L'Oreal Infallible nail polish duo

Price: $

on 12/2/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I’ve tried these nail polishes in 4 different shades and still don’t know what to make of them.

I found them for £1 on cosmetics fairy and thought they looked interesting, with the step 1 bottle of nail colour and the step 2 tinted top coats.

I chose 3 pastel shades in irresistible bonbon (a pale pink). Forever peppermint (mint green) and stay nue (a peachy nude colour)

The other shade I tried was a deep electric violet called iconic indigo.

The pastel shades ALL went streaky when I applied the step 2 top coat. I don’t know if I wasn’t putting down a thick enough layer of colour to start with. I I did try to apply as thick a layer as I could manage of the step 1 colour, which was difficult to begin with as these nail polishes are very runny.

I also found the depth of colour in the pastel shades left a lot to be desired so even with a thick first coat, they were translucent. I ended applying 4 layers of nail polish in all 3 cases, repeating steps 1 and 2 because the clear coat helped to set the varnish underneath and offset the streakiness in preparation for the second layer of colour.

If you’re confused by the description of how I applied this nail polish I’m not surprised. I tried all kinds of methods, with these polishes, even curing them with a UV lamp.

The dark purple on the other hand was easier to apply, as it was thicker and the colour clung to the nail better. I still managed to smudge one nail after applying the clear top coat as it takes SO LONG to dry and remains pliable and soft for a good 10 minutes after the surface of top coat has dried.

Perhaps I just wasn’t being patient enough with these nail varnish duos but you can watch me try out stay nue here:

Just search for Ayish Zone on YouTube x