with my opinion and was told they do not give refunds or take returns. Not a good product or company to deal with...take heed! I gave overall rating and packaging one lipstick hoping that means awful! Too expensive..the cheap stuff is better.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I do not typically write reviews on any products, but feel this company is taking advantage of customers by not being honest about the actual lipstick shades and quality of this product. Colors are not at all what they appear to be in the pictures. I am very disappointed in the quality of this "lipstick" which is really nothing more than colored lip balm. I could have had the same result buying a tube of Burt's Bees lip balm!! I ordered the Sunday Bundle and two of the colors are so orange that I cannot wear them - they looked pink in the photos and my coloring is such that I cannot wear peach/orange shades. Total waste of money and those two tubes will end up in the garbage. Dragon Fruit is ok as a PALE pink, but looks nothing like it did on the model in the ad and turns orange on me as it wears off. The lipstick is moisturizing, but that's the only good thing I have to say about it. It's very hard to blot enough of it off so it does not leave a waxy mark after drinking from a glass, while leaving enough on to look like you're wearing a color. My lips are very smooth with no dryness, yet this lipstick flakes in the tube like a crayon and forms a "stringy type" substance on my lips after being on for a very short time. I am extremely disappointed and would never recommend this company or purchase any products from Color World in the future. I don't buy personal items online and this has cured me of ever doing it again. The fact that there is not one negative review on their website should have been a huge red flag to me, but I did not pay attention to that before I ordered. Expensive lesson learned!

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

Do not be fooled by all the hype on these lipsticks, nor all the5 star ratings on Color the World lipstick website. I purchased the lip moisturizer and one lipstick. The moisture broke in half the very first time I used it and fell out of the cardboard tube! No, I didn’t use force applying it. The lipstick is ok at best. It is smooth and non drying. The color does not last long. My current natural/mineral lipstick is by far better in smoothness, moisture, and color retention. Learned my lesson in being taken in by hype.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium