Kat Von D Lolita Eyeshadow Palette

Kat Von D Lolita Eyeshadow Palette

on 1/28/2019 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I admit that I wanted this at first sight. Then, a couple of online reviews saying it was hard to work with made me pause. Thinking about it again, I decided I'd like to see it in person before buying. When I did (at Sephora), that confirmed my first impulse. I'm fair, neutral-cool, and was just a bit concerned that this would be "too much"... even though I'm no shrinking violet when it comes to eyeshadow (another recent purchase being Huda Emerald). I can wear pink on my eyes, but even I need to watch the intensity to make sure I don't go into "sick rabbit" territory. That said, I haven't found any of these shades to be an intense bright pink; I do have many of those.

I love this palette much more than I thought I would. Just as one would hope/expect, the lighter shades are less dense, and the darker ones have great authority. I love using eterno as liner, and a deepener for the outer V and crease. I don't do all-matte eyes, so I use this with various other shimmers and metallics. Especially suited are pink-based shades: rose golds (think Tarte Dame), Ulta Beauty Junkie, Anastasia Pink Champagne. Oh, and while I've used a variety of pale pinky shimmers for the brow highlight, one that's particularly wonderful is KVD Thunderstruck. (Or Ittse Pink Pearl, a pale pink shimmer with golden pearl.)

on 1/16/2019 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I ordered this palette vs. Naked Cherry, or any other brand in these tones, because not only were they matte, the shades themselves appealed to me more. I am so very glad I chose this palette.

Every single color is pigment packed, buttery soft, blendable, buildable, scrumptious eyeshadow. Yes, there’s some fallout which is easily remedied by a quick tap of the brush before applying. The colors work so well for me and last all day.

Well done, Kat.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love this palette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the eye shadow palette OF MY DREAMS, one that I’ve been waiting for a cosmetics company to come out with! I have a fair-light, neutral-cool complexion and dusty roses, mauves and plums are my jam. They look much more natural on me than the shades you’d find in a generic nude palette, but it can be surprisingly difficult to find shades like this that don’t pull too warm or too bright for my complexion. This palette hits me just right, which surprised me as all of the Lolita lip shades are too warm for me to wear. 7 out of 9 of the shades pull cool, but not *too* cool, with the other two shades skewing more warm/terracotta, but all nine are very wearable for me. It has a nice variety of shades that can create a wide variety of looks without needing to reach for an additional palette, though the Urban Decay Naked 3 would serve as a good complement to it. The only color it seems to be "missing" is a warmer light pink to wear with Lolita (a chestnut rose) and Con Amour (a deep terracotta).

Quality wise this palette hits the mark as well. All 9 shades are buttery smooth that deliver clean, saturated pigmentation and blend easily. That can be tough to do with an all-matte palette! They are a little of on the powdery side, so that can make them a little messy in the pan, but nothing too bad. I haven't tried wearing them without primer, with with a primer, they last all day easily without fading. The packaging is super cute as well. It comes in a beautifully decorated, sturdy cardboard packaging with a large mirror underneath the top lid.

The only thing I don't dig about this palette is that it's limited edition! I love it so much that I know I'm going to need a back up or two, and the $39 price point is low enough that I won't feel too guilty about hoarding them. It's definitely worth the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The popular suits-all Lolita shade in Kat Von D's range is described as being a 'chestnut rose' [neutral rosy mid-brown] that already comes as a best-selling matte liquid lipstick, a cream lipstick and a eyeshadow/blush single and now for the holiday 2018 season we are getting an 8-pan all matte eyeshadow palette, which contains the original Lolita eyeshadow shade and seven new coordinating rosy-but-neutral shades; Promesa (pale pink), Besitos (dusty rose), Recuerdos (raisin), Hermosura (rose), Con Amor (terra cotta rose), Lolita (chestnut rose), Corazón (plum), and Eterno (eggplant). Like with the Lolita single, all of the shades in the palette make great blushes [Besitos & hermosura are the best on my fair warmer-side-of-neutral skintone].

Lolita is a fantastic 'staple' type of palette to own for us "we need some basic neutrals to ground our eye looks, but neutral shades are boring" people, since all of the shades are easy-to-wear brown based neutral base/highlight/crease/transition shades, but with that added rose in the undertones. You can take any shades from anywhere in this palette and they'll match perfectly - try pairing the lighter shades on the left-hand side of the palette with the darker ones on the right for more impactful looks, use the middle ones for softer gradients, or use this palette alongside another one to kick things up a notch.

I've no complaints with the Lolita palette; fantastic quality (great pigmentation, smooth formula & long wearing), not too warm or cool shades that are flattering on every skin tone and easy wearablity. I really enjoy the brand's bigger festive eyeshadow palettes for fun shades, but it their smaller theme-orientated palettes are my favourites & most-used and Lolita is the best one yet.

on 11/27/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love Kat Von D's new eye shadow, Lolita! As is usual with her products, the color pay off is fantastic. Lolita shadow, like the lipstick, is the perfect chestnut rose....but it doesn't look like deep pink eye shadow. Of course, if you want to play up the pink in the shade, you could. It is a great value for me because I also use it as blush for a fantastic monochromatic look. Since a little goes a long way, I apply it as blush with a large kabuki brush, not a regular blush brush. Hope this color never goes away. I purchased 2 just to be on the safe side!