It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Full Coverage Treatment Concealer

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Full Coverage Treatment Concealer

on 1/20/2018 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become my favorite concealer for covering the occasional annoying zit that inevitably pops up to spoil important events such as weddings or job interviews.

Bye Bye Breakout has a wand applicator with a doe's foot sponge tip. The tiny bottle contains only 0.39 ounces of product and the price is $28. However, it's been worth the splurge for me.

The first time I tried it, I had one stubborn spot on my chin and was going to be photographed. Shuddering to think that the blemish would be immortalized in family pictures, I bought this. It worked better for me than my usual MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer (the cream in the flip-top clamshell pot). This is a full coverage concealer that does a great job of camouflaging the blemish. Here's why I feel that it performed better than my MAC concealer - it did not make the area around the spot look cracked or scaly or flaky. The nasty little volcano was not visible in the photos. When I removed my makeup at the end of the day I was happy to see that the zit had shrunk. It was not completely gone but it was a definite improvement.

I've continued to use Bye Bye Breakout as needed. I don't have as many breakouts as I did in my teen years due to the fact that my skin produces less oil than it used to and I'm diligent about skin care. But when I have to reach for this concealer, I'm really pleased with how well this covers up acne and treats it at the same time. Not a cure-all, but worth the money, in my opinion.

I chose the lightest color, Fair. For reference, here are some of the foundation colors I wear in case that helps you determine your shade: NC20 in MAC, Sand in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (the original liquid, not the newer Long-Wear version), Y225 in Make Up For Ever HD, Beige 10 in Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet, and 52 Vanille in Bourjois Healthy Mix.

A word of caution:

Because this has acne-fighting agents in it, it is only for covering up blemishes and is not intended for use around the eyes.

Ingredients as listed on It Cosmetics Website:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA/WATER/EAU, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, SILICA, PROPANEDIOL, DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE, POLYSILICONE-11, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, METHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF WATER, ZINC OXIDE, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, GENTIANA LUTEA ROOT EXTRACT, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM (SUGAR CANE) EXTRACT, LITHOSPERMUM ERYTHRORHIZON ROOT EXTRACT, COLLOIDAL OATMEAL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCOLIC ACID, SALICYLIC ACID, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, KAOLIN, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, HYDROLYZED SILK, ACETYL OCTAPEPTIDE-3, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8, SULFUR, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, BETA-GLUCAN, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) LEAF EXTRACT, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT, MENTHA VIRIDIS (SPEARMINT) LEAF EXTRACT, CURCUMA LONGA (TURMERIC) ROOT EXTRACT, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, TRIBEHENIN, CERAMIDE NG, PEG-10 RAPESEED STEROL, PALMITOYL HEXAPEPTIDE-12, STEARETH-20, N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE, CHRYSIN, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7, MAGNOLIA ACUMINATA BARK EXTRACT, CHRYSANTHEMUM PARTHENIUM (FEVERFEW) EXTRACT, AGARICUS BISPORUS EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, [+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)].

on 11/28/2017 11:27:00 AM

I have been looking forever for an acne concealer that has good ingredients. Most of them (like Clinique's) are just like regular concealers with no treatment ingredients. This has salicylic acid, tea tree oil and drying agents like sulfur. It has great packaging--a little bottle with a wand that gives precise application so you don't lose too much product. it also comes in several colors and is not too thick (but can be layered) so it doesn't look obvious. Only drawback it's pricey--but wait for sales.