2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

False advertising!! Lipstick feathers and comes in cardboard containers. There are NO exchanges or returns. Do not purchase, you will be disappointed!

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

a year ago

I'm on the fence with this one. I love the colors but the lipstick doesn't stay on long and it seems to dry out after I've had it on for about 2-3 hours.

SkinOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Nope, not for me. I don't like the fact that the packages are made of cardboard, and the lipsticks themselves had NO longevity on my lips. I also found that they were somewhat drying, despite being a more balmy lipstick. Also, I tend to agree with others that the shades posted online were not representative of what I received. Two of the three lipsticks I bought are completely unusable, because of the color difference.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Would not buy again. Packaged in cardboard. There are 2 issues that made my mind up that i won't buy again. I purchased a 5 pack and like only 2 colors. Also, having worn lipstick for 50 years I have never had the rebounding effect with anything I put on my lips but chapstick. These lipsticks are very moist, slippery, creamy when applied but when they wear off in couple hours my lips are left feeling even drier with a need to recoat. If I apply the lipstick and leave home and my lips start feeling dry I start to lick them resulting in dryer lips. Must take along to recoat constantly. Like other reviewers here I should have ordered one but there so many reviews on their site I felt they had to be the best. Not so. Drug store brands are better. Colors weren't as described or shown. Totally disappointed

SkinCombination, Other

a year ago

I’m a huge fan of these lipsticks and have purchased 5+ so far. My very favorite is “Pretty N’ Pink”. I love that it’s smooth, creamy, not sticky, and it keeps my lips mositurized unlike some of the extended wear brands. It doesn’t settle or bleed into the fine lines around my lips and I never need a lip liner! If you haven’t given CTW a try yet, I'm pleased to say my lipsticks are exactly the color I saw on the screen and the packaging is even prettier in person!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

Lipsticks they are not! More like a balm and colors are sooooo different than the online colors. They also have a no return policy buried way down on their website. Save your money!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

a year ago

Ok, so I'm seeing a bunch of negative reviews here - I guess it's good that I bought the lipsticks before I read the reviews because I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. So, I am a lipstick junkie. I probably own at least 50 lipsticks from Dept store to "natural" indie brands. I am also now past 60 and have really dry lips and when I saw the FB ads for this brand claiming they were made with "age" in mind, hey! I was tempted. So now the meat of the review. Do I like these lippies? For the most part, yes. NO fragrance. NO taste. Those are biggies for me. I hate fruit/candy flavored lipsticks, or lipsticks that taste like soap or rancid oil. And unless it's mint, I don't want to smell lipsticks either. So two thumbs (or 5 lippies) on that regard. So now, how is the color? I've found most of the colors I've ordered work for me. A few work really, really, well. My fave is "Irresistible" , which is a darker YLBB shade on me. I love the little bit of shimmer and I'd buy this one again. Today I'm wearing Southern Red and it looks fine. Actually, there were only 2 colors that didn't work for me and both were peach or coral and I've never really been able to wear those colors, so that was my poor choice (or trying to make something work that isnt going to work). I wish that CTW offered more shimmer shades as I find those more flattering than creme . Also, don't pay full price for these lippies - wait until they are on sale or you have a coupon. The packaging is cute but I don't know how long it will hold up if jostled in a handbag. If this company was really "thinking" they'd offer a shade sampler pack so women would be able to pick the right colors and not waste money on a lipstick they won't wear. Hiding negative reviews and poor customer service isn't going to do them any favors either. So in a nutshell; I like these lippies better than most drugstore lipsticks but they are not really going to compete with Lancome, Dior, or Chanel, but then again, they're also much more affordable. Would I recommend these lippies? Only if you're willing to roll the dice and take a chance at not liking the color and not be really upset if it didn't work for you. With no samples and the variations of computer/cell phone screens, your gonna pay your money and takes your chances with this one.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

I bought two... one was coral and the other plum. The coral one is a pale pale pink and I gave it to my 5 year old grand daughter to play with.. the plum one arrived HOT PINK. The colors on the internet are not even close to what arrived. I contacted them 5 times via email to ask to return the one that I did not use because it is HOT PINK and they have not responded since my first email a week ago. POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

EyesGreen

a year ago

I saw this lipstick, in the color Dreamer, featured on a Instagram ad and bought it mainly because I really liked the lipstick tube picture and I didn't already have a decent purplish lipstick so I thought I would give it a try. I did read the reviews on their website which were glowing and it was on sale with free shipping. Then I saw the reviews here and was nervous, but I was very pleasantly surprised and after wearing it one day, liked it enough to purchase a second one, Southern Red. Now I'll admit that both of those colors aren't exactly perfect on their own, but I have that issue with most lipsticks. Reds tend to read orange on me, but with both colors, using a little lighter hand made the color more appealing and I found that layering them together gives me a nice berry shade. I wanted to post my review here because I really do like them and WANT to wear them because of how they feel and how they wear. To me they have a more matte look but are not drying. They wear through eating and drinking well because they wear evenly and leave a bit of a stain. I appreciate supporting a cause and I love the tubes, however I'm not sure how well they will last. They appear to be cardboard with a wax coating so I'm wondering what will happen if they get wet, but when I get lipstick on them, it wipes right off. My only regret is that I didn't buy a bundle because I would like to have one or two more. I'm thinking about buying a larger bundle and perhaps passing some along to friends and daughters as gifts.

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesBrown

a year ago

I also saw these on fb. I bought one of their packs. I prefer a moisturizing lipstick. These did not feel comfortable on - too drying. None of the colors were flattering either. I gave them to my daughter, but she never wears them. Total waste of money. Should have checked here first.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral